Drawing heart

DubChaeng Story

Ever since childhood, I loved to dress like a boy. I liked to wear boyish clothes, so I spent all my youth in the company of my older brothers. They drove me to different places, lured me to different adventures. I was more fun with them than with the girls. With them, I often found a common language than with girls. Everything began to change when I grew up, and my body changed. Friends began to notice that I was a girl, not a guy. The brothers stopped calling me, saying that I did not understand the new hobbies. 'Cause I'm a girl But I didn’t give up just like that, I did not stop wearing men's clothes, hiding my long hair behind a cap or hat. My walk also became boyish, I learned not to wiggle my hips when walking.

By the age of 18, everyone in the district considered me to be one of the brothers who recently returned from the states. Yes, and my parents stopped asking me to change, realizing that they no longer knew how to dissuade me. However, before giving up completely, I had a rather strange conversation with my parents in the kitchen. He is still in my thoughts. Most clearly I remembered the words of my father:

“ We will accept you any, DaHyun.” And we will support any choice of your heart. Just trust us when you need help.

What he was trying to tell me, I understood only when I first fell in love. The first contender for my heart was a girl. For the first time, my heart beat sweetly a couple of times in my chest, making my blood circulate more energetically, giving my body the first sign of thirst.

Miyu Mina. Translated from Japan, my new classmate.

I remember the first seconds when the door of my class opened, and the first thing I felt was the aroma of sakura, and then the girl herself, like a tender and clean petal. Dark brown hair, bangs over the eyebrows, mole on the nose, upper lip slightly higher than the lower. The look she gave me was a dreamy look. She seemed not to look at me.

“Hi, I’m DaHyun, do you want me to show you and tell you why our school is called the Phantom?” - after the bell rang from the lesson, and until the next 15 minutes were left, I decided to take everything into my own hands.

- Dahyun? But this is a feminine name, Mina said embarrassedly, casting her eyes to the young man standing opposite.

“It's just that style,” she shrugged, “I have been dressing like this since childhood.” Do you find me weird?

- No. Not strange. To each his own. I didn’t know that your school is called the “Ghost”, why so? - trying to keep up with a new friend, Mina asked.

“Do you like scary stories?” I asked in a whisper, leaning toward the face of the reddened girl. I looked around, in the corridor it was not crowded, but to be safe, I dragged her around the corner, pressed my lips to her ear and spoke in a quick whisper. “Rumor has it that the ghost of the founder still walks through the corridors, and his voice is still heard when the doors close.”

“And what's so terrible?” - Mina did not understand, doing everything to stay with a neutral expression on her face, although at that moment her heart jumped out of her s. “ She is a girl, a girl, not a guy. Minari, calm down, you are talking with a girl, not with the handsome guy of your dreams! ”

“You're right, there’s nothing wrong with that,” I agreed, moving away from her, holding out my hand, “come on, I will show you my favorite place in school.” I am convinced that you will like it there too.

“So it's all a lie about a ghost?” - taking by the hand and allowing himself to be taken upstairs to the roof. “You tricked me, DaHyun?”

“Who knows,” she shrugged, “maybe a lie, or maybe the truth.” Come in, here is my refuge - opening the door to the roof, she smiled at her.

Mina rounded the standing DaHyun and walked forward. She was not at all surprised at what she saw, an ordinary school roof. Nothing special, but then why DaHyun smiles so brightly, what is so unusual here? She looked around and gasped. In reality, she did not expect to see beautiful graffiti with amazing landscapes on the roof. The paintings were amazing.

- Do you like? - proudly sticking out my chest, I grinned. - My hobbies.

“It's unbelievable,” Mina answered admiringly, moving closer to the wall, examining every detail. - Incredible.

- Thank you - blushing with praise, I went to one of the chairs, sat down and just began to watch the girl. - If you want, I’ll teach. There is nothing complicated here, you just need a brush, paint and your imagination. Do you want

- But what about the director? Does he know about your paintings? - Without breaking eye contact with the picture, Mina asked worriedly. She was bewitched by paints, they attracted her to themselves. She so wanted to create something of her own, belonging only to her alone.

- Knows and he does not mind. Honestly, at first graffiti was my punishment, I was a problem child. But then, after seeing this masterpiece, the director allowed, with only one condition, to make our school famous.

- Famous? What are you talking about?

“Well, anyway, you'll soon find out - scratched the back of her head, uncertainly began to explain. - Until the last semester, our school was the worst of schools, children with a not very good reputation were usually brought here. Prison for the dregs of society, I said in all seriousness, but did not expect to hear loud laughter from Mina. “Hey, I'm trying to be a tough guy here!”

“Ha ha ha, your eyes betrayed you, DaHyun!” You are the worst of the storytellers - the girl laughed, leaning against the wall.

- Caution! - did not have time to warn in advance. - The picture is still drying.

- What?! - bounced off the wall, as quickly as she could, looked back, but nothing is visible. Without hesitation, she began to take off her outerwear, when only one button was left on the shirt from her skin, Mina suddenly stopped, turned away, and somehow pressed herself. - You played me, right? - quietly asked.

“Yes, you are clean, Mina,” she answered just as quietly, looking at the girl’s milk skin with a rapid heartbeat. “I'm sorry, but who knew that you would begin ...”

- Be quiet! Not a word anymore - she asked, quickly fastening her back. - Do not look.

- Why? We are both girls.

- Do not look , you're a guy ! - Mina shouted , rushing to the door, but her hands grabbed her waist tightly. - Let go! I don’t want the guy’s hands touching me!

- Hey, hey, hush, hush. It's just me, DaHyun. And I'm a girl - muttered incoherently, trying to console Mina, not understanding why she had shouted so much before. In my arms, the girl began to gradually calm down, until she completely went limp.

- Its all right, I'm sorry I screamed,” Mina whispered, not making any movement to get out of her arms. I feel so protected in her arms. I'm so calm next to her.

- Nothing, everything happens - dismissed the words, moving away from her. “Let's go to the next lesson,” she said, just in time, the bell rang.

“Will we be back here yet?” Mina asked hopefully, glancing at DaHyun.

“Of course, anytime,” I smiled happily. “Finally there will be a girlfriend in my den!” Are you and I friends, Mina?

“You and I are friends, DaHyun,” Mina smiled just as happily.

***

Girlfriends. I first found out how good it is to have a girlfriend in my life. We could spend hours talking about art, arguing about a new idea for a future picture, discussing funny moments and just be ourselves. After our meeting, I found out that Mina is a quiet and calm person. She does not like to speak, and if she answers, then specifically in the case. And she’s also shy. But most importantly, she knows how to cook. Tasty to cook. You’ll just your fingers. The day after she came to school, I brought her to my home and introduced her to my family.

- Meet my friend Mina - joyfully introduced her to everyone.

- Hello, nice to meet you. Forgive me in advance my Korean, we just recently arrived only from Japan.

“You have a wonderful pronunciation, Mina.” We are so glad that our daughter has a girlfriend, otherwise she spends all the time with her brothers.

“I'm glad too, Mom,” I shone, glancing at Mina.

The sweetness in the name “Mina” has taken its place in my heart. For the first time I was so comfortable next to the girl. Soon, I began to notice that my time was distributed to what was before Mina, and what happened after it. I began to notice more often that I woke up with the name of Mina on my lips, and falling asleep thinking about her. This was the first time I came across such a feeling, I did not know what to call it. Emotions filled everything to the last, forcing my body to react strangely to Mina’s refusal, to her excuses, to her attention to other people.

I wanted to have her completely with me. Racking up smiling , not knowing myself, I asked my father, telling all without reserve. Came, as he requested. I entrusted my heart to him. After listening, he hugged me, kissed my forehead, said:

- Your heart has fallen in love. Do not worry, this is not a disease, love is an interesting test for your heart and your soul. Now everything is in your hands, do not rush, first find out everything, and then boldly go forward. I hope good luck awaits you.

I fell in love. She listened to heart beats, felt a fever in her chest and realized that she began to stutter during a conversation. Miyu Mina, my only friend I have accepted in my heart, is who I fell in love with.

Selfishly thinking that she feels the same way, I made a mistake, didn’t check, went forward, with an open heart.

P asked Mina to meet on the roof, in our place. When she arrived, without losing a second, blurted out:

“ I'm in love with you.”

In response, I heard silence, then I saw a sad look and a answering voice with complete regret:

- Sorry, but I have long been in love with another person. My heart forever belongs to her alone.

Sweetness still lived in my heart, in which emptiness now gaped. Mina did not see my tears, no one ever sees them, I did not allow my weakness to be seen. She tried to make excuses, asked to remain friends, to be in my life. At that moment, I really wanted to refuse, to break all our moments, to forget it, but the wind that swept past us brought the aroma of sakura, blooming nearby, and my heart fluttered, remembering the first meeting. Remembering her dreamy look, that bewitched me, captivated me in their networks.

“DaHyun, are we still friends?”

“I need time to get back to my old self.” Give me two weeks, Mina - without saying another word, she turned away and left, leaving not only the roof of the school, but the school itself , giving the principal a request from her parents.

My heart was broken twice that day. The failure of Mina and the death of her grandmother. Leaving school, a car was waiting for me, the driver was an older brother. Parents were waiting for us at the station when we arrived. The train left in 5 minutes, we had time on time. Having entered the car, sitting down in our seats, we silently said goodbye to the city, leaving for the village. The train slowly gained momentum, soon only a trace remained from the station, a haze. I felt the sharp pain that settled in my heart gradually weakening, turning into the same haze. Leaving only the sweetness of friendship.

I wrote to Mina after a week and a half, assuring her that our friendship had not suffered.

Since that day, when I returned to the city, our friendship has only strengthened, and now, saying the word “I love you”, I added “sister” at the end.

***

Tenderness and caring is what my heartfelt the second time when I saw a girl sitting on a bench playing with a small dog. I was waiting for Mina that day, she promised to quickly finish her business and come. While she was gone, I decided to take a walk in the park.

For a couple of years after graduation, I was still looking for inspiration for my hobby. True, recently, my hobby has been giving me income. Very decent. I could not imagine that someone would like my paintings. Mina was the first to put them on display. She herself thought out the whole plan, enlisted her girlfriend Im Nayeon, by the way, one of the best architects, and now she needs to find out where to show my new creations.

Over the past year, I practically did not crawl out of my shelter, the inspiration went into my thoughts. Mina and Nayeon supplied me with everything I needed. They even made me go out to theaters, cinema, and dinner a couple of times. They took care of me, and I am very grateful to them. I’m afraid without them, I would not have done half the work.

My heart was closed from school, and no one at the university was able to penetrate the walls that I had exposed .

“Don’t be upset, DaHyun, you will still find a girl or a guy you will fall in love with.” We promise to protect you by then.

And now, the time has come, I again, like with Mina, felt this feeling. My eyes were now looking at the girl my heart longed for.

“You look at me, do we know each other?” - a barely noticeable smile adorned her slightly full lips, bright brown eyes shone in response to my opinion. “I, Minatozaki Sana, are you by any chance an artist Kim DaHyun?”

“How do you know my name?” I haven’t introduced myself to you yet - in response I heard a loud laugh. The girl got up from the bench, took out some folded paper from her purse, unfolded it and showed it to me.

“That's how I know you.” You are a celebrity, Kim DaHyun. And I'm your fan from your first picture.

On the expanded paper I saw my photo, I remembered where it was taken and involuntarily smiled at my memory.

- Don’t twist, get up normally, let your hands go down or not, let’s you better turn around and look at the picture, and I’ll take you off in profile - Mina held a camera in her hands and pointed the camera lens at DaHyun’s profile. For an hour she tried to create the perfect image. She wanted her friend to be perfect, like her picture, behind her.

“You haven't finished there yet?” - Carrying a tray of hot tea and pieces of cake in her hands, Nayeon asked. “Minari, make it already; stop mocking Dubu.”

“I am still the perfect angle, unnie,” the girl waved away from her, squatting, and finally exclaimed triumphantly, “I found it, freeze!” And, 1, 2, 3, DaHyun smile!

“Did I say something funny?” - Seeing a strange smile on DaHyun's face, asked Sana.

- No, no, I'm sorry, I just remembered something. So how do you like my job? - nodding at the image, she asked curiously , Sana smiled sweetly, straightened her curl by the ear. Her movement fascinated me, my eyes froze on a small ear with an earring in the shape of a heart. - Lovely earrings.

- Thank. Birthday present - she smiled dreamily, hiding an earring behind her hair. - Honestly, I am delighted with your graffiti. I see so many stories in them, and for some reason it seems to me that they are all connected with your life. I'm right?

- Hmm, maybe. If you want, I will give you a tour of ...

- DaHyun! Sorry, baby, I’ve been late, but my delay will give you the opportunity to show the whole world your new creation.

“Minari, how many times have I asked you not to run so fast.” You know that ... Hey hello Tofu. Uh, hello - the first to notice a beautiful girl next to my girlfriend. - Are we interrupting?

- Sana, get acquainted, Nayeon and Mina, my sisters.

Sana did not have time to introduce herself, she was interrupted by a tall girl who fled from the other side of the park:

“Sana-unnie, I'm sorry, I'm sorry it took so long!” I did not think that they would detain me in the store.

- It's okay, Tzuyu. Calm down, see, I haven’t gone anywhere, still here. Meet my new friends. DaHyun, Nayeon and Mina.

“Oh, luck finally smiled at you, yes, unnie?” - grinned, winking at Sanaa. “I hope none of you steal my girlfriend’s heart?”

- your girlfriend? - I repeated, disappointed in my heart, it led me in a false trail.

“Yes, Tzuyu and I, together,” Sana shone happily, holding her hand. - Today is the first day we officially became a couple.

“I warned you,” the girl said, threateningly raising her eyebrows.

Maybe my heart was mistaken in Sana'a, but I hoped and believed, and waited.

After we met in the park, I invited them to my exhibition. They came, then we had a great time drinking for my grand success in one of the prestigious restaurants.

Sana and Tzuyu became another of my friends. They accepted me as I am, with all my imperfections and the style of clothing. I still have not changed my style, only now I have not hidden the length of my hair behind hats or caps.

***

- And the last question. Please tell me, is your heart still free? - Asked his journalist, sitting opposite me.

- Unfortunately, no, I'm still looking for my soul mate - she smiled sadly at him.

- I'm sorry to ask, but how can you not love? You are at such a young age as you - quickly figured it out in your mind - you are only 2 9 years old, you are famous all over the world, the great minds of the art sciences recognize your talent...

- Ha ha, stop, stop, you will praise me - laughed, but there was still sadness in my eyes. - I’m not so talented as you say, it just happened to paint a picture in which they believed and appreciated.

- Your paintings are amazing! At home, they weigh a couple of your paintings, and whoever comes, everyone is enchanted by them. They reassure me and provide food for new ideas. So do not tell me that these are just pictures - the journalist defended ardently.

“Thank you,” I thanked for such a tip.

- Excuse me, but can I ask the latest question? I’m wondering how an ardent admirer of your work, why did you call your new exhibition “Painting with a Heart”? Does she mean anything to you?

- You will find the answer to this question in my paintings that you will see tonight. I was pleased to talk with you, but I still have things to do. I hope I meet you there? - winked, said goodbye.

“I will definitely come with my whole family,” he promised, saying goodbye.

***

The evening was lively. A pleasant melody personified the tenderness and harmony that was present in every painting or graffiti. All my loved ones were present here. I looked at them from far away, I was happy that everyone could come without exception.

Mina and Nayeon, talking about something in front of a wall covered with graffiti, an image, no matter which side you look at, you will still see the lunar sea path from the gazebo to the horizon.

Sana and Tzuyu, on the contrary, chose a painting painted in pastel in the Art Nouveau style. In it, I tried to convey all parts of the natural cycle.

My older brothers and their families stood in front of my new work, there were practically no light tones in the picture, it was gloomy, and frankly, I did not want to show it, but Nayeon insisted, proving that it would be to the taste of many visitors. And she, as usual, was right. I noticed that they often approached her all, read the names, looked at them, tried to understand what was the point.

I, as the hostess of the evening, did not intervene, although I should have. Usually, any artist is interested in whether or not his work is like, but honestly, I was afraid to ask. I was scared to hear a negative answer tonight. Therefore, as I could have avoided everyone, especially when I saw that they were striving for me.

The evening was slowly approaching its end. I could start breathing more freely, feel myself again. A smile more often began to appear on my tense face, the whole body somehow relaxed. Now they approached me to say goodbye, shook hands with me, smiled, praised me.

“We will be waiting for you in the usual place,” Mina informed me, hugging me on the shoulders. Nearby patted her on the shoulders, carefully adjusting the strand of hair that had been pulled out of the hairstyle behind her ear.

“You only have to get one visitor out who is still standing next to your first picture - nodding towards the black-haired girl,” Sana said. “We saw her returning to her all evening.” What is it for?

“Go to her, meet her, maybe she is your soulmate,” Tzuyu said simply, without a single emotion on her face.

- But my heart is beating normally, it doesn’t react at all to it - I listened to myself, and yes, my heart rate remained calm.

“Not always the heart can be an ally,” Tzuyu reasonably prompted her, quietly pushing me forward.

- Come on bolder, DaHyun. We will wait for you there or write an SMS if you get out with this girl - finally Nayeon said, forcibly taking everyone out of the hall.

I took a step, no matter how quietly I walked, they heard me. The girl with black hair cut under the bun turned around at the noise, smiled shyly at me, again returning her gaze to the painting on the wall. We were silent , each thinking of his own. I stood next to her, listening to my heart, to my intuition, but they were both silent. Deciding that it was not fate again, she sighed, just began to look at the girl's profile.

She was a little lower than me, dark skin, black eyebrows, full lips, a small ear. Looking closer, I noticed several moles, but I was attracted by one, the one under the lower lip . Then I was fascinated by the smile that gave me dimples.

Why does my heart not melt from such magnificence? She is the cutest girl in the world! I need to know her name.

- Do you know what I like most about your paintings? - I heard the voice of a stranger and my hearing vibrated, absorbing every sound she uttered. “They convey the story of your heart.” All evening I came back to her today because she attracts me. Looking at her, I hear a plea.

- And what is the prayer for? She asked with interest, feeling how my whole being froze in anticipation.

“ Before I leave, I would like to show you my drawings.” I wanted to hear a professional judgment about them - only now my eyes noticed a drawing album in her hands. Silently watched as she passed it to me, timidly awaiting a verdict. The album page was once white, now it is painted in a heart, arrows and some flowers. By among the album flaunted an inscription with the name of the girl. My thoughts remembered him, "Son Chaeyeong."

From the first page of the album my breath caught and my heart first responded. I looked at the drawing, knowing full well that the next pages did not make sense to turn over, because I know what I will find there. The same that surrounds us now.

My eyes rose and met the same encouraging look from the girl.

“I'm sorry I took you so long, DaHyun,” she whispered in one breath.

“Nothing, you were worth the wait, Chaeyeong.”