Taeyeon III - Beginning

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My hands felt so sweaty. My heart was pounding so fast.  My breathing has been uneven ever since I arrived here. Here. Right in front of the fountain inside the mall where Jessica and I are supposed to meet. Actually, I am not right exactly in front of it. But, instead, I am just hiding behind one of the pillars near it.

I am thirty minutes early at our agreed time. It has been fifteen minutes passed, though.

Drat, Kim Taeyeon. Calm yourself down. You still got fifteen minutes left before you can stop this stupidity and relax. Calm, man. Calm!

I sighed.

No matter how many times I talk to myself, this never worked. I am still as nervous as ever.

It was unexpected, however, Jessica has arrived. She's fifteen minutes early for our date. Damn. I never expected that. I should have stood there at the front instead. Now, she'll think I'm late.

I sighed again.

Such a bad sign. I bet she will be disappointed at me.

Now, I am freaking sweating hard. It's like bullets of sweat suddenly appeared on my face.

I think. I think I am getting a heart attack.

"Taeyeon?"

"Whoa!" I screamed from the calling. I happened to panic and had my self stumble on the floor. Our eyes met. She looked so... confused? Ridiculed? I don't know. I am not really sure.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Y-yeah. I- I am okay." I nervously responded. Clumsily as I always am, I stood up. I avoided her gaze.

"Are you really okay?" She reached for my forearm. Her touch had me shivered. My heart pounded harder.

She then redirected the topic as she removed her hold of me, "Have you been here for so long? Sorry, I'm late."

"No!" I shouted. Drat. Why did I shout? "I- I mean, no. You're not late. I am just so early."

She giggled, "Okay."

"Y-you, uhmm. Y-you---" I happened to become mute. It was only the time that I finally get to stare at her face.

I got lost.  I was completely drawn to her beauty. She... How could she exist?

"Taeyeon?" she called again. "What's wrong?"

"Y-you..." I took a deep breath to gather my courage. "You look so beautiful."

A pretty smile drew on her face. She looked away shyly and her cheeks blushed lightly. "Thanks."

"H-here." I forwarded the bouquet I was hiding from behind. It was only then that I realized it was destroyed from my fall earlier.

Damn it.

"I-- I'm sorry it's ruined."

She giggled cutely then took it. "Thanks." She stared at the flowers. "I like it. Thanks for the flowers. How nice of you."

"Y-you're welcome."

Silence. Deadpan silence. 

What should I say?!

This is really getting really, really frustrating. I bet she's really bored with me now.

She suddenly laughed. She held it in quickly, though. "Sorry."

"W-why are you sorry?"

"It's just--" She laughed then held it back again. "Your face."

Damn it. What's wrong with my face?!

She laughed loudly again. Then, she calmed herself down.  She looked away shyly then giggled, "You just looked so cute when you do that."

Err- huh?

"W-what? What did I do?" I asked.

"Nothing." She looked at me and smiled prettily again. Damn, she's trying to melt me. She then redirected, "Anyway, uhmm...  So, what's up?"

Huh?

Oh.

Right.

The date.

"Do you wanna watch a movie with me?" I asked.

"What if I just want to watch a movie but not with you?" she asked back and now looking at me in a very, very serious manner.

Drat. Wh-what's that supposed to mean?

But, before I could even answer, she laughed loudly. She uttered, "Relax, I am just messing with you." She rested her free hand on my upper arm. "Stop acting stiff. Relax. I don't eat humans if that's what you are scared of."

"How can I relax? You look so damn beautiful. So perfect. While me? Look at me. I feel like I don't deserve this chance to date you. No, I don't really deserve a beautiful Goddess like you.  That's why I really just cannot relax. This is freaking so much for me. I don't want to screw this up because if I do, man, I think I wouldn't have a face to show the World anymore."

And she just stared at me.

Uh oh.

I...

DAMN IT! I NEVER MEANT TO SAY THOSE OUT LOUD!

"I'm sorry!" I quickly looked away. "I never really meant for you to hear all those awful things. I know you are so weirded out by me now. You can walk away. It's okay. I understand if you do."

I sighed.

With only just five minutes, I already ruined my chance.

"So, what movie do you have in mind to watch?" she asked.

I looked at her, confused, "So you're not weirded out by me? At all?"

"Well... I find you honest... and a bit blunt." She then chuckled. "That's kind of rare for guys nowadays."

Oh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter