S2 | The Queens.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sana POV

 

 

I woke up with a start, heart pumping at unreasonable speed. Panic build itself inside me until it was all I could feel. My breath was fast and shallow, I couldn't see clearly; there were only shadows and loud noises. The shadows were surrounding me, touching me and yelling. I squirmed in my bed, trying to get out. I had to get out, I had to get back to her, but the shadows wouldn't let me. Something was keeping me on the bed, keeping me from moving. It was unbearable. I began to scream. I had to find Tzuyu. She had been there, I knew it. She had found me, but now, I feared she got caught like I did. She didn't deserve his treatments. 

"Tzuyu!" I screamed. The shadows wouldn't get me this time, I thought, "Chewie..."

"Damn it, Sana," I heard a voice yelled over all the noise. I was pretty sure I was screaming my throat out, "Calm down, please. Let us help you."

"No,no," I chanted and squirmed away from the shadows. They were everywhere, I knew I couldn't escape this time.

"Sedate her," Another voice said before I felt something going through my arm. It was a few seconds later that I felt the energy itself right out of me and I fell back on the bed and then, nothing.

Nothing, what a joke. I didn't know where I was, but I didn't like it. At least, when I was in the dungeon, I knew what to expect. Here, I had no idea. It was not what I saw or did here, it was what I felt; cold, scared, alone, empty. I felt everything and yet nothing. Bits and pieces of the abuse I received kept leaping back and forth, keeping me from relaxing. I wanted it to stop. I hated it here and I wanted to leave.

I needed to find Tzuyu. I knew she couldn't survive what he would do to her. She would break, I knew it with all my being. As much as Chewie was the strongest woman I knew, she was also the most vulnerable. She was fragile and broken, no matter how much she could hold her own.

The though of my wife in that place jolted me awake. I awoke alert and shaking. I tried to move until I saw that my wrists were bound to the bed. Panic began to rise again as I tried to move my legs only to find themselves with the same fate as my wrists. I whimpered, tears running down my cheeks. Please, someone end this nightmare.

"Sana?" I heard a familiar voice speak calmly to me. I turned my head to the side to find Chewie sitting on the chair beside the bed. My speeding heart relaxed a little. She was here, she was safe.

"Let me go..." I whispered. I hated being vulnerable. I couldn't protect myself. I felt someone's hand on my wrist and untied one of the strains. The other three were untouched.

"Chewie," I whispered with a smile. I didn't have the energy to speak louder.

Chewie sighed and looked at me with sad eyes. I frowned. It was dark in the room and I couldn't see her properly. The lights were closed and the cloudy night sky. Her hair was long and there was something wrong with her eyes, her scar was no longer there. She looked sad and slightly disappointed. I didn't like it.

"Welcome back." She said to me. I smiled and reached to graze her cheek. She let me do so for a short moment before grabbing my hand and squeezing gently.

"You're alive," I stated, "I've missed you."

Chewie sighed and looked to the other side of the bed. I didn't know what she was looking at, but it seemed as if she wsa lost as well. She looked back to me and smiled. I couldn't miss the sorrow in her eyes.

"You are very high on painkillers right now and are hallucinating, but I am not Tzuyu," She told me and someone groaned behind me. I frowned and shook my head. I didn't understand, she was sitting in front of me. "It's Nayeon, your sister."

"No." I tried to pull my hand away but she kept it firmly in hers. The feeling of panic came back and I began to shake once more.

"Sana, I need you to breathe," Nayeon said with a hint of stress, as if she didn't want something to happen again, "Take a deep breath for us, I beg you."

I shook my head and shut my eyes tightly but breathed anyway. It took three tries before what was shallow breath became deep. Slowly the panic attack subsided and opened my eyes again.

"Where is she?" I asked the woman who looked like Chewie but was not. I could see my friend now. Nayeon looked tired, with bags beneath her eyes and her shoulders were slouched. They were never slouched because she was the stiffest person I ever met.

"Where is she?" I asked again. This time felt like I was begging, because Nayeon had refused to answer me. She looked over my shoulder again and sighed. She passed a hand roughly through her hair.

"Not yet," She told me and I shut my eyes trying to stop the tears from falling. "This is not the first time you woke asking for her. Sana, please take a deep breath and let me explain what is happening."

"Why won't you tell me where she is?"

"Because we tried that before and we had to sedate you to the point you where almost in a comatose," Nayeon never was good at going around the bush when she spoke. She was always direct, curt and specific when. Sometimes I appreciated it, "You're safe now," She said. I opened my eyes, a tiny shard of hope lit in my heart.

"Is he dead?" I asked but she shook her head. "Prison? Isolation? Broken?" All shakes of the head. Anger burst through me.

"Then why the do you say I'm safe!?" I screamed at her, which made her flinch. With the little speed I could muster, I grabbed my restrained wrist with my free hand and tried to undo it. I was stopped when Nayeon's shadow loomed over me and grabbed my arm. She was much stronger than me at that moment and probably spent no effort at keeping me from leaving.

"Stop, or you will be sedated again," She whispered loudly. That made me stop. I looked up with anger. Anger at her for refusing to let me go, anger at me for being afraid of thinking of what she might do to me. "Let me talk."

She slowly let me go when my posture told her I wouldn't try to leave again. She sat down on her chair, but I stayed on my side with my back facing her. She was wearing Tzuyu's clothes, it made my heart ache.

"The Special Unit of Supernatural Protection and the Council found you nine days ago." She explained, "You've been in extensive care since then. You had many injuries. You were underweight, still are too,  and you were sick. You were so scared that they kept sedating you before— before they found—" For some reason, she couldn't finish the sentence.

"Before what?" I asked no louder than a murmur.

"Doesn't matter," She said. Nayeon took a shaggy breath, "Anyway, Chaeyoung, his crew and I went to his lair. I found Yeji and your fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter