S2 | A plan.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana POV

Day 41;

 

 

"Hey girly, you aliv'," I heard a rough voice ask from somewhere. 

"Yeah, still here."

"Thought I lost ya there fo' a mint' there."

I looked at Hyungsik, my still alive but barely cellmate. He looked worse than before. He was so skinny; I could count all of his ribs from where I was sitting. His broken jaw was twisted which made it difficult to understand what he was saying. I was surprised he'd survive this long, but I was glad. I didn't want to be alone here. Or ever.

"I can't do this anymore, Hyungsik," I told him sincerely with fear amd pain in my voice. "I won't survive his next move."

"Ya surv'd long enough," He said. I knew he meant well. He probably thought death was a more welcoming alternative than to wait for someone who will never come to save us.

"We need to leave," I told him. He looked at me in confusion, "Escape." I clarified.

"How 'bout that?" He asked with a snort.

"You we're right, we can't wait for Tzuyu to come save us. I don't even know if Ronn even left this hell hole. What do you say partner? You and me against a collection of rare and powerful supernatural beings."

"Bett'r than nothin'," He said.

I took a very painful shaggy breath, and thought about our new and yet weak resolve. As if we'd survive, but at least she would be proud I did my best to run back to her.

 

 

Yeji POV

 

 

No one had been sleeping since Tzuyu's outburst. The house had become utterly silent except for the beautiful piano music played by the monster herself. No one understood how little Naeun managed to walk through a heaily magical barrier though we had our theories. We thought that she may have genetically inherited Tzuyu's dark magic and light magic from Sana.

It didn't really matter though, because little Naeun managed to stop her mother's rampage. I was more disturbed by her lack of reaction towards the gore and horror that had become the kitchen. It was true, she was only three years old, almost four, but still.

"Don't worry, Berry. I was just busy sculpting and painting." Tzuyu had said to her daughter who believed every word she said. Naeun didn't seem to comprehend the extent of Tzuyu's words. Though, maybe she understood too much. Naeun was hard to read.

We listened to the beautiful melody of the piano, while we tried to conjure enough strength to plan the next move. Aunty Mina was in my room with Chaeyoung, I guess her beast took a lot of her, she seemed very tired and exhausted. Captain Seonjun and Nayeon were going through Hell knows what in the living room. They were probably trying to figure a way to find Sana and stop this madness. Hyunjin was sitting on the cough beside them, lost in thoughts while I was playing a game of 'Crazy Eights' with my boyfriend Daehwi. Yes, I still have one bacause he never left. When Daehwi heard about wreck, he decided to stay and protect me instead of running away. I was insulted about the reason he stayed because I didn't need protection, but I was really glad he was here. Right now, I focused on the card game because I was so restless, I had to do something but I believed that if I were to make noise, Tzuyu would rile up again, however unlikely.

It was in this silence that we heard the loud sound of something hitting the floor. The paino stopped. We all froze. The sound had come from the kitchen. No one had dared to walk into that room since its destruction. My heart sped up as Nayeon and Seonjun went to investigate. I could hear them whisper but I was too far away to hear what they were saying. I slowly got up and made my way out of the living room with my brother by my side.

The kitchen was a wreck. They had tried to clean it but the blood stains wouldn't come off. It looked the same as the other night except for the odd girl sitting on island counter. Surprised by this, I edged closer to see her features better. She must have been eight years old with dark hair and eyes. Her tiny feet were bare and she wore nothing but a yellow gown.

Seonjun and Nayeon were trying to speak to her but no answers came their way. Perhaps she couldn't understand what they were saying. The girl looked around the house with an impassive expression that would have Tzuyu proud. Speaking of Tzuyu, I felt her presence behind me as she walked into the ex-battlefield. Tzuyu had a sleeping Naeun on her shoulder and was slowling her hair. It was odd; Tzuyu's entire tenure didn't fit with her affections towards Naeun. Not that any of us cared.

Tzuyu handed me Naeun before walking inside the room with power radiating off her skin. As fast as I was to move Naeun comfortably on my shoulder, Captain Seonjun's sword and Nayeon's claws and teeth were out in a flash with Chaeyoung barging in the room in her full Gargoyle mode.

"She is just a girl, Tzuyu," Nayeon said as she stepped in front of the girl protectively.

"Why is she here?" Tzuyu said darkly.

"Let us speak with her and we'll let you know," Captain Seonjun said, "In the meantime, stay where you are."

Funnily enough, Tzuyu stayed where she was, looking curiously at the girl in our kitchen. I wondered if everyone thought it weird that she could pass through the dozens of de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter