Stopwatch -1

DubChaeng Story

Tick-Tack. Tick-Tick. Tick ...
The coach stopped the stopwatch and looked at the breathless runner, scratched his head and said:
- You still need to train. With such a time, we won’t win the relay. We have put a lot on you. Therefore, 10 laps in the stadium. Run, march!
“But, coach, I can’t take it anymore,” the girl answered breathlessly, wiping her sweaty forehead with the edge of a sports shirt. “A couple of minutes to rest, please.”
- Start with 5 laps, then rest 10 minutes and 5 more.
The girl only had to obey. Taking a sip of water from the bottle that was on the bench, the girl released her golden hair, shook it a couple of times, took an elastic band and again tied it in a tight tail, completely removing it from her face. After checking myself, making sure that the laces were not untied, I went to the treadmill, got into a pose and began to wait for the whistle, indicating the start for running.
The sun burned unbearably that day, the breeze that gently swayed the tops of the trees was not felt here below. There was still a lot of time until a cool evening, because now the clock showed only noon.
The field that she had to run around took about an hour and a half, and when you consider that she needs to do 10 laps, she will just finish when the sun sets over the horizon.
Her friends will already be at home, no one will wait for her, because she herself said that they would not wait.
And who pulled her hand up during the distribution of sports opportunities for the relay race between schools? Why did she decide to boast that she loves running and once, even in elementary school, she took first places? Before whom did she want to show off? Although, she knew the answer, for whom she tried so hard. And knowing the answer, she, clenching her teeth, fled.

Tick-Tack Tick-Tack. Tick…
Propping her chin with her left hand, the girl wearily looked out the window at the sports field where her friend was running. She sat in the classroom, waiting for the training to end. The class was empty and so she was bored. Many times she thought to take things and go home. But she stopped. Sighed. I sat down in place. The clock over the blackboard slowly beat time.
- There are still 6 laps. Maybe do homework? Make for yourself and for her? Yes, I will. Then there will be more time for the two of us - with these words the girl is all over the top, embarrassedly jerking from side to side. - What am I talking about? Together? Me and her? No, no, no. This is not what I thought about - a black-haired girl waved to an invisible interlocutor. - We are friends, and friends spend a lot of time together. We are friends and we can safely be near each other. Together ... Ha ha ha ... Together ... Oh dear, I need to calm down, not to show my emotions in front of her. Then you won’t get rid of questions. My girlfriend is too worried about me.

Tick-Tack. Tick-Tack. Tik…
The clock hand stopped at 17:10pm, and the running girl almost fell in front of the coach, ending her 10th lap.

Tick-Tack. Tick-Tack. Tick…
The girl in the classroom quickly gathered notebooks and pens into a bag, threw her shoulder over her shoulder, checked if the windows were closed, turned off the light, closed the door with a key, and quickly went downstairs. I gave the key to the guard, smiled at him with my eyes, said she had finished, ran out of school and quickly went towards the sports ground.
She ran in time, just the coach said goodbye to her friend:
- Tomorrow we will repeat. Three more days before the relay and in these three days you have to give everything out. We must defeat the record of last year, show everyone that our school is better. Go relax, see you tomorrow.
“I can only come after school, coach.”
- No, no, immediately to me. I agreed with the director that you are under my command. Then you will catch up with your class, but for now all your thoughts should be about the relay race and winning. Carefully get home.
- I went, coach.

Tick-Tack. Knock-Knock. Tick-Tack. Tick ...
“What are you doing here, Chaeyoung?”
Tick-so. Knock-Knock. Tick-so. Knock Knock…
- Waiting for you, Dahyun-unnie.