S2 | Broken trust. [PART 1]

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sana POV

 

 

A few weeks had passed by and they weren't getting any better. The Council alliance had sent several members to help with certain things here and have been trying to make changes that most of us weren't very pleased by, especially the Underground. The friction between both societies had become unbearable for those of us who live on both sides.

Sketchy was a simple word to describe the situation. It was quite sudden for the Council to have interest in our region. They never bothered us before and now suddenly they arrive at the same time as the kidnappings, which had been gone unnoticed by the Council, had us very anxious.

Chaeyoung has been in politics up to her neck in trying to protect the Underground from the sudden political attacks. Meanwhile, Mina has been working on both side of the like since she is loyal to Chaeyoung and the Underground but is also a member of the Council. She has been used mostly as a mediator between both parties although her relationship with Chaeyoung was unknown to the Alliance members. Also, the Principal and Chewie's parents have been trying to help in any way possible as none of them wanted to have another war on their hands.

But for me, this was not my main problem. Chewie had been acting weird for weeks now. Her control had diminished to a point I have never seen before and she had been spending much of her time away from home. It was making me nervous about the way she was acting and I was losing sleep over it.

Today, I had a friendly luch date with Dong Taeyang. He had been a good friend since he arrived. We talked about many things as he was a very intellectual man. He kept the conversations going and interesting, something I had long lost interest with my fellow school colleagues. He kept me in the loop about the political business that was occurring in the region.

"Hello, Sana." Taeyang said as he sat down in front of me.

"Hey there, how's business going?" I asked him as I always have for a greeting.

"Not far I'm afraid," Taeyang replied, "I am in the middle of a political debate on the security of the citizens. The Underground rules are not very fond for our changes and have become something of a problem for the supernatural Councils. Perhaps of you would talk to your fellow friends from the Underground, it could facilitate our arguments."

As much as I was friends with Mr. Dong, I did not always agree with him. Whe he spoke of adding security, it disallowed the freedom of the public and it did not fare in our favor for trying to hide Naeun. The Underground was under watch twenty-four seven and it was not getting unnoticed. It was as if the Council knew something was going to happen and they wanted to be the first on scene.

"I can try," I smiled slightly before yawning in fatigue.

"You do not look well," Taeyang said converned, "Pray tell me what it is wrong?"

"It's nothing," I told him, "I'm having trouble with my wife."

"What is the matter with her?"

"She's been changing for the past few weeks and I don't know what to make of it." I told him truthfully.

"How so?"

"She's been more secretive. She's not much of a talker and has always had secrets but not like this. She is more discret around me and barely talks to Naeun or the twins."

"Who is Naeun?" Taeyang asked and I grind my teeth scolding myself about talking too much.

"No one important. Anyway, she's spending a lot more time with Shim Eunkyung. I don't know what she's thinking but I'm starting to worry."

"Are you jealous?" He asked with a sly smile.

"No," I told him, "I'm not jealous of Eunkyung. I know that Chewie won't sleep with her but I'm wondering what Eunkyung has plannes for her."

"Planned?"

"Yes, planned," I said, "She is a Demonologist after all."

Taeyang looked at me with concern. I think he knew I was holding information but I didn't trust him enough to tell him about my hypothesis without speaking of the 'Collector'. If my hypothesis was correct, there was no one from the Council I could trust at the moment. It seemed too coincidental for a sudden change in laws for it to be random.

When news had arrived in the Underground about the 'Collector', the Council came in and messed up the little peace we had with them. It was more likely that someone from the Council worked for the 'Collector' and tried to shift the public's eye to something thoughfully more important.

Mina had been trying to figure out if it could be possible for a mole to have entered in the Council. If they did, they would have to be high up for their suggestions and concerns, how untrue they may be, to be listening and approved by the members of the Council. I knew Ms. Shim was a high member and had access to many opportunities and facilities given by the assembly. I also knew that Taeyang was a good friend of Ms. Shim and may not take the idea seriously therefore my silence was the best procedure.

"It will happen someday." Taeyang said suddenly.

"What will?"

"Tzuyu's unfaithfulness."

"She won't cheat." I told him baffled. I didn't understand where this came from. I knew my wife and there was no way she would even do something as ridiculous as that.

"I am not speaking about the sleeping with someone else," Taeyang tried to explain, "I am speaking of something much more painful. Creatures like her; creatures with no affiliation and instability always find a way to betray those closest to them."

"I don't understand. Chewie is connected to her family and to me. Why would she break her only anchor of humanity?"

"Because your Chewie is not the main persona in her body. She is a fragment of her mind created to look sane and normal. I have seen it before. Has she not already broken your wishes?"

"You're getting out of line." I growled getting up.

"I am trying to prepare you because we are friends," Taeyang said as he stood up with me. "Tell me, has she not already gone against your desires?"

I didn't reply as I tried to remember my time with Chewie. Sure we had a few spats before but it was nothing major, "Chewie is a big girl. She can do what she wants."

"Even if it goes against you? What would happen of goes against your children?" Taeyang asked. He looked at me with sympathy, "Young love is always heartbreaking. You see all the good and bypass the bad but it is inevitable, Sana. She will betray your trust, just like my lover once did. Your wife is here now because she feels something but one day, she will return to her original self and it will only destroy you."

"Why are you telling me all this?" I asked. I was getting emotional, but I refused to cry. I simply didn't understand where he was coming from.

"I am sorry if I seem rash but I want you to be prepared for the day that will happen. From that you told me, her beast is too present for her to remain lucid enough to stay in the society."

"I truly am sorry about your lover," I told him sincerely, "But not all broken souls are going to go mad."

With that, I stepped out of the restaurant. I needed to talk to Mina, really badly. I didn't like it, but Taeyang had left me confused and troubled about our conversation. He had left doubting Chewie's control and sanity as well as mine. No, everything was going to be fine. Taeyang was only speaking as a politician who was sent to investigate the Underground and Chewie was unfortunately part of it.

I flew quickly to the Underground door. Upon arriving there, I didn't need to be checked as I was well known around here. I said 'hi' to Zoren as I ran passed him and made my way to the 'Golden Fist' fighting club. I knew Mina would be there, she usually was.

 

 

 

I found Mina behind the 'Golden Fist' pub-fight alright, just not the way I wanted to find her. In my defense, I did knock on the bedroom door but no one answered and I really needed to talk to her.

"Oh my God!" Mina yelled as she hid her body with the bed covers. I yelped and covered my eyes with my hands and I heard Chaeyoung chuckled beside my friend.

"What the hell, Sana?" Mina said to me with annoyance. I took peak through my fingers just as Chaeyoung got out of bed with all the confidence in the world. I whistled at the little woman just to have a rise from my friend who groaned as she covered her head with a pillow, "Can you get dressed, Chaeng?" I asked.

"I do recall that this is my room." Chaeyoung said li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter