S1 | Her dimples.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We had been flying for a while and neither of us said a word to each other. I was lost in my thoughts, wondering about everything that has happened so far since the girls arrived. I knew Tzuyu had awakened some of her blood but I didn't know how much and I think it was time to figure it out. I looked down to the girl in my arms. She was looking straight ahead, her mind wondering away god knows where. She looked so innocent and broken, it was hard to see that she could kill someone without remorse. I knew what I had to do and I hoped she won't kill me for it. 

I let go of her body, letting her drop from hundreds of feet in the air.

"Come on, come on. Show me something!" I said, but she kept falling and falling, "!" I dove down racing after her with the wind hitting my face. By the time I reached her, we were almost at the treeline. I grabbed her by the waist and lift her up into the air again.

"Are you crazy!?" Tzuyu yelled at me. "I swear you'll regret this."

"I wanted to see what you could do."

"What?" She said. I stopped flying, grabbed her by the neck and held her at arm's lenght. Her feet were hanging down towards the ground.

"Listen, and listen well," I said slowly. I waited before I had her undivided attention. "I know that you have awakened some of your blood. I saw that you that guy the say we went to Annwn. My job is to make sure that you are not a threat to the town and school, okay? I just want to know what you can do, can you show me?" As I spoke, my voice got softer and softer.

Tzuyu thinks for a while and without a word she took my hand and ripped it off her. I screamed in fear that she would fall but to my surprise, she stayed in front of me not moving.

"You were afraid for me?" She asked confused.

"Ya," I said, "I was," After I said that, there was an awkward silence, just looking at each other. I cleared my throat, "So you can fly, huh?" Tzuyu didn't answer; she just kept looking at me.

"If you have questions, keep it and ask Mina. I'm not giving you any." She said quietly.

"Good to know," I said and decided to change the subject, "How about we race back to the lake. Through the wind and through the trees, what do you say?" I grinned at her and started my way back where we came from and she was following right beside me.

I dove down into the trees flying through the branches and she followed. I was laughing, enjoying the wind through my hair and avoiding the obstacles in front of me. We continued like that for some time until I decided to go faster. 

I went back up above the trees and continued my way to the lake, when I looked behind me, I couldn't see Tzuyu anywhere. Guess nobody messes with a child of the wind. As I turned my eyes back to the front, I saw a black smoke and what looked like webs appearing in the air. I put the brakes trying to change course but I was not able to. I crashed into the figure fairly hard and we went falling out of the sky. 

We crashed into the lake and the water above my head took the away air in my lungs. The shock of the cold water kept me frozen for a few seconds before I managed to control my body again. I retraced my wings and swam up to the surface.

I looked around to Tzuyu in the water with me. I was so mad right now for teleporting herself in front of me that it occur to me that she was laughing.

"Are you nuts? We could have gotten hurt!" I screamed at her, "Stop laughing you piece of–" I froze. She had dimples showing with her wide smile, her smile looked sincere and her eyes held life for the first time since I first met her. It's a beautiful sight; seeing a person come back to life even if it doesn't last long.

"What?" She asked with the smile still on her face.

"You're laughing," I simply said. She shrugged but slowly and surely she lost her smile and her eyes lost the life she had in them. But her body seemed calmer and more at ease. With a huff, I put my hands on top of the water and pulled myself up. I didn't feel like swimming right now.

"How did you do that?" Tzuyu said. I looked down and she was looking at me with a curious face. I could only see her head as the rest was still under water.

"Come on, you know how to fly but not walk on the water?" I said, and she shook her head. 

"Teach me," With a sign, she took my hand and I lifted her out of the lake. I used my magic to control the density of the water underneath her feet so she could stand up. And so for the next two and half hours, I taught Tzuyu how to walk on water. She kept falling in the lake, but she never gave up. It took a while for her to grasp the magic but she was finally able to control the element.

The sun had already set and by the time we arrived at the lake house, I was so tired that I just wanted to have a nice hot bath and go to sleep. Mina was sitting alone in the living room reading a book, and Tzuyu went directly to the sofa were her sister was.

She slumped down on her stomach, the top of her head was touching Mina's leg and her right arm was gently placed on Mina's lap. Her feet were hovering over the arm chair and into the air. She sighed in content and closer her eyes.

"What did you do to my sister?" Mina asked me with a hint of humor in her voice as she ran her hand through her sister's hair.

All I wanted to do was ask my questions about Tzuyu but I knew I had to wait, "I taught her to walk on water and we raced in the sky," I answered. "We actually had fun. And Tzuyu laughed," Mina's face turned into shock after my last statement.

"Chewie, is it true?" Mina asked and Tzuyu slowly kneeled in front of her sister. She had a small smile on her face.

"I remembered," She whispered. "I remembered how to laugh. Everything went away. It was calm." Mina held one of her hand to as she was trying to stop the tears from falling out of her eyes. This must have been the greatest news Mina's had ever had in her life by the look of pure joy and happiness she showed. Her other hand went to Tzuyu's cheek as she gently it with her thumb like a mother would her child.

Tzuyu's smile turned into a frown, "But I forgot again." Mina shook her head and gently bumped foreheads with the later.

"It's okay, it's okay." She kept saying. Then she looked directly into Tzuyu eyes and smiled, "It's progress sweetie. One step at time, right?" Tzuyu nooded her head. I couldn't help but smile at this emotional moment.

Not every siblings has this strong of bonding with each other. The relationship between these two sisters was so strong and so tight it made me want to go back in time and repair the bond I had with my brother before he died.

"Why don't you go upstairs? I'll meet you there soon, alright?" Mina asked her sister. She kissed Tzuyu on the forehead before letting her sister up. I was watching the brown head girl leave the living room. Mina came from the sofa and cupped my cheeks before kissing lightly my cheek.

"Thank you," She simply said. I smiled at her and nodded. I was unable to form a word because I was still shaken up from all the emotions running through me. I took a deep breath, it was now or never to ask about Tzuyu.

"What's wrong with your sister?" Mina's face hardened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter