What is its strength?

DubChaeng Story

I don’t know if her eyes are strong or she feels that she is next to me, but when I look at her, I calm down.

It has always been this way, since the internship at the company, when we were united by only one dream - to debut someday.

We immediately found a common language, maybe this was also hindered by the fact that we studied at the same school. She is younger than me, but still there was a feeling that we were equal, united. In a short time we became best friends, she understood me without words. My faithful friend.

When it came time to make a choice - to participate in a reality show for survival, the prize of which was the mystical word "debut", we, without saying a word, filed an application and we were chosen from many applicants. Although, to be honest, I was not sure whether to accept the application, because I understood perfectly well that they might not choose me. Here, in addition to appearance, you also need talent, a strange dance of the "eagle" or playing the piano does not count. The director looked at talent in singing, dancing and the ability to lead on stage. Yes, I doubted, was nervous, my hands were shaking, holding a piece of paper. She came to me, just sat next to me, smiling at me, she said:

“I want to debut with you, DaHyun-unnie.”

I don’t know if there were her words, or how she looked at me with her dark eyes, but something gave me confidence, and I applied for participation.

“I'll take it, unnie, will you wait for me?” Let's go home together.

“Of course,” I replied, resting my head on the table and watching her skipping out of the room.

What power does she have that every time she takes my heart with her when she leaves and returns it when she comes back?

I don’t know, but without it it became so dreary and the eyes themselves began to stick together until they completely closed, taking my loneliness into the void of sleep. Woke up from a gentle of the head. Opening her eyes, she met her loving look, which was looking carefully at me, very close to me. My personal border has long been destroyed by the childish charms of a sweet child, I have long been used to seeing it so close to me.

“Wake up, Unnie, let's go home - carefully exposing her shoulder, she allowed me to lean on her, still gently her head.” “I'm sorry I was detained for so long - her hand dropped to my cheek, and stopped there for a while, just lying down.

We inextricably looked into each other's eyes, talking silently, until we were interrupted by a quiet cough. Tzuyu, another friend of mine, another weakness of mine, a girl from another country, whom she and I took under our wing and were not allowed to offend anyone. It is difficult to read the emotions that she is experiencing from her face, but we found ways to understand.

“Unnie, I'm sorry to be late, we just couldn't get free earlier.” Now we are free and ready to go - she came and stood on the left side of me, also having acquired me, she went to the exit.

“Don’t worry, Tzuyu, and thank you, I’m really tired today — I never liked to show slack in front of them, but they always managed to outwit me.”

I really don’t know how powerful they are, why every time in such difficult cases they know how to cheer me up, how to approach me? Instead of comforting them, taking their pain to themselves, most often the opposite happens. They take care of me more often, listen to my cry, hug me and soothe me with gentle words.

Honestly, at such moments I dissolve in them.

Our hostel was not far from the company, we were temporarily settled there while we participated in the show. Tzuyu was on the other team, like Chaeyeong, but they were always waiting for me when I finished my training and always went to see me off.

- We do not see each other often, so you need to take care of any minutes.

Yes, Chaeyeong was right about that. We saw each other very rarely, only in those minutes when intensive training came to prepare for the task. Or during a Sunday show. We were not allowed to call back or chat. I missed them, I missed her terribly. But, when we managed to meet, I always said:

- Everything is fine, we will still have a whole life for our meetings. We will all fall into a group and debut!

She spoke in something that she did not believe in, because every time I was scolded and asked to change, to become a different person. The director’s words entered my brain, poisoned me from the inside, and in order to prove him wrong, I fought for the place as I could. But the closer the final came, the less confidence remained in me. I stopped believing in my debut. I had zero talent, I was in a hurry. Do people like a cheerful girl with pale skin, who has neither voice nor flexibility ...

- Stop it, stop thinking, DaHyun-unnie! Please stop harassing yourself. You are interesting for people, they will choose you, because you are the brightest person I know. So please believe in yourself, as I believe!

Again this appealing look, lurking in itself the power to persuade.

Again her voice, which always finds words.

Her kindness and love, I’m just not worthy to be called her friend.

“I'm sorry you have to see me like that, Chaeyeong.”

“Promise me to believe my words, DaHyun-unnie.” Promise us to debut together!

“What kind of child are you?” Ruffled her hair, hugged her tightly. - Don’t cry, I won’t get anywhere from you. Our friendship is forever.

- Promise!

“I promise, silly girl, stop crying.”

When they called my name, I thought I would faint while I was walking in the middle of the stage, picking up a microphone and waiting for a word from the director. I did not dare, turn around, I could not decide and look into the eyes of the one whom I might now leave forever. Up to this point, everything seemed not a real dream, which was becoming a reality. Perhaps now the director will say that she did not pass.

- Congratulations, DaHyun-si, you're at TWICE! - my tears drowned out the noise of the crowd, which joyfully shouted my name.

- Kim Dahyun! Kim Dahyun! - I could not believe my ears.

I am…

“See, you believed in my words, unnie, and now we're together.”

I really don’t know what her strength lies in, but I know for sure that I will always follow her.

I am where I should be.

I am where my heart should be.

Near the one who always believes in me.