S2 | Slaughter. [BONUS]

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana POV

Day 8;

 

I was hungry. No, scratch that, I was starving. I have not seen a live soul since the day I arrived, except for my dear roomy Hyungsik and even he looked like a corpse. Hunger, thirst and stench were the things from keeping me awake at night. Oh, and lets not forget the absolute discomfort of being chained to a dirty wall with no way to lie down.

I didn't even know how long I have been here. The only enjoyment I had was when Hyungsik decided to sing or talk to himself because it was the only reminder that I was not alone in this hell whole. He was a bad singer but even a raspy voice was better than a depressing silence.

The worst part was that I didn't even know if my family was alive. The notion of them being alive kept me strong and in my right mind. But, were they looking for me? Were they keeping Naeun safe? Will they find me in time? Was Chewie losing her mind?

Gods I hoped, my wife had enough strength to stay cool. I laughed to myself; of course she wouldn't. I should probably start guessing when she would lose her mind. That might be a fun way to pass the time.

All those questions were driving me mad with anxiety. Something stopped my reverie and Hyungsik's awful screeching. We both looked at the metal door to see it opening. The first light came rushing in making me shut my eyes in pain and I recoiled back into the wall. The people by the door stayed where they were, waiting for me to adjust. I heard a clink sound and Hyungsik groaned. I finally managed to look up and saw my roommate stuffing his mouth in what looked like fake protein goo. It was grey, sticky with chunks of something else. I found the same thing by my feet and it took all my will power not to savagely shove into my mouth. That looked like the best food I had ever seen at this point.

"It's alright to eat like a animal, cherie," I heard in the voice I hated the most. Knowing he was gloating made my teeth grind together, "That is what we are after all. But I admire your willpower."

The man of my nightmares walked into the room and knelt before me so that my eyes were leveled with his. Behind him stood a young girl, no older than ten years old. Seeing her here made my blood boil. The more I learned about Dong Taeyang, the more disgusted I was with ever believing him a good man. He was a monster who had no empathy or  control. The fact of knowing he broke children for sport made me want to vomit on his perfectly shiny black shoes.

The little girl looked at me with dull brown eyes. Her dark hair fell in waves around her baby face. She was wearing a simple sundress with a rose in her hair. She didn't seem to notice that her bare feet were firmly standing on. I would have flipped if one of my children walked on this rotten floor, for fear or harpies.

"You know," Taeyang said, breaking my eye contact with the little girl, "I can give you much better food if you swear yourself to me."

I spat in his face in response. Taeyang flinch when the sticky liquid hit the upper part of his cheek. He took one of those fancy napkins from his front shirt pocket and whipped his face with it and smiled at me.

"I do love breaking a beast the hard way. It makes them more loyal to me in the end."

With a snap of his fingers, I suddenly felt the chains slowly go up. They didn't slow when they started pulling me upwards as well. I tried to break free from my cuffs but with the lack of blood in my system, I had no energy to do whatsoever. Giving up, I let the chains lift me up until my feet no longer touched the floor.

"Don't do this..." I pleaded the monster one last time.

"Give me your daughter," He replied and I shook my head. "Then, shall we start? Can't wait to hear you begging me..."

 

 

Yeji POV

 

 

Three days. It had been three stinking days since Mom was kidnapped and we were going out of our minds. My anxiety level tripled and I couldn't stop moving.

"Stop pacing Yeji, it's driving me crazy." My brother said, exasperated. I stopped reluctantly.

"Why isn't the Council doing anything?" I complained for the umpteenth time, "Why aren't we doing anything?"

"It takes time to find proof of an accusation, Yeji," My aunt Nayeon tried to calm me without success.

"It's been three days," I repeated. "It feels like they're taking their time."

"Oh, they certainly are," Aunt Mina said as she took a giant sip of whiskey, "They don't believe Dong Taeyang could possibly be the infamous Collector, therefore they have made this a priority."

"I would have thought they would try to clear his name." Grandmother Suzy said.

The whole family, excepting Ma, was sitting around the dining table trying to make a plan of action. We've barely seen Tzuyu since Sana's disappearance, but all I know is that some days she comes home covered in blood and others, she never shows up. Mina said the blood usually came from her fights inside the ring to relieve her form the stress. I didn't believe her, not completely.

"Why don't you try to talk to the Council again?" Nayeon asked to her sister, clearly getting annoyed.

"I told you before, I have tried but they won't listen. It's out of my power." Mina replied.

"Nothing is out of your power when you're the heir to a throne," Minho answered, "You simply have to use what you have accordingly."

"Great, abuse my authority to my coworkers," Mina scoffed, "That will go well."

"Yes, well somethimes you have to piss people off in order to have something moving." Nayeon said sarcastically earning a warning growl from Mina.

Arguments were not unusual in this household but they had gotten pretty bad and constant since everything started. The tension only increased and the control diminished.

Mina was about to reply when Ma came walking down the stairs. As usual, her clothes were all black and her eyes bright red. They haven't changed colour since the house was bombed. We quietly watched her stride through the hallway where she picked her black leather jacket and umbrella, though the weather forecast told of clear skies.

"Where are you going?" I asked walking beside her. Ma walked to the dining table and kissed Naeun's head, who was sitting on grandma Suzy's lap.

"Mama will be right back," She said to her daughter and the little three years old nodded with a yawn.

"Be safe." She whispered. It warmed my heart to hear the little girl say things like that. Even though she was only three, it seemed as if she knew what was going on and understood all we were saying.

"Tzuyu, what are you planning?" Mina warned. They all slowly got up with caution, as if they were facing a feral dog. I have never seen them act so cautiously before.

"Don't wait up, and don't follow." Was all she said. I felt her power dominate the room and it was enough to make me gag. I shivered. Her magic felt like death touching my arm; the foul taste of corpse on my tongue and an emptiness seed through my soul.

I knew she was going to teleport so I dove and grabbed her arm bringing me with her. I hated teleportation. It felt like my insides moved and were all in the wrong places. Ma held me upright until the dizziness left my muffled brain and that my feet were stable enough to hold me.

"I swear you twins have been nothing but trouble," I heard Ma mumble in annoyance.

I blinked the blur away from my eyes and looked around. Surprisingly, I saw Hyunjin hanging on Ma's other arm. Honestly, I didn't think he would come, but, like me, all he wanted was the safety and family that was given to us

"You do know I'll be blamed for this, correct?" Ma siad.

"Sorry Mama Chewie," I said with my usual sarcasm, "But family sticks together right?"

"Don't call me Chewie, or Mama." Ma said with a roll of her eyes, "She's not here right now."

Hyunjin and I looked at each other, confused. We knew she had some sort of mental disability and personality disorder but we had never seen it before. This person in front of us looked like our adoptive mother but she was not the one we knew. It would only be later that we'd find out how far we were from discovering the truth about Tzuyu. It seemed the Ettore family kept many secrets hidden.

"We're in the Ministry building. Where the Council is residing." Hyunjin said while looking around.

Sure enough, we were in the giant, spotless hallway of one of the most secured building in the supernatural city.

"This place has a magical boundary that blocks any teleportation or magical power," Hyunjin said, reveling his nerd side, "How did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter