S1 | Hirai.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina POV

 

"I'm not sure about this," I told my friend as I looked through the mirror. Sana had been fussing with my hair for the past hour. She was more excited than I was about the blind date I was supposed to have in the minutes.

"You are not having cold feet now," Sana said fixing my hair. Once she was satisfied with her job she let me go and admired her work. She had also picked my clothes because she knew where I was going while I was left in the dark. I was wearing a green checked shirt and tight black jeans with black sneakers. I wore little make-up and my curly red hair fell down my back.

The doorbell rang and Sana squealedand pulled me out of my room. I had my first view of my date when I was walking down the steps and God knows - she was inded beautiful. She was talking to my Mom who must have let her in and smiled at us when we made it to the final step. My family was standing in the living room which gave clear view of the door. They all had smug smiles on their faces and I knew they were eavesdropping. 

"Hey Momo, this is my friend Mina. Mina this is Hirai Momo, your date." Sana grinned.

"Hi, you are as gorgeous as Sana said you were," Momo shook my hand before kissing it. A small blushed crept on my cheeks. I could hear the 'aww' coming from my family members to which I provided them with a fake death glare.

"Thank you." I said.

"I'm a succubus by the way,"

"Really?" My Mom said excitedly, "I went out with an incubus once, they are great." She turned to me and gave thumbs up.

"Mom!"

"Honey, you promised not to talk about your ex-boyfriend," Minho whined playfully. He stood next to her and hugged her waist.

"Sorry bear, you know you are the only man for me. No man has bested you yet," She leaned into him but shook her head to us when he was not looking and put a finger on her lips. We fought hard not laugh right now.

"Shall we?" I asked. I didn't want my family to embarrass me further. I held the door open for Momo to walk out. I held my middle finger to my sisters and friends who were wishing me good luck but it was the moment I closed the door to Momo's car that it drawned on me that I was going on a date.

"Is everything okay?" Momo asked from the driver's seat. I nodded my head and gave her a tight smile.

"Just nervous," I said, "Where are we going?"

"Bowling," Momo grinned, "And don't worry, there is nothing to be nervous about. This is not my first blind date." Bowling, great. That's something I've never done before.

We arrived at the bowling center in town, one of the only fun places to hang out in this town. It was surprisingly full of people on a tuesday night. Momo led me to the small restaurant to order us some hamburgers while we waited for an alley to open.

"So, tell me about yourself Mina," Momo said, "I mean, I know you from school because you and your sisters are quite famous but I would like the information to come from the source." She gave me a wicked smile and took a bite from her food. I noticed everything was carefully calculated for seduction with her and it was effective.

I told  her a little about myself and vice versa. She asked me a few questions about how true some rumors were and I gladly corrected some of them but I also let others to linger in mystery. 

Momo was a lonely child. Apparently succubus had trouble in relationships because their main source of energy comes from . She was twenty years old but still needed to control her urges which is why she was still in school. She and Sana had a history together but it was only for pleasure with no feelings involved.

I was still nervous and if Momo noticed my restraint she didn't mention it which I was glad for. We were finally able to get an alley after we ate. We played  two games before the bowling club closed for the night. Momo was a very sweet and patient girl. She had a blast teaching me how to play properly and trust when I say that bowling is not as easy as they claim. I was not helping either because I was enjoying the feeling of being taken care of once. It had been years since I let someone tend me in a way I could relax without worrying about life. When we were done bowling, Momo drove us to the town park.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself," Momo grinned as we walked in the park with the street lights showing the path. Snow was slowly falling from the sky and we had to make sure not to slip on the icy road. We could see our breath puff out when we wxhaled. It was not cold enough to be shivering but we still had our coats and hats on.

"Do you always bring your dates bowling?" I asked in a friendly manner.

"Only the special ones," We laughed. Momo grew serious and stopped walking while gently turning me around. I could see her clearly with light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter