S2 | Broken trust. [PART 2]

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yeji POV

 


Ma and I headed back home in silence. I was limping, still hurt by the fight but Ma couldn't heal me. She didn't have the power to do so.

"I know why you brought me to the club," I told her to break the silence, "You thought you could scare me with that fight. You thought I would stop asking you about training me."

"Some plan I had," Ma said with a cheeky grin, "Totally backfired, didn't I?"

"Yup," I said with a laugh and Ma shook her head. These were the few times she and I got along and I loved every moment of it. These were the moments that swayed my heart for a good mother-daughter bonding.

We arrived home to see the lights opened. I swallowed in fear of Mom's wratch that we were about to feel. I looked at Ma but I couldn't tell if she was as nervous as I was or not. Her face was impassive and her shoulders stiff.

We arrived at the bottom of the balcony stairs in time for the door to open and Sana come out. She looked mad and disappointed. I could see betrayal in her eyes and something else I was not too sure of.

"I can explain—" Ma started but was cut off when Mom threw a blast of magic. The ball of energy hit Ma square in the chest. Ma was thrown ten feet away and landed on her back. Without glancing at me, Mom jumped off the few stairs and her six feet long wings spurted out of her back.

I flinched as she passed by me. I had never seen her so mad at Ma before and it began to scare me.

"How could you put Yeji in the cage!?" Mom yelled at Ma as the latter one slowly got up, "You know, he told me you would betray my trust. He said you'd do it!"

For some reason, Ma stayed silent which aggravated Mom's mood who swung her fist again. Ma blocket it with a surprised face.

"You promised you wouldn't bring the children to the 'Golden Fist'!" Mom hit her again and this time, Ma let her. I flinched at the power of the hit. Ma's head was thrown sideways and I swore I heard a crack, "Just like he said!"

Ma stood straight again but her face hardened and her eyes turned into crisom red.

"Whomever got into your head, get them out!" She yelled back, "It's making you doubtful."

At that moment, both my adoptive parents were fighting each other. Not like the fun sparring they usually did, but the killing each other type; well Mom was, but Ma was defending herself. If I had thought that the fighters at the 'Golden Fist' were good, well they were nothing in comparasion. These two were magnificent in a horrifying way. It also felt wrong. They should never have to fight each other and it felt as if it went against nature.

The fight didn't last long when Ma was one again on her back. I knew she was trying hard; she was trying so hard not hurting her wife.

"Don't come in," Mom spat and walked back to the house. She looked at me and pointed to the door, "Inside, now!"

Mom stormed back and while I lingered a little longer. I watched Ma rise on her elbows and glanced where Mom used to be.

"I screwed up somewhere, didn't I?" She asked me innocently. I shook my head and walked into the house. I hesitated by the door but Ma's voice made me resolute, "It's alright, Chameleon. I'll be fine."

I walked into the kitchen where Mom was looking out the window. I looked at her back, afraid of what might be said.

"I'm sorry," I told her, "I pushed Ma into training me. It was all my fault."

"None of it is your fault," Mom said as she turned toward me. She looked so sad, with tears in her eyes, "Chewie knew she was not supposed to bring you there. Something has come to my attention and I don't know what to make of it."

"And beating your wife is the way you decided to make it off?" I asked her with a straight face. Mom cocked her head to the side but didn't reply, "Goodnight Mom." I told her before turning around and walking to my room.

"Goodnight sweetie."

 

 

Sana POV

 

 

Yeji was right, I really didn't take the problem well. But it would go nowhere if I confronted her again. I was so frustated with my wife. My heart had literally stopped beating when I saw Yeji fighting in the cage at the 'Golden Fist'. Never had I been so betrayed when I saw our sixteen years old daughter fighting for her life in the one place I didn't want her to be. I had constantly made Chewie promise not to involve the kids with the Underground world. The fact that Chewie brought her there was unforgivable.

I sat down on the chair and placed my aching head in my hands. I was getting really tired of the push and pull. Chewie had been pulling from all of us within the couple of weeks and it had been building up. I did not mean to snap at her, especially when something was going on with her but enough was enough.

"Is everything alright?" I heard the voice of my best friend. Mina walked into the kitchen as if  she was not blind at all.

"Yeah, no. I don't know," I stuttered. I sniffed and whipped my eyes from any rogue tears.

"Everything is going to be fine," Mina said to me. She grabbed my hands and gave them a little squeeze to which I returned, "But word of advice, if you're made at your wife, try talking to her instead of raging war."

I laughed. If I had not been madly in love with her sister, I would certainly had courted my friend a long time ago. But I guess bad girls were my thing.

"I'll try to remember next time." I told her and Mina gave me a dazzling smile.

"Good, because she need you even if she doesn't show it. This case of hers, the one with the Collector, has done something to her. Your trust in her is probably the only thing she can rely on at the moment."

"Where is she now?" I asked her.

"At the tree house, alone."

"I'll talk to her tomorrow, when I calmed down." I told her and Mina could only nod her head.

"That would be best."

That night, Mina and I forced the kids to play monopoly with us. It was always entertaining to play with two teenagers who could only grumble and a play as if their life was on the line. The thing was, Mina was a world wide professional when it came down to board and card games. She was so good in statistics and probabilities that made games so easy for her. The kids and I tended teamed up to try to beat Mina. We usually lost, unless Nayeon or Chewie were on our team.

We were having a good time, considering the circumstances. Yeji was unusually quiet, but I couldn't blame her, not after what she saw. I was ashamed of myself for acting that way, especially in front of my daughter. I tried to talk her but she blunty refused to speak about it.

Hyunjin knew something happened but like the ever gentleman he was, he kept from asking. Of the five of us in this family, Hyunjin was the peacemaker. He was our safe-maker and always tried his best to keep the peace in our house. It was no easy task what with Yeji being a ball of firing emotion, and Chewie bein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter