Confectionery "Tofu"

DubChaeng Story

Confectionery "Tofu" was famous throughout the area for fresh pastries and a good attitude towards visitors. Always, whether in the early morning, they opened, the dawn outside the window barely rattled, or late in the evening, closed when the last rays of the sun disappeared beyond the horizon, they always met and saw off with a smile on their faces. A young girl was in charge of the pastry shop, dark brown hair set off the snow-white skin, with a deep gaze of dark brown eyes, and a beautiful broad smile on her lips . Whoever went into the store always left in a good mood, the girl charged them with energy until the very end of the day.

The girl's name was Kim DaHyun , she just graduated from the university as a pastry chef, returning to Seoul after a 5-year absence, because it took so long to study at the prestigious University of Los Angeles. She left Seoul right after school, because a letter came that she was accepted. The first days her father's money helped, but then she asked not to send them:

- I want to try on my own to continue to study here.

At first, the father refused to accept, but then, in time, retreated. In her first year of study, DaHyun found work in a small cafe on the outskirts of the city, became a waitress and part-time assistant chef. Thanks to this, she learned a lot and learned the recipes for the most interesting cake making. Conquered everyone with her kind smile and diligent work.

Reliable person.

It's nice to work with her.

Waiting for new heights in the confectionery business.

Invite when you come up with a new recipe.

These are the words that were written in her graduation album when presented at the ceremony.

She is now 2 4 years old and is considered the best pastry chef in Seoul.

The most reliable and in love with their work people work in her Tofu confectionery. She was not going to choose that, but it turned out that some girls worked. Someone came here because of love and art:

- Cakes are not just dough and cream, this is a whole art of sweets - when she hired, the girl answered, then she had short brown hair and she was 1 cm lower than the hostess.

The girl's name was Son Chaeyoung , and she was the first to respond to the ad.

Chaeyoung took the hours of the afternoon and until the evening.

Everything is connected with the university.

22 years old.

Everything was falling out of her hands, the dough didn’t want to knead, instead of sugar she put salt all the time, and worst of all, her finished cake fell several times. Well, if he had fallen in the kitchen, no, usually he would have fallen when the buyer came to pick it up.

- Probably, I am not fit to be here - the girl repented, repenting, about to leave after another failure, but DaHyun always gently took her by the wrist, stopped her, gently met her sad look:

“I didn’t succeed right away either, they scolded me many times, and I also tried to leave many times, but you know what the chef I worked for told me. He told me: Do not give up! I believe you will succeed. And I'm still waiting for your picture, Chaeyoung .

The next one who came by the announcement was a girl who had just arrived from Japan, she brought her friends with her. DaHyun began to call them " J - line " and they were responsible for service, delivery. Male, male, and Sana, Momo, and Mina fell in love with them; very often the neighbors of the Tofu confectionery heard serenades in honor of them. In life, they go in for dancing, and someday want to fulfill their dream of performing on stage with their choreography. Sana - 26 years old, Momo - 27 years old, Mina - 25 years old.

After them comes an old school friend, the headman of the Jihyo class , she just came to look with one eye and stayed. She took patronage over the apprentices , leads them and thinks out how to improve the menu of the confectionery.

She met Jeongyeon by chance when she passed by, and they collided with each other. Foreheads. And Jeongyeon had a firmer forehead than hers , so Jeongyeon had to treat her by bringing him to his house. There, DaHyun found out that the girl is fond of baking . Having served delicious bread and tasted the most delicious coffee, DaHyun offered her a job.

- Why disappear to a confectioner like you? Come, do not regret it.

Among all the workers, she was the oldest - 28 years old. That is, until Nayeon came , with her individual proposal, how to create from a simple confectionery to the most famous. She was responsible for marketing and sales. Nayeon is the oldest employee, she is 29 years old.

And finally, Tzuyu . The youngest of the workers, she came not long ago, but she did an excellent job. It was her bright and welcoming smile that first greeted customers until DaHyun left the kitchen and set to work.

Tzuyu - 21 years old. And she is from Taiwan, where her parents also had their own candy store. Tzuyu shared many different recipes that many visitors liked .

Cheerful and friendly team. They have been working together for a year and a half.

***

The morning for Kim DaHyun did not start as usual. All night she dreamed about cakes dancing on a white cloud, she wanted to catch them to attach to the top of her new cake, but they scattered cheerfully in different directions. Therefore, I woke up with a migraine. After drinking hot coffee, pouring milk into a bowl for her cat, she packed up and left the house.

Again the beginning of the working day.

I could not sleep all night, I was spinning, spinning, and all because of the fact that old friends called her last night and asked her to create something amazing. They provided meager information on why they needed a cake, so I had to invent it from the sky. She began to write down her thoughts on paper, scribbled, tore and threw away unnecessary parts. In the end, I realized that without the help of Chaeyoung you can not do here. This girl perfectly understood what she thought she wanted to bring to life. All she had to say was how the general picture loomed from under her pencil.

But the whole point was that Chaeyoung wouldn’t be until the evening, and the order would torment her until she was crazy. Therefore, as soon as I got angry, DaHyun opened her confectionery, began to knead the dough, hoping that she could cope without the help of the girl. Soon the kitchen was filled with its employees, kneading the dough, picking up flavoring ingredients. The first visitors and buyers went.

DaHyun suffered, she was harassed by the order of friends. Her eyes constantly watched the clock until Nayeon noticed and said:

- If you need Chaeyoung so much , then go to her.

- Exactly, I will do so! Thank you, Nayeon - unnie - without hesitation, I immediately left the pastry shop, not hearing the voices calling her behind her.

“Why did you give her such advice, Nayeon !” - lightly struck on the shoulder, said Jihyo , glancing at how their chef turns to the green light the pedestrian road in an apron and with a cap. On her happy face are spots of flour, her palms smeared with flour and droplets of dried dough. On the feet instead of shoes are snow-white slippers, and the hair is not combed. - God, and for whom I only work! - she put her hand to her forehead, turning away from the window, and returning to the kitchen, where cars were buzzing full, people were quietly talking.

“If I hadn’t said, someone else would have said - going after her friend, said Nayeon .” - She does not find a place for herself in the morning.

“Maybe we could help,” the dark-haired girl did not give up her position, going up to one guy and helping him stir.

“Oh, Jihyo , you yourself know if something has already occurred to our Tofu ...”

“Yes, yes, I know,” she dismissed, sighing. “Okay, wait until she gets back.”

***

DaHyun waited for the bus, got into it, having paid the required amount, got up in the cabin holding on to the handrails. Her thoughts were completely in a different place, so she did not notice that people somehow looked at her strangely. Some of the older people even hide a smile. She examined herself and smiled shyly:

- Hello.

- DaHyun , you're going to university again, right? They asked her, she nodded.

- Yes, behind the sketch - gently shaking off the flour from herself, she smiled at them.

“My son always comes to you for baking, and there’s always no praise for the taste.” Maybe you can give me a recipe, I’ll cook it for him as a birthday present - asked the woman sitting opposite her. - While there is time to university.

- Why not? What kind of cakes did your son like? - kindly asked.

“It's called the Strawberry Heart,” the woman rejoiced, taking a piece of paper and a pen from her bag.

- Oh, it's just getting ready! - began to list the ingredients, and so with conversations she got to the university stop.

“Thanks for the recipe,” the woman thanked her as she got off the bus.

***

DaHyun confidently walked to the gate of the university, not paying attention to the strange looks from the students around her. Those who saw this coming not for the first time only laughed and whispered to each other:

" She came to Chaeyoung again ."

DaHyun scratched her head, remembering where to go. The last time she came here about a month ago, and then she was lucky, Chaeyoung then just left the building.

10 minutes later.

Apparently, today fate decided to make her happy, sending in the sunlight a blond angel walking along the path leading to the exit from the university. This tall girl was familiar to DaHyun , only she did not remember the name. Trying to remember the name along the way, DaHyun accelerated her step to catch up with the girl. When finally her legs caught up with her, DaHyun put her hand on her shoulder and said:

- Hello.

The girl turned and looked at a broad smile, she also smiled:

- DaHyun - unnie , you forgot my name again, right?

- Uh - shyly smiled guilty, lowering her head down. - Sorry.

- It's okay, just the next time please remember, otherwise I’ll be offended - the girl laughed, turning completely to DaHyun . “You look cool as usual when you go on a date with Chaengie .”

- Da - ta ? - stuttering, blushed thickly. “We are not dating.” She is my worker!

- Yes of course. I, Lalalissa , will show you the path to your love - theatrically showed somewhere forward, the girl said. - Come on, future sister-in-law! - took by the arm and quickly dragged back to the building.

DaHyun did not argue, just let herself drag herself.

After a few minutes circling the hull, Lalalissa finally stopped and pointed to a small building, with the top inscription: “Faculty of Art”:

“Here, your beloved, go and take her - then she pushed me in the back and ran away, internally rejoicing,“ DubChaeng is real! ”

“Somehow she’s strange,” sighing, DaHyun went in the indicated direction.

Entering inside she was met by the smell of paint, paintings of various sizes, standing under the wall, easels and chairs stood in the same place. In the classroom, someone quietly drank, simplifying the silence with his voice. By buzz, DaHyun determined that Chaeyoung was in the room . Cautiously approached, so as not to interfere, if the girl draws, leaned on the jamb of the opening, looked inside the classroom.

Yes, Chaeyoung was there.

DaHyun , as usual, admired her friend's profile. And there was something to admire. Today at Chaeyoung was casual wear, on top of which was thrown a dark blue apron, smeared already in spots of paint. The apron was large in itself, so on a short girl he dragged a little along the floor. And so that he would not wipe the stone floor, Chaeyoung came up with a roll of it, from below, securing it with tape and a stippler.

It turned out pretty cool.

The girl stabbed her short black hair upstairs, revealing the look of the dark-skinned skin of her neck with cute hair curly below. Behind the small ears were a brush and a pencil, beautiful eyes were hidden behind the horn glasses, which perfectly fit her.

Oh, my Chaeyoung is so pretty!

- Unnie ? DaHyun - unnie ? What are you doing here? - accidentally looked up, and saw her employer standing in the doorway. “And what are you wearing, ha ha ha, have you come so unnie ?” Aigu, ha ha ha ...

“Don't laugh, Chaeyoung, ” she pouted her lips, but she couldn’t help herself and joined the girl’s loud laugh.

- Wow, she laughed , unnie - wiping away her tears after laughing, exhaled Chaeyoung , coming closer to the girl. - So, you did not answer, DaHyun - unnie , what are you doing here? - a curiously I asked, tilting his head, biting his lower lip.

- I came to you. I need your help, but I couldn’t wait until the evening, I would plague not only myself, but the rest. Nayeon - unnie said to go to you, here I am - nervously gesturing with my hands, said DaHyun , leaning against the door jamb and not taking a step forward to enter the room. - New order, Chaeyoung ...

“And you have so many different ideas in your head that you think your brain will explode now, right?” Chaeyoung realized , taking another step toward the girl, and now being at arm's length. She raised her hand and pulled a pencil from her right ear, smiled. “Tell me your ideas, unnie , I'll draw them for you.”

- Yes! This is what I came for! I knew that you would understand me! - happily threw her hands up, dancing on the spot and finally taking a step into the room, following Chaeyoung , who went to the easel with a blank sheet, waiting to hear the first idea.

- So, let's begin to realize them ? - screwing up her eyes and concentrating fully on the future sketch, Chaeyoung asked .

DaHyun quickly nodded her head, smiling broadly, showing her eyes-smiles, which so attracted and distracted attention. In the case of a concentrated Chaeyoung - distracted. Listening to DaHyun's enthusiastic speech that excitedly talked about ideas, Chaeyoung painstakingly scribbled a blank sheet with a pencil, trying to depict what she saw, but nothing came out of her, because the laughing eyes completely distracted, taking away all the attention to herself than to the canvas .

What happened with me? Usually I could easily realize her thoughts, and now my thoughts are in a different place. I can’t concentrate while her eyes look at me like that. But I can’t say that she left? You can’t talk like that with my employer or with unnie either.

“Here, as I see it,” DaHyun finished as she exhaled , straightening her hair. - Now I’ll go back to the confectionery, so as not to interfere ...

“You don't bother me, unnie !”

“An artist needs freedom to create,” DaHyun simply said , moving away from the easel where Chaeyoung was held . “I will only press on you while I stand by my side.” I’ll be waiting for you in the confectionery - after a little silence, I asked. - When do the lectures end?

- My last lesson ends at one o'clock - looked at the wall clock, the hands showed only the beginning of 11 in the morning. “I promise to come right away, not to linger anywhere.”

“Fine, then we will.” I hope for you, Chaeyoung ! And I know that you can do it perfectly! Fighting ! - quite unexpectedly for her, DaHyun leaned over and kissed the unprotected cheek , which instantly covered with a blush. “You're so cute, Chaeyoung !” - I could not resist and again kissed the same cheek.

- Unnie ! - wiping the cheek with the back of the hand.

- See you later, Chaeyoung ! - DaHyun giggled , running out of the room.

- Eish this unnie - muttered under his breath Chaeyoung , touching his cheek, remembering the kiss. “At that rate, she will lead me to the grave.”

“I hope this grave is called the“ grave of love ”?” - a voice came out of nowhere, frightening Chaeyoung .

Clutching her heart, Chaeyoung looked at the speaker. Lalalissa stood beside her , smiling happily, her eyebrows arched upward, as if inquiring.

“She just kissed me!” There is nothing between us!

- Yes, of course, if there was nothing, then you would not sit here for 15 minutes and not touch your cheek with a dreamy expression on your face.

- 15 minutes? She asked in surprise, casting a glance at her watch. Exactly 15 minutes have passed. Wait ... - 15 minutes ?! I am late! - She jumped from her seat and began to pack quickly to rush to the lesson. - Why are you so calm?

“Just because our lesson has been canceled.” The teacher told the headman, and she handed it to us. So I was looking for you, Chaeng. Let's go play the arcade ? - suggested a smiling girl, hugging her by the shoulders.

- Sorry, I can’t, I need to be in the candy store. An important order is taking your hands off your shoulders, collecting everything, Chaeyoung said .

“Then, I’ll go with you, there’s still nothing to do until the evening.” And so, I can talk longer with DaHyun , find out something new about her, maybe invite me for a date.

- A date? What for?

- What do you mean why? Why do you think they still go on a date? - Lalalissa did not understand the question , squinting merrily when they went outside from a dark room. “My dear, if you don’t know, then you go on dates in order to get to know a person better”, the girl said importantly, covering her eyes with her palm, looking back at her frowning girlfriend. - Why did you hang your nose? She snapped her nose, she laughed. “If you don't like it, invite her before me.”

“I ... don't ... I don't need to go on a date with her,” Chaeyoung said , not meeting her friend’s eyes.

- Oh, so-о, then it’s not necessary, right ? - teased Lalalissa , completely blocking the path of a little girl, hanging over her. “So that's the note you are on, right?” Still, I knew DubChaeng exist! Hurrah!!!

“Oh god,” she slapped her forehead, looking at how her friend was having fun, “and why am I only friends with you?”