S2 | Home.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dear reader, this story is not a critic or anything of that gender. If I have made any of you uncomfortable I am sorry for that is not my intent. Do not start an argument on the comment section. Also, I wanted to say that the next chapter will be the last one. Hybrids is finally coming to an end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana POV

 

 

Today was finally the day Chewie was released from prison. After four months of court, politics and arguments, Chaeyoung and Mina had managed to clear her name from the murders by having her plead some insanity defence. Chewie would be released but not without its consequences, though it was better this way. She had some sort of therapy and was to be accompained by family members and SUSPs for the next few years when she was allowed to leave the premise of our home.

Apparently, Chewie was going crazy in isolation. She had already killed a few prisioners who had, according to the guards, started every fights. Chewie had become somewhat of a legend amongst the supernatural. The prisioners all had enough testosterone and guts to try to beat her in a fight. They all failed.

Four months was a long time. I hadn't seen her for over half a year and was yearning to see her again as much as I dreaded the encounter for many reasons.

A massive fit of unhealthy cough brought me  out of my thoughts. I look to the front of the can, where Mina was bent in a half, with Chaeyoung who was in the passenger seat, rubbing her back. Since this madness began these two looked like a couple glued together. Chaeyoung was simply showing Mina that she was there for moral support. We all needed that right now.

"Sana, you best go out soon," Mina told me. I simply nodded but stayed sitting. I was not ready to meet her. So much had changed, so much happened, I was afraid of her reaction. We all were I guess.

"So," Yeji said, in her tiny fairy form. "Are we still sticking with the plan?"

"Yes." Chaeyoung said. We didn't all agree to this plan, but unfortunately it was the safest one we had.

"When do we tell her about Naeun again?" Minho, my fater-in-law asked.

"She will know if doesn't already," I spoke quietly. I hadn't said a word all day, which was fine with me. the others all looked at me with pity, anger and sadness in their eyes. I didn't blame them, I looked the same way every time I decided to pick up a mirror.

Chaeyoung and Mina were sitting in the front. I was sitting in the middle with Nayeon and the triplets parents were in the far back, waiting petiently for their daughter to come out of the prison walls. Yeji was sitting on top of a bench, in a fairy body and her brother Hyunjin stayed behind to care of Ronn and Jeongyeon. Naeun was sitting quietly between her grandparents in the back.

The plan was for me to be the first one Chewie saw while the others waited in the car for her to be stable enough to be approached. Naeun would be brought out after that for safety measures. It wasn't a bad plan, but I didn't feel like facing Chewie alone.

The doors had opened completely now and six guards surrounding Chewie stepped out into the open air. The sight of my wife made my heart beat faster. She looked impassive with only her red eyes looking everywhere for something which meant her mental state was unstable to say the least. I was surprised she was docile at the moment.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to look at Nayeon. She gave me a small aqueeze and a tight smile, encouraging me to step out into the fresh spring air. I took a deep breath and opened the door of the van and got out. I walked for about twenty feet away from the can, to the side so that they were out of range and away enough from the prison guards so they couldn't interfere.

Chewie straightened as she saw me stand so far away from her. She stopped walking long enough for the guards to remove the iron cuffs off of her wrists. The other guards drew their weapons towards her but she totally ignored them as our eyes stayed locked together.

The moment she was released, she appeared in front of me, only inches away. Both of our breathing quickened as it had been such a long time since we were in such close proximity. Unfortunately, it didn't last as I saw her freeze before me. She looked down and saw it.

The bump.

I closed my eyes for a second. My entire body shook so badly, I didn't think I would be able to hold something. I couldn't clam down as I opened my eyes, tears falling down my cheeks like a silent river.

Chewie was in shock. She looked at my stomach then up to my face and back down again. She raised her shaking hand and grazed her fingers on the growing bump probably feeling for the life inside. Her hand ripped away as if she touched fire.

I remained silent as my heart broke watching her expression. She looked totally destroyed and her eyes, oh her beautiful red eyes held so much emotions, it was overwhelming. I could see her mind turning miles an hour, trying to understand. For the first time since I met her, I watched her soul through her eyes. It was raw, open and vulnerable.

"No..." She said not above a whisper. She bit her knuckles hard, breaking the skin and letting blood drops flal to the frozen ground. Her face seemed to change as if she didn't know who to be. The beast was so close, I could touch it. I felt its distress as it tried to take control, "No."

And then she screamed. She scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter