[Arc 1: Prequel] Taeyeon I - Struck 

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My hands are shaking. My legs are trembling. I am indeed nervous. A few more steps and I am about to enter the place where I'm going to meet her, my date for the night.

I took a deep breath, calmed myself down. I need to act as normal as possible. Although, I am fully aware I am not that normal at all.

Since I was young, from six of age particularly, I suffered from an avoidant personality disorder. My condition was even aggravated by the death of my father, Kim Junsu, two years ago. So then, after his death, my mother, Kim Hwayoung, had me checked by a psychologist and was diagnosed officially only by the same year. Nonetheless, I guess I can say,  I am already recovering from the abnormality as I underwent multiple therapies for the past year.

It was hard for me at the beginning. I struggled so much in trying to make friends or even at least interact with other people. To be honest, I at it so much. The very bottom line is I tend to kill conversations all the time and it's mostly due to my dumb responses. It was just my one best friend, Kwon Yuri, who accepted me as his friend though. Yes, he's my only friend. Luckily, I have at least one.

But, with regards to having a girlfriend?

No, no. Impossible. So impossible.

My older sister, Dambi, always tries her best to help me out, however. She keeps on trying to set me up with different girls. Yet, in the end, all such dates fail. And this one, I say, will only be another addition to the list.


The security guard of the restaurant opened the door for me. I returned a bow to him. I looked around the place and searched for a woman in a blue dress. I made a few more steps forward. Then, a waiter bowed and greeted me, "Good evening, sir. What can I do for you?"

I answered, "I have a table reserved under the name Mr. Kim?"

"Yes, right this way, sir." he answered. I followed behind as he guided me. He stopped then gestured over the table, afterwards, bowed again and left.

My date was already there, seating the same as my direction. She has blonde straight hair and the way she seats clearly indicates her high social status. Clearly, I have no chance to a woman like her. So then, it seems, this will really be another fail blind date for me.

I gulped subconsciously and walked towards her. It's quite embarrassing, however, as I walked in a pretty much stiff manner. I then heard the lovers on the other table laughed at me. As a result of that little humiliation, I walked a little farther away from our table. How stupid of me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath again. Then, I turned to face her in a much stiffer way.

She didn't notice my presence yet as she was staring intently at her phone. Afterwards, her eyebrows furrowed. She started to swipe the screen then, she flashed a warm and nice smile.

She has a fairly white complexion and slightly slender figure. Her long blonde hair totally compliments her gorgeousness. Yet, it was her deep dark eyes that allures me the most. She is so pretty. No, beautiful is the better word. She is like an angel. No, Goddess will be more appropriate. 

I am right, nonetheless. A hundred percent sure, I have no chance to win the heart of this woman.

She finally noticed my presence. She looked back at me, obviously, in confusion. 

I greeted her in a stutter, "I-- I uhh-- good-- e--evening." Drat. I sound so dumb. I couldn't even greet in a proper way.

She continued to stare at me as if studying my eyes. Then, she chuckled and responded, "Good evening."

I heard her giggle as I sat down clumsily on the chair in front of her. Great, now, I think she finds me stupid already.

However, unexpectedly, she was smiling warmly at me. Well, at least, she found me amusing, I think? 

"I-- I'm sorry, I'm late. I… it's so rude of me to make you wait."

She didn't respond and just continued to stare.

"I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself." Nervously, I forwarded my hand to offer a shake, "I am Kim Taeyeon. I am Dambi-noona's younger brother."

"Okay???" she replied with her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. 

"Uhh-- you know, Dambi. Kim Dambi? The one that uhh-- arranged this?"

"Oh." she uttered and nodded lightly, still wearing a confused look. Then, she reached for my hand as she chuckled cutely. "My name's Jessica. Jessica Jung."

Jessica… what a beautiful name. It suits her so perfectly. 

"So, uhh-- what do you want for dinner?" Oops. Is that the proper question to ask? I indeed sounded as if we're just her mother or anything.

Again, she just stared at me in amusement. She's now smiling widely, flashing me her perfect and white teeth.

Drat. Idiot, Kim Taeyeon, idiot. I am completely ruining this date.

She finally responded in a tone of sarcasm, "So, are you gonna ask me what I want for breakfast and perhaps, lunch for tomorrow too?"

"Uhh-- Yeah? But, I guess I will ask you those after I ask what do you want for a midnight snack?"

She then laughed heartily. Then, she answered, "I'll take what you will order."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter