°CHAPTER 20°

Of Love & Promises (사랑과 약속의
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 20 [/CONTENTID1] 

[CONTENTID2] 29 June 2018[/CONTENTID2] 
 

[CONTENTID3] "Jae, i'm still not convinced. Let me send you there next week, okie?" Jongin eyes is on you, pleading you to let him help you. You're taking train to Suwon next week. Even it is totally safe, Jongin couldn't stop from worrying. Its not that you are moving out of alone.

"It's fine really. I've already found an apartment there. So, I will directly enter my new place once I arrive, okay. No need to worry!" You carry the box you just taped in your arms. "Now, move!" You have basicly done packing up most of your stuff into boxes. It's not much to pack at the first place, mostly clothes. This weekend the moving contractor will come and get the boxes and furniture. He didn't say anything more but pouting at you as he stepped aside.  Jongin's aegyo never failed to get you, except this time. You won't give in.

All this time, you had burden him so much. Even he is okay with it, you are not. Currently, he is packed with multiple schedules per day and he still make time to drop by your house each day. Most of the time the guy would fall asleep just as he crash on the couch. You try to drag him to bed but he don't want to and proceed to snore on the couch despite how uncomfortable it looks. 
 

"Nu uh!" He whines, trying hard to convince you. Right after, his phone rings and he answer it right away.

"What's up, Baek." His tone is very chirpy then the next second his face hardens as Baek speaks. Anyone could tell something's up. This makes you feel uneasy, so you rubbed your chest to calm yourself down.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." The call ended, Jongin look at you. Putting both of his hands on your shoulder, he hesistates to tell you, afraid you might freak out. He has to anyway. Taking a deep breathe he speaks.

"Jae, Sehun is hospitalized."

"What! W-why?" You shrieked immediately. You bestfriend hold on you tighten.

"H-he was stabbed." He could not help but look away. Honestly, he was scared too. It makes you shudder as you process the news. Your stomach dropped and you are about to cry. Jongin engulfed you into a hug, rubbing your back.

"I'll be back. Stay here, okay?" Taking his car keys and coat he's ready to leave. You stop him and he look at you in wonder.

"Can I go too?"
 

......

 

Both of you are running to the emergency room as you arrived at the hospital. With every steps you take, you can feel your heartbeat pulse painfully.

Sehun, please be okay, you keep chanting in your mind.

As you saw the door of the emergency room, you stopped. Jongin turn around glancing at you.

"Go on. I'll stay here." You don't want to cause a scene. Meeting Mrs Oh and Irene will just making things worse. Jongin just nod, he understands.
 

"I'll update you. Wait here, okay." You hummed in reply and watch your friend rush away.

 

Is Sehun going to be fine? He wouldn't leave will he?
 

"I want to walk with our son through each milestones in his life." 

"Woa, look he's kicking hard, must have heard you!" You smile while caressing your baby bump.

"Yes, daddy will always be you and your mommy guardian!" Sehun kisses your bulging tummy with affection.
 

You are oblivious to the tears that already falling carelessly. You misses him so much that no tears can be spared anymore. If he left, what would there be for you?

At least he should stay with Jihoon.
 

How mean he is to leave now, when you're learning to forget him?

"I will always love you, my love" 

Again you are stuck in memories, hours past just like that.

After 5 hours of waiting, the door finally opens. Out of reflex, you stand up wanting to hear the doctor. No. 

Don't, Jaein. You remind yourself.

You return to the seat behind the wall that hides you from the others. Still, you can't help to peek. Everyone is there. Mrs. Oh, Baekhyun, Jongin, Jihoon and Irene too. You are the only one hiding in anticipation.

...
 

"Jae.." Baekhyun sits in front of you. He scans your face. Swollen red teary eyes. You must have cried so much to look like this.

"Sehun is stable now. He did loss a lot of blood. Thank god, no organs were badly injured. We'll just need to wait till he regain his consciousness."  Knowing Sehun is battling for his life, it's heartbreaking. Despite everything he did to hurt you, you don't want him to get hurt too.

Baekhyun calls your name as you space out for too long. Not making

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter