Yoong VII - Method

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just found out two months ago why Sooyoung befriended me right away. Yuri-hyung mentioned to him that I am a drummer on our first meeting. I didn't really get to pick up that clue. It turned out Sooyoung wanted to form a band, not a boyband but more of a rock band. 

We have an official band practice today again. Sooyoung rented this sophisticated rock band studio. The plan is I will be on drums, Yuri-hyung will be on guitars and Taeyeon-hyung will be on vocals. 

This may sound a bit gay but I tell you, I questioned my uality when I heard Taeyeon-hyung sang for the first time. I guess Yuri-hyung and Sooyoung feel the same way as me. 

I bet this could be Taeyeon-hyung's awesome way to woo girls. You know, nowadays, he's like making out and sleeping with girls around, left and right. I couldn't say if he's worse than I was before but damn hell... I saw him the other day heading to a motel with three girls. Three girls! Two was my limit, you know.

But yeah, I am now a changed man. I am no longer the playboy guy and is now committed to only one woman. There's no other woman in my heart and mind and soul except for my girl... my wife... my baby... err... I don't exactly know her name yet. But, I guess you all know who I am pertaining to.

That precious beauty I met at the rooftop two months ago. The one that looks like a living pretty Korean barbie, yes. The one that was blonde before back when I met her in the arcade but is now having dark hair. Yes, that one. That perfect one. She's such a Goddess, really. And so impossible to be true.

She's so freaking beautiful. She's very smart and witty too. Oh. Let's not go with her body. She's quite thin now and was probably due to her depression but still, you can see her curves. Such perfect living sculpture. Oh. And she seems to be so nice too and hardworking. She started working on a part-time job at a coffee shop downtown. See how precious she is?

Anyway, going back to our rock band, I only mentioned the three of us and that is for the reason that Sooyoung, until now, hasn't learned to play any musical instrument yet.


Right now, the three of us went on ahead to practice while waiting for Sooyoung to arrive. "I wonder if Sooyoung finally learned how to play an instrument." Taeyeon-hyung said.

"Are you seriously wondering, Taeyeon?" Yuri-hyung asked.

Then, the former grinned widely, "No. I'm not. I'm pretty sure he hasn't got to learn one yet." And we all three laughed.

Consider us mean but we just enjoy having this kind of conversation since, you know, that guy is such a bully. Sooyoung has been bossing us three around for a bunch of stuff he wants to do.

We started a couple of runs of rock songs from the seventies,  eighties and even the recent ones. My most favorite one was when we covered 'Always Somewhere' by Scorpions and 'The Mess I Made' by Parachute. Those were the songs that had me realize that the three of us can make it ourselves as a rock band.

Yuri-hyung is talented in playing the guitar. He only listens to the music first then afterwards, he could figure out the chords himself. Should I still mention Taeyeon-hyung? Yeah. He's too much freaking talented in singing. Performance-wise, you could feel his emotions too like he owned and wrote the song. It's like those songs were the ones he dedicated for that ex-girlfriend Yuri-hyung and Sooyoung said that he loved the most. Yes, that's how much you could feel the emotion from him whenever he sings.

As soon as we were done with another song run, Sooyoung finally arrived. "Alright! That's it! I quit!" he shouted as he had himself fallen on the couch.

"On what?" I asked.

"On this band."

"Okay." the three of us said. And we all happened to smile from it. Yes. We still have plans to continue this, with or without Sooyoung.

Well... He seemed to have seen through our happy faces.

"What the freaking hell?!" he shouted. "What are you guys smiling at?!"

Yuri-hyung then abruptly said, "It would be a waste of Taeyeon's talents as well as ours if we will not continue the rock band, Soo."

"You guys are going to do this without me?!" He stood up. "But, I am the one who formed this band!"

I butted, "Then, you should have exerted more effort to learn to play an instrument, Soo."

"Do you think I am not doing that already?!"

I then approached him and patted his shoulder. "It's alright, Soo. You can try some more. But, we insist on you to learn how to play bass guitar. We badly need one."

"I told you I don't freaking enjoy string instruments!"

"Or any at all?" Yuri-hyung teased.

"Shut up!"

"I got an idea." Taeyeon-hyung said then went to where he placed his bag. He pulled out maracas. "This. You just have to shake these and wolla. You're playing an instrument."

And the three of us almost rolled on the floor while laughing so hard. Yuri-hyung even added, "Don't screw that up too, Soo! You just have to shake those!" And yup. We are evil friends for laughing so hard at him right now.

"You midget!" Sooyoung shouted in so much rage. "You even brought that here just to piss me off?! You tease me as if you play an instrument, huh?!"

I butted, "But, he got a golden voice, Soo."

Taeyeon-hyung then proudly said, "If I'll be able to play an instrument, I'll be the God of rock then."

Yuri-hyung them said, "And we can't exactly have you as the vocalist instead, Soo. You have to admit, the three of us are so much inferior compared to Taeyeon when it comes to singing. He's the key to our success too. If we have him at the front, we'll get a bunch of fans right away. Meaning, more fame for us."

"And more money for you?" Taeyeon-hyung said.

"Yes. Greater money. I can stop on my part-time jobs eventually if we continue this." Then, he started to daydream. "And if we embark on a world tour, there could be a chance for me to, you know..." he chuckled.

"To meet her?" I asked.

"Yes."

"So, you're just going to use me, dude?" Taeyeon-hyung said. "What if that's the case, she fell in love with me instead since I am a freaking god of vocals?"

"Then, I'll date that ex-girlfriend of yours who you loved the most." 

"Nicely said!" I uttered and Yuri-hyung and I shared a high five.

"All of you are ungrateful friends." Sooyoung suddenly said. "I grouped us together. Without me, you three won't even become friends!"

Taeyeon-hyung snapped, "But, Yuri befriended me first. Then you, second, and Yoong as his third friend. Technically, Yuri bonded us together."

"Shut up! If you guys continue this band without me then it is friendship over!"

Yuri-hyung then sighed, "Alright. We won't."

"Good! Now, let's just eat. I'm starving." Then, he went out.

"Why???" Taeyeon-hyung and I said as we looked at him in disbelief.

"Would you guys actually wanna do this without Soo?"

"Well... It won't be nice if we do this without him." I said.

"Yeah. We should always be four." Taeyeon-hyung said. "Let's just wish that someday he'll be able to play something."

And yes. With that, the band was disbanded, even if there's really no band at all in the first place.

 

 


---

 

 


After a nice heavy mid-afternoon meal with the guys, I decided to head to my girl's place. I think she's been missing me today. I can sense it. It has been many days since we have last seen each other. We are only exchanging text messages throughout those days passed.

Yes. The last time was during our little arcade date. Oh and that kiss? It still lingers inside my brain and my heart. She kissed me back. She freaking kissed me back! It means she likes me too, right? Right? Come on. At least, give me some hopes here.


Anyway, I am currently driving to get to her place now. Coincidentally, though, I happened to see her walked out of a bus at a stop right in front of the cemetery. I parked my car on the opposite street.

I have not received any response all day from her. So then, it turned out she's just busy? I wonder why she's heading for the cemetery, though...

Right. Could be her mother.


I went out of my car and just decided to just spy on her first. However, before she gets inside the cemetery, a woman coming out of the place has halted her. Judging from the woman's looks, she seemed to be related to my girl. She's probably just a few years older than my girl too.

The woman started to shout at her madly and was even pushing her by the shoulder. I couldn't make it on time that, the woman has successfully pushed her down on the ground. My girl's now crying and sobbing so hard.

"Don't you dare set foot on this cemetery again or I'll kill you!"

"Unnie..." she cried.

"Stop calling me unnie, you murderer! I already disowned you as my sister so never call me that again or I'll kick you in the face!" She pushed her again. "Now, get out!" 

I rushed towards her. "Let's go." I whispered. I helped her stand up.

"Now, what's this?" the woman said. "You have a new man?!" She then mocked a laugh. "Are you really that much of a you couldn't survive without a man?!"

I could no longer take her insults. I decided to just walk my girl out of that place.

"Yeah! Go with your man, you ! Don't ever come back here!"

She kept on crying. "It's okay." I said. "Don't mind her, okay?" I guided her to take the passenger seat of my car. Then, quickly, I drove my car out of the place. She was so much in a break down throughout the whole time we traveled to her place.

 

 

 

---

 

 


She was still crying even if we have arrived at her unit. I took her to her bedroom. Right now, she's just sitting by the bedside and mumbling 'mom' as she sobbed.

It's almost dinner time that is why I decided to just order food for us. And throughout the time waiting for it, I just decided to clean up the apartment a little. Well, it's not that much dirty compared before. I was just dusting around. I couldn't just approach her right away when she's so much in her emotions. A few moments later, though, the delivery has arrived. What an express delivery... Now, what I'm gonna do next?

I sighed deeply.

I don't know... I don't know how to approach her.

Yoong. Come on. Do something.


Alright. This is it. I'm gonna get in.


"Hey." I uttered as I went inside her bedroom.

"Why are you still here?" she asked while still sobbing.

I sat beside her. "I want to give you space but... I just couldn't help myself not to leave you alone."

"I don't need you. Stop proving what my sister said to me. I don't need a man. I don't need anyone." she said.

"But, that's the thing..." I sighed deeply. "No one can survive alone."

She stopped from sobbing. She then looked at me.

"Anyone still needs someone to be at his or her side... whether a lover or not, a family or not, a friend or not, or even just a stranger. It's just human nature."

"..."

"It's normal. You don't have to feel bad about it."

Tears burst out from her eyes again. With that, I pulled her towards me. She buried her face on my chest and cried her heart out. I hugged her and caressed her hair as she continued mourning about her mom.

"It's okay. Just cry. Let it all out." I whispered to her ear. She wrapped her arms around me.

It was a long while before she finally recovered a bit from her break down. She pulled away from me a little while us still hugging. "I'm sorry." she uttered with her voice still cracking up from her sobs. "Your shirt is now wet."

I chuckled softly. "It's okay." 

She looked at me, still in full of tears. I kissed her forehead. "Just cry, it's okay." I said.

"Yoong..." she uttered. She then snuggled me again, making her face buried in my neck. "I miss my mom. I miss my mom so much. I want to be with her. I want to be by her side again."

I could feel her longing and suffering. She does love her mom, there's no question to that. It's probably has been so long since she passed, but no one can really mend the heart of people who lost someone dear in their hearts. Time can never mend that.


As she finally recovered from crying, I guided her to our dinner. We just had a silent meal. Well... I know I've been annoying her but I don't think it's appropriate this time.

As we are done and I have started on clearing out the dining table, she said, "Thank you for ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter