DaHyun's secret

DubChaeng Story

The video uploaded quickly, she sat with bated breath and waited for her to see and, most importantly, to live hear the voice of her bias. At first a dark screen appeared, then a wide smile, beautiful lines of eyebrows, nose bridge, nose, and finally her beautiful eyes.

- Hi, I'm TWICE's DaHyun. Surprised? Yes, I decided to do a little broadcast. Wow, I didn’t have time to say hello, how many so many people gathered. Hello, hello, come in. Why did I decide to broadcast? Missed you - sent a heart, funny eyes closed. “And I also wanted to explain something to you.” And it's possible to give a little spoiler. Ha ha ha, no, no, something that concerns only me...

 

When I get nervous, smile, or straighten my hair all the time. When we wait for our appearance on the stage, and if there is a piano in the company, I always sit down for it and start playing tunes. Music helps me relax. Sometimes girls join me, listen or sing. But basically, I'm sitting alone.

Yesterday, after the showcase, a fan asked me:

- Have I ever composed lyrics for the TWICE album ?

Yes, the pure truth. Never. I can’t compose beautiful melodies, or lyrics, I can only play the music that was already written by other artists on the piano. If you ask me:

- Do I want my melody to be in the album?

I will answer without hesitation:

- I'd be happy.

But you cannot compose by force, then the very essence of the melody disappears. Music should come from the very heart, so that later the one who will listen to it, experiences with the composer.

Do you want me to tell you honestly? Only shh, no one knows about it, not even members. I haven’t told anyone until this is my biggest secret.

And Chaeyeong, perhaps you ask? No, and she does not know.

I tell you a secret.

The little spoiler is soulful.

Few? Ha ha ha, you know me, for a long time I can’t keep secrets from you, my dear Once .

Anything else to say? Okay, I’ll say a little to warm up your curiosity - for a loved one.

How fast the questions rushed, Once . No, I will not tell you. That's it, shh ... We agreed with you!

You yourself will guess soon.

***

The once girl, who was sitting behind the laptop screen, fidgeted on the seat, closing the site on which the broadcast with Kim DaHyun had ended a minute ago. Holding her palm against her right cheek, she tapped her fingers on the table, reflecting on what she heard from DaHyun. Many questions revolved in thoughts, but the main one supplanted :

Will Tofu have a solo song? When? In the next album or at a concert to be held in December? She seemed to have mentioned a fanning . And what kind of “beloved person” is this?!

***

Chaeyeong, who watched DaHyun’s broadcast, asked the same question . Mina, who was sitting nearby, had some idea what such a spoiler from Dubu could mean , but she was silent, watching with interest the reaction of the youngest tiger cub. She waited for Chaeyeong to turn to her and ask with a puzzled look:

“Did you hear something about this, Mina unnie?”

- No. This is the first time I hear - Mina answered with a shrug.

“When she arrives, I'll ask her,” said Chaeyeong, already typing the text message on Dahyun's phone.

***

As I thought, intrigue is the best way to get the attention of a best friend that you sent such a strange message:

"Who?"

This SMS confirmed that she watched my broadcast. I answered in her style:

"Smiley emoticon".

Instantly came:

"Say" and the sign of "prayer."

" Emoticon showing language."

“Unnie!” And the sign “TT”.

“Wait, and you'll find out soon.”

“But I want to know now. It's me, you always tell me everything. ”

I quickly found what I was looking for, uploaded the gif, and sent Chaeyeong. Then she left the network and began to prepare for the upcoming performance.

***

Chaeyeong looked at the gif sent by DaHyun- unnie for a long time , trying to understand what she really means.

Gif :

A short video where DaHyun shows the main movement in their TT song.

***

Nayeon and Jeongyeon are the first to find the hidden DaHyun. The two of them hear the piano, then they see their heads bowed and their shoulders tense. They approach her, making as much noise as possible so as not to frighten the girl who has plunged into the melody. Nayeon stands next to DaHyun, a quiet smile on his lips, puts his hand on the girl’s shoulder.

Jeongyeon stands opposite them, at the piano, puts his elbows on a smooth surface, begins to sing along a familiar motive:

“Nayeon-unnie, please sing - they hear a request from Dahyun, Nayeon agrees, beginning to timidly sing along.

Idyll.

It ends when the last chords of the song sound.

They don’t ask anything, a loving smile shines on their faces. They both leave when DaHyun starts playing another motive. Their mission is completed - they gave what is now more necessary for their maknae, confidence.

***

After the performance, JiHyo sat next to DaHyun in the backseat, thereby fencing her off from Chaeyeong, trying to take a seat there. Seeing the leader, the girl was a little confused, then she hesitantly smiled, sat down by the window. Momo and Sana also drove in the same car. The return trip home to the hostel was quiet and calm. Everyone wanted to take a break from talking, enjoy the silence.

JiHyo laid her head on her friend’s shoulder, took a deep breath. Quietly so that only DaHyun could hear, she said

- You can do this. When you're ready, I'm here.

DaHyun, who was looking at the city at that time, shyly nodded in response, making it clear that she had heard the words of the leader.

***

My members are the best. I knew that I could count on their silent support and love. Everyone, except curious Chaeyeong, is waiting for me to present my song and music for viewing. She is almost ready, it remains only to check the sound of my heart. The penultimate check, and then you can go to the producer, hear his opinion. It is even possible to surprise him. Perhaps he will accept her.

Once , I'm scared.

I am now looking at the night city from the window of the car that drove us home. On my shoulder is JiHyo's head, she clutching my palm in her hand in an encouraging manner. She is sleeping, and I do not disturb her.

My phone buzzes, informing me that a new message has arrived. I know from whom, my guesses are correct when I turn on the phone and read the text:

"I want to be the first to hear your song, unnie."

1 second.

“Sorry for my curiosity. I’ll try to be patient. ”

0.5 seconds

“You know me, onni.” The sign of "heart" and the sign of "hug".

No, Chaeyeong, you're wrong, I don't know you. If I knew, then I would not be so nervous. Only one thought that I have to show my new creation to you is horrifying.

I'm afraid of your reaction.

I am afraid of your answer .

Once , I'm really scared.

***

The scribbled sheet of paper lies in front of me, I peer at the notes, read them, my fingers silently beat out a melody that does not stop ringing in my head. I am ready and at the same time not. But I know that it’s better now to overcome your fears and just accept everything as it is.

The first who hears will be Chaeyeong, my best friend, almost a sister. That girl that makes my heart tremble. Will she understand who she is really talking about in the text. For whom this melody is written.

Once , you know my heart is better than me.

You guessed it before me. But you will not help me by playing instead of me.

***

My fingers touched the keys, taking a deep breath, I began to play my melody. The music was followed by my words:

My heart for a long time

it was full of clouds and raining,

so that a warm heart shines in it.

I sincerely hoped (that everything will change) ,

to hen raindrops wet my shoulders,

I was very afraid that they would dry out,

and I will remain alone.

You are like the light cleared after the rain.

You revived my heart, like that.

Because you are the light that has descended upon me.

You are too beautiful a dream.

Seven rays the whole world

painted with even greater beauty.

Yes, it's invariably you ...

( Song UR - kid-leader SNSD (OH! GG ) - Kim TaeYeon )

I awaited a reaction from the members with trepidation when I finished playing my song in front of them.

Yes, in front of them.

Yes, Once , I got scared. I could not play it only for Chaeyeong. My heart could not stand it.

You hear it loudly beat off blows. Knock knock ... knock knock bang!

“DaHyun, you ... that's fine,” I heard interrupted words from Sana. Turning to them, I met the eyes of full of tears, their admiration for what they heard.

- Truth? Did you like it?

- Highly. Well done, DaHyun - Momo hugged me, hugged me.

Then everyone surrounded me, hugged me , pressed me tightly. Someone whispered in my ear:

“She didn't get it, unnie.”

Only later, a little later, I realized who told me these words. Tzuyu, her look was sympathetic, a kind of sad smile. Why is our maknae sad? Why did all my members look sadly at me, when Chaeyeong, fraternally hugging his shoulders , asked :

“So who is your favorite?” Who is the song written for?

“You, the song is written for you - the words burst out of my mouth before I could come up with a safe answer.”

“Unnie, ” Chaeyeong said, not believing - well, tell me.

Yes, she didn’t understand.

Nayeon came to my aid first, laughing, hugged me from behind, winked:

“Admit it, Tofu, you wrote it to me, right?” Am I your favorite person?

“No, I'm jokingly dragging Nayeon aside, taking her place,” Sana said. “Am I your favorite person in the world?”

“No, I, for sure, have made the cutest face,” JiHyo said.

- No, I ! - Jeongyeon.

- No, no, I! I am! - Momo, she even kissed her cheek to confirm the fact .

- Or maybe it's still me! - Mina, while blushing cute.

Only Tzuyu and Chaeyeong Yong did not scream this word, they silently watched the elder unnie compete in front of me , showing the strangest poses.

While they were fooling around, I was able to pull myself together, put on a smile again, hide the pain from misunderstanding. Therefore, when they shouted:

- Choose! “Waiting for my verdict, I did not hesitate to make a smart face, put my eyebrows together, as if in thought, concentrated, and said:

- I choose…

***

- I choose…

“Drum roll,” Nayeon whispered, everyone began to knock.

- ... Tzuyu! - The heart beating loudly in my ears did not drown out the name spoken by DaHyun.

- Hey! - everyone was indignant, including Chaeyeong. - Why Tzuyu?!

“Yes, why didn't you choose me?” - offended pouted lips Chaeyeong .

“ She's my favorite maknae,” DaHyun simply answered, smiling at the girls.

- I always thought that it was me - only Tzuyu, who was nearby, heard her words, DaHyun didn’t hear them, just after saying about her beloved poppy, all of them sounded with one voice.

***

Later the producer heard my demo, he was impressed by my song.

- Nothing needs to be changed. I like absolutely everything that sounds. What will we do, DaHyun? Leave this song until the next album or ...

“I promised once , Director.”

- Then you will perform solo at the concert, which will happen in December. Agree?

- Yes, it will be the best gift for the new year for them.

- I think so too. Then decided. We begin to prepare for your solo performance. And I mean not only your solo there, but also the video for your song.

- A clip? Only for me?! But I thought we all would sing it together.

“I wouldn’t change anything, DaHyun.” And JiHyo agrees.

“JiHyo-unnie ... did you talk to her?”

“Yes, and not only with her.” All the girls said as one. This song is only yours.

***

Once , will you be happy? Please be happy instead of me.

I want so much that thanks to my song you can find your love.

I would like so much that your recognition was understood and accepted. And you would not have to suffer from your own melody and text written for your beloved.

From tomorrow I will disappear on the set of the video.

All week I will not be with my girls.

All 7 days we will not be able to communicate with you, Once . But I hope you will forgive me when the day comes.

***

Day 1.

Dear diary, everything is somehow wrong without girls. There is no one to talk with, discuss my new image, eat, indulge.

But on the other hand - terribly exciting and delightful. It's like in a fairy tale.

Day 2

Dear diary, I don’t have enough energy to write something. Tomorrow, I promise, but sleep now.

Day 3

Diary, hi, this is Kim DaHyun, I'm sorry I can’t tell you anything today because I'm busy. What comes out is wow .

Day 4

Tofu is very tired, alarmed and nervous. Dubu misses the members.

Day 5

Fabulously.

Day 6

They ask me why I don’t communicate with girls, why I don’t call back with Chaeyeong, because I can freely do this. My answer is, the diary is easier for my heart.

Day 7

Everything is ready. Almost. There is the final touch. Tomorrow I will return to the real world. Tomorrow I will see the one I love again.

Once , I'm terribly nervous.

***

We have never been so separated from DaHyun for so long. There was once, during the show, but it lasted only 3 days. And we talked through Skype. And here all 7 days and without a call. DaHyun herself decided so, we partially understood her, but how hard it was without energetic Tofu. In less than an hour, the name “DaHyun” did not appear in our conversation.

We know that Chaeyeong, all the while repeating that she does not miss her, always scrolls the video with her participation or views photos. And for hours listening to her song, which she recorded during a performance. It seems to us that she begins to understand for whom the song was written. She got a strange expression on her face, we can’t make it out.

We counted the days when our DaHyun will return. We waited. And now this day has come.

***

And now this day has come, Once, I am back.

You missed me as much as I did, right?

I love you too.

And thanks for waiting so long.

Yes, my surprise is ready. You will like him.

I have to look forward to our concert. I really want to see your reaction.

Interestingly, will it be as loud as the members? Ha ha ha, no, no, no spoilers . Do not persuade me.

Wow, how many hearts you send to me. Okay, the answer is a loved one.

Oh, many here understood! Yes, wait for the concert. My surprise will be at the end of our performance.

That's it, I'm gone.

And you, too, be careful, and in no case do not get sick, take care of your health.

See you later. I love you, Once!

***

The performance I was afraid of should begin in 3 minutes and 20 seconds. That is how much the video clip goes with my video for the song “UR”. Now it should come as a surprise not only to Once , but also to my members. No one has seen him except me. He was not even shown at rehearsals.

“Finally we will see your clip, DaHyun - waiting for the video to begin,” said JiHyo. “You never said a word about him, we really waited for him, though, girls?” She turned to the others, who were looking forward to the start of the video.

- Yes, they were waiting very much - they all nodded in unison. - You was so secretive, even our ego has not helped.

“Will you watch with us, unnie?” - Chaeyeong asked, looking back at me, noticing that I had closed my eyes.

“I'm scared,” I admitted, still with my eyes closed. - What if nobody likes you?

“Come on, DaHyun-unnie, this cannot be,” Tzuyu dismissed, approaching me, hugging me on the shoulders. - Let's watch together.

“Shh, it starts,” she put a finger to her lips, Nayeon said, completely focusing on the video.

Chaeyeong was imperceptibly next to me, she stood to my left, her shoulder touched mine, and then I felt our fingers intertwine. I stopped trembling, somehow relaxed, opened my eyes and again, for the umpteenth time in recent days, began to watch my video.

***

The first piano sounds deafened the silent Once , expecting a surprise. The gentle melody of the piano connected with the strings of the violins, creating something romantic in the air.

The first frame: DaHyun sitting at the piano in a beautiful long snow-white dress. They show her fingers as they gently touch the keys, as if leading a conversation with them. A pale moon in a clear sky illuminates her profile, gently touching the rays of her curves of a slender body. Her light red hair curled, they were intertwined in silver threads. The moonbeam slowly, as if drawing a portrait from a girl, showed the audience dazzling white skin, regular facial features, stopping before the eyes, that at the moment when the audience heard the voice, they opened, and everyone was absorbed by the magic light emanating from them.

Once with bated breath they watched the next frame, in which they showed a distant male silhouette. He stood in the rays of sunlight, but no one saw his face. But they saw a beaming smile when a hurrying girl in a light white dress appeared on the horizon. Moonlight flashed through her hair. She ran to him and smiled awkwardly. He handed flowers to her, everything began to blur, until they again showed DaHyun's bowed head, playing the piano.

Her voice was bewitching, everything in it was magical. She seemed to have put in the soul itself when she sang, telling everyone her amazing love story.

The last shot - DaHyun stood in front of a microphone, an orchestra sat behind her, sunlight illuminated her smile, which gently touched her lips. Not the wide smile that Once used to see. Quiet and timid, loving. The last note went out along with her magical voice, showing the couple walking together.

***

- Kim Dahyun! Kim Dahyun! - chanted the hall, you are inviting the girl to the stage.

Most of them cried, not hiding their tears. Someone screamed, just screamed, thus trying to express their admiration. Someone just clapped their hands.

Her members still could not move away from what they saw. They first saw such a DaHyun.

“DaHyun-unnie - tears were heard in Tzuyu's voice, but she swallowed them, continued - this is delightful.”

Chaeyeong by her side could not utter a word. She just looked at her. And again that unreadable expression appeared. She became quiet, and all the time she looked in the direction of DaHyun. And all the time I was next to her. Not a step away.

***

After our concert, we Chaeyeong returned to his room once held the broadcast to fans and thanked them for coming to us. Everything would be fine if I hadn’t been so nervous next to my girlfriend. My Chaengi has changed, she has an expression on her face that I can’t recognize. This expression appeared after I returned home with a 7-day separation .

I must say that for me 7 days of separation did not bring anything good. Feelings toward Chaeyeong only intensified. She understood that she fell in love only after she hugged me tightly after returning and her lips gently touched my cheek.

Interestingly, now she understood who my song belonged to. And if yes, then Chaeyeong would reciprocate? Or would she reject and disgust run out of the room?

I would have been tormented with questions if I hadn’t heard Chaeyeong’s quiet voice (she sat halfway to me, interested in looking at her nails) :

DaHyun-unnie, is that your favorite person?”

***

Once , what do you think I answered?

Ha ha ha, how smart you are! I knew you were smart.

Once , be as happy and loved as I am!

I love you, Once!