You (POV Chaeyeong)

DubChaeng Story

An old bound book, there are so many interesting written words in it, but my eyes cannot read the lines, they are busy studying you, sitting opposite. You look so much like an aristocrat, with a straight back and pale skin.
***
Half-empty school corridor, we stand near the window and watch the game of football of our classmates. Honestly, I am not interested in this game, I just enjoy being with you. Our shoulders are touching.
***
The English lesson is almost over, the teacher begins to list the literature that we need to read before the next lesson. I listen to him in half, my attention is focused on the fair-haired girl, who is now focused on gnawing a pencil.
***
We are on duty today in the classroom. I am silent, you say. Your voice is like magic in my heart. You laugh, I smile back. It's fun with you.
***
It is raining, gloomy clouds overhead, lightning sparkle in the sky. I stand under the school roof and look at the drops gathering in puddles on the pavement. The umbrella stayed at home. I do not know what to do. It remains only to wait until it calms down a little.
I listen to music, as sad as the rain in front of me.
***
- Chae, hey Chaengi - someone persistently called me.
I open my eyes and look at the caller. It is you, my savior. You hold an open umbrella and smile at me.
“Come on, let's go, I'll see you off,” you called, and I went, smiling silently. “You're so silent, Chaeng.” Tell me about your day? You and I have not seen today.
It's true. Therefore, the whole day seemed so sad and empty.
“What did you do, onnie?” - I ask myself how to answer questions.
- Yes, practically nothing. I was bored, because I didn’t have my “bro” with me - you just said, looking at me.
Yes, we are best friends, closer to fraternal understanding than sisterly. My partner.
***
- Let's go on a date this Saturday? - you asked, stopping near the bus stop. My heart sang joyfully and my cheeks were painted in an embarrassed color.
- Where will we meet? - My dimples became more apparent when I smiled broadly in response.
- I know your address, I'll come after you around 10, okay? - you asked, folding an umbrella. I only nodded my head in agreement when the bus I needed pulled up. - When you come, be sure to write to me, Chaeyeong - you asked, and I just nodded again, climbing inside the bus, sitting in an empty seat, near the window, and waving her goodbye.
Now the rain didn’t seem so sad to me. And the day did not seem so empty.
***
Our day.
I was waiting for you, ready, in my room. I looked at my watch all the time.
On the clock hands.
Time has become unbearable for me. How slowly it went. I was all nervous when the time finally arrived.
10 a.m. You haven't rang the doorbell yet, and I already opened them. My lips parted into the biggest smile, showing dimples on my cheeks. You looked beautiful. You were like a princess from a fairy tale, although without a silk dress to the ground. Jeans, a dark T-shirt and sneakers. Your golden hair is carelessly tied in a ponytail, revealing to my eyes a delicate pale skin.
- Come on? - And the first turned and went.
You were amazing.
***
Our day. He was amazing and so simple. We did everything we wanted. We walked and laughed, enjoying a warm day. I was so happy.
***
Our evening.
We were near the largest slide that exists in our amusement park.
“DaHyun-ni, let's go, let's go, it will be fun,” I called, dragging along. You denied, pinched and did everything to move away from him. My cowardly onni. - I will be with you, even hold by the hand. I promise I won’t let you go. Come on and ...
- You promise? You asked boldly, although I saw you tremble.
- Hold the hand? Of course - I nodded enthusiastically, confident in my victory.
“Then let's go,” you agreed, clutching my hand tightly.
For the entire time of our “flight” you did not look, you closed your eyes and drank something under your breath.
I was so happy. You're near. I laughed out loud, screamed and held her hand tight.
***
Our evening.
We walked home on foot. You insisted, I didn’t mind. Quiet evening, starry sky, we were silent. Your palm is still in my hand. Your head rested on my shoulder, your eyes looked at me. I knew you were watching. I also wanted to take a look, but the courage disappeared somewhere.
It was so easy and good.
“We need to repeat our date,” you suggested in a whisper.
I silently agreed.