S2 | Trapped. [PART 3]

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeji POV

 

 

, , . This was not happening.

I ran my fingers roughly through my hair as my heart began beating faster and faster. I was actually having a panic attack. That was not good, now of all times and place. I was having trouble breathing now and I fell to my knees. I ignored the cold water that went up to my thighs and my forearms as I bent down. I couldn't hold my body up as I heaved. I began to see double and black spots appeared in my vision.

It took a while of deep breaths before I calmed down. Once the earth stopped turning, I noticed blood flowing down my arms. Blinking, I twisted to look at my back. Sure enough, the claw wounds hadn't stopped bleeding. In fact, it looked worse with the darker colors and the swelling.

Taking a deep breath, I thought of a bird. After a minute of trying, I gave up. I was too tired to turn into anything. I shook my head. Everything seemed hollow and confusing. I had no idea what was going on. I was dizzy, cold, confused, lost and badly hurt. Plus, I hadn't forgotten about the dude my mother's wanted me to save.

I puffed my cheeks and blew out a massive breath and tried again. This time, I only thought of wings. Pain expanded as I felt my back shape itself as wings began to spur on my opened wounds. Flying was going to be a .

When my body shifted enough, I got to my feet, only to fall back down. I was losing blood fast. I knew that, if nobody came to get us soon, neither the bald skinny guy and I would make it alive before finding our own way out.

It took me three times before I could get into the air and use my wings, eagle style (they rarely clap their wings), to get back to my charge. I looked around for the land mark. Once I found it I dropped down and completely missed my landing. My wings disappeared, leaving my back bare as I tucked myself in as I crashed to the ground. I rolled for a few feet before a tree stopped me short.

Ouch.

That hurt, I thought as I coughed. I wiped my mouth only to see a smear of blood on it. Damn, that was not a good sign.

I flinched as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to my agressor only to find the bald skeleton guy. He raised a hand in surrender and tried to smile and mumbled something incoherent.

"What?" I asked him.

"Ey gir, wher' you'r mama?" He asked again, and this time I managed to somewhat understand.

"Gone." I told him bitterly. He coked his head and frowned. I repeated slowly and dripped with venom, "They are not coming."

The man opened his mouth, only to close it. I think he felt as much as a loss as I was at that moment.

"Look, I get it, this . But trust me, if no one is coming to find us, then we are toast, dead and burried," He looked sick now. Feeling bad, I tried to soften the mood, "We need to get moving, otherwise they will find us and you'll be sent back to your living hell and I will be in actual—"

I couldn't finish my sentence as something hit me on the side and sent me crashing to the ground. I screamed in pain and writhed on the ground. What just happened?

I looked up and saw the evil twins standing beside Dong Taeyang at the end of the clearing. I stood up and faced them with hatred flowing in my veins. I searched Daehwi's face for any recognition or loyalty to me. But I saw nothing.

"Impressive aren't there?" Taeyang said with a smile. He advanced slowly towards me, leaving his bodyguards at bay, "Mirrored twin warlocks. The rarest form of magic flows through their veins. Together, they are unbroken and very hard to beat. Now, where is my property? You may know him as Hyungsik."

Taeyang looked around but the guy, went back into hiding underneath a fallen tree.

"Go rot in hell," I spat at him. Taeyang sighed and turned to face me once more, "You'll never get away with this!"

"I already have, darling," He said smugly, "It is impressive the influence one has when they are a loved Council member. Your Tzuyu had committed unspeakable treason against the Supernatural Communities and will be paying for it for a long time. Her words mean nothing to the judges because she is, in all facts, psychotic and deficient. As for Sana, I gave her a present; it's already taken care of."

"Screw you!" I yelled and ran towards him. He stayed exactly where he was. I tried to punch him but my fist went straight through and I fell to the ground. Damn, he was an illusion or an astral projection, whatever the difference.

"I have to admire your stupidity, little shapeshifter," Taeyang said. He turned around to look at me struggle to stand up. "Because of that, all of this was possible and I am closer, now than ever, to my most prominent prize."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I ignored his mentioning Naeun.

"Well, the Ettore's and the last royal blood Minatozaki were impossible to get close to. They were a paranoid close knit family. No one could even get near any of them, especially since the Battle of Alies. Hell, no one even knew the girls had gotten themselves a child. But, something great happened: You." He said pointing at me with a grin, "They decided to adopt two lowly animals and brought them to the protection of their home. They nourished them, brought them into a world of colors and love. Yady-yady-yady."

My throat closed, dreading what he was about to say and where he was going with his accusations.

"But you couldn't just accept their safety, could you? No, you needed to confront, to rebel and with that, you opened a door into the Ettore's house. You created a gap, a flaw that allowed me to plant a seed of mine." Taeyang opened his hand and revealed Daehwi behind him, "My most trusted weapon. He never failed me."

I stayed silent. My body had gone numb. Had it been really my fault? All of this; Sana, Tzuyu, Nayeon, Mina and Naeun?

"Yes little shapeshifter, you understood now. It is unfortunate that this journey of yours ends here and now, but I thank you for everything you have done for me. It will not go unforgotten. Unfortunately for you, I have no need for a shapeshifter. Farewell." Taeyang said with a wave of his hat and gave a nod to the twins.

As soon as Taeyang's illusion disappeared, I saw a plasma ball fly towards me. I managed to put my arms before me as the energy wave hit me. I flew backwards and crashed into the nearby tree, knocking my senses out of me.

I felt someone grab my hair and lifted me up. I opened my eyes and saw my no longer boyfriend Daehwi looking at me with blazing eyes and a sneer. I opened my mouth and spat blood on his face. That earned me a knee in the groin. I groaned as I lost all my air and fell to my knees. Deahwi dropped my head. Electricity appeared around his fist ans struck down. In a heap and adrenaline, I turned into a mosquito and flew away, feeling the electricity graze my crappy wings.

"Shapeshifters," A voice that sounded like Daehwi's but came from the other side of the clearing said in disgust. "Can't even stay in one body."

The evil twins joined each other in the middle of the clearing searching for me. It was disturbing to see two people, looking identical when you thought only one existed. My heart soared at the sight of the guy who was nice to me and stuck by me when I was having trouble adjusting to the new world I was brought into was now trying to kill me. Quickly, I shifted into an Eastern brown snake. I climbed a tree and waited.

"Do you know who you are?" The twin continued to speak. "What you look like? When you look yourself in the mirror, how do you know it's you looking back? Did you honestly think my brother, or anyone for that matter would like a faceless creature?"

I held my breath and my body shook in anger, but I refrained from doing something drastic.

"Isn't that what you are? Faceless? Nameless? Nothing?" This time, it was Daehwi who spoke, "How can a shapeshifter be anything if it doesn't have a body?"

"There are rumors that tell that a shapeshifter's real body is faceless, mouthless, and skinless," The twin ocntinued as he was speaking as Daehwi, "They say that shifters hated what they actually looked like so much, they had to change shapes in order to save face." They both chuckled at his play on words, "The worst part is that you only change into the creature, without its abilities. A vampire without speed; a which without magic. How sad."

They were still looking for me, good. In my snake body, I crawled from tree to tree until I got close enough. In a heap I jumped into the air and turned myself in an Australian funnel spider. I landed on the evil twin and bit him hard in the neck. The twin screamed and slapped me off his shoulder. I turned back into my human self as I crashed landed once again and looked up with a nasty grin.

"I may not have supernatural and magical abilities that define a creature, but I do get the characteristics that defines an animal born without magic. Like a spider for example: It is their body formation and evolution that built glands which contains poison."

Dread come to the twins. My grin spread wider. It was true, I couldn't reproduce magic, since I didn't have any and super strength, super speed, super senses, all descended to 'non-natural' abilities. The funnel spider, on the other hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter