Taeyeon VI - Clouds

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS: This is a random thought but, Jessica's song, "It's Spring", really did help me out a lot on writing this one. So cute. Really cute. My fingers won't stop on curling from the cheesiness. Enjoy!

 

 

 

I am seated on a bench at a park where Jessica and I decided to meet for today. It's our sixth month of exclusively dating. Jessica calls it a 'monthiversary' or something. I am not really sure of the correct pronunciation, though. Usually, whenever she says it, I am just focused more on her cute face all the time.

You know... Up until now, I couldn't believe this Goddess Jessica Sooyeon Jung is dating me. And she likes me, the loser Kim Taeyeon. Do you see how ridiculous this situation is? How could a beautiful and perfect woman like her fall for me? Like, why? Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy?

 


Suddenly, a pair of delicate hands had covered both of my eyes. "Guess who?" she cutely said in her usual high pitch aegyo tone.

"Uhhh--- are you a kidnapper?"

I heard her giggle. Then, she rested her chin on top of my head. "Nope. Guess, guess!"

"Hmmmm. Are you beautiful?"

She giggled again, "Yes, I am. But what is my name?"

"Are you pretty?"

"Yah, Taengoo! What is my name~~?" she whined.

"Hmmm... I don't know if I will be able to guess it right, though. But, I only know one beautiful girl who calls me Taengoo."

She chuckled. "Who?! Who?!" she asked cutely like a little child.

"Bi-polar Jung Sooyeon?"

"Hmf! I hate you." She removed her hands from me and then went to sit beside me on the bench. She pouted cutely while she playfully crossed her arms.

I went closer and snuck my arm behind her. I pulled her into me and hugged her. "I'm sorry."

"I hate you, Taengoo." she said again.

Taengoo. Yup. That is my name now. She chose that as her term of endearment for me. I think it was a month after we started dating exclusively that she tried to add another syllable to my name. She keeps on mumbling different nicknames as we cuddled while watching the night sky during that time. I kind of felt like it was a meteor shower of cuteness from her as she tries to come up with many names for me. She settled with Taengoo, though. Taekuu and Taechii were the runner ups. She found pronouncing Taengoo cuter as she justified.

"Come on. You are really bipolar." I uttered.

And I earned a glare from her.

I continued, "Yes, you are. We were on the call earlier and you were so angry at me saying why we have to spend our sixth monthiversary in a park, AGAIN. Then, you complained and complained. But now that you are here..." I pinched her nose. "...You are showering me with your cheeeesyyyy aegyooooo~"

She swatted my hand away, "Hmf! Of course, I should not be angry the whole day! It's our sixth monthsary! It's monthsary, by the way. Monthsary not monthiversary."

"See? Now you're mad at me again."

"Because you love to tease me." and she pouted.

I quickly kissed her on the cheek. "You are really so cute."

"Shut up. I am mad."

"What do I need to do for you to forgive me?"

She then faced me straight then closed her eyes. "Kiss me."

I complied and kiss her.

"Hmm. One more."

 I chuckled then kiss her again.

"Nuh-uh. Not enough."

I pulled her closer then kissed her deeply. Still, the feeling has always been the same since the first time we kissed six months ago. The same magical feeling... The same feeling of so much bliss...


We parted our lips and I found her staring back at me lovingly. "Am I forgiven now?" I asked.

"Yes." Then, she redirected, "Happy sixth month."

"Happy sixth month."

"I have a gift for you, by the way." she snapped.

"Oh really?"

"Yup." She took the paper bag from her side and handed it to me. "Come on, open it." she said while resting her chin on my shoulder.

"This isn't scary, right?"

She chuckled, "It's a giant spider."

"I'm not scared of spiders."

"Who are you kidding? You are scared of everything, Taengoo Taeng."

I chuckled back, "You do know me so well, huh?"

I took the gift out of the paper bag and found a green pillow-like stuffed toy with a zipper at the middle. "What is this?" I asked.

She then responded cheerfully, "It's a cutie cute cute Peas in a Pod!"

I chuckled again, "A what?"

"Cutie cute cute Peas in a Pod!" She then snuggled me. "I saw them from a claw crane machine in an arcade downtown. They looked so cute and totally reminds me of you. So, I decided to get one for you even though I know I at playing claw cranes, unlike my best friend. She is a pro on that game."

"Wait. You said you don't have a friend, right?"

"Oh no. I don't have a friend here. That's what I said. Who I'm talking about isn't here. She's in the US. Remember that girl Stephanie I told you about?"

"Oh. Yes. That one. Your sidekick, right?"

She smirked evilly, "Yes. She's my sidekick."

Here's a thing about Jessica. Apparently, she's not really into making many friends and she's already satisfied with having that Stephanie as her one and only friend. I guess we're kind of the same on this type of social relation but still different. 

Yeah. What I said doesn't make any sense but what I'm trying to point is, she can make friends easily if she wants to. It's just that, she doesn't want to. Unlike me. I struggle. Like really, really do struggle. I am still not friends with Sooyoung until now, you know.

"So, how could this remind you of me?" I asked.

"Open it."

I complied and zipped down the plush toy. There were three cute round plushies inside.

"See that! They're like three cute little Taengoos!" she said and giggled then pinched both of my cheeks.

"Thank you. I like it." I then looked at her. "It's like we got our first triplets."

She blushed profoundly. "Shut up. I'm not ready to have a baby, okay. I hate babies."

I pouted and faked a cry. "You hate me?"

She chuckled, "You are the only baby I'll accept."

"But, you know... I want kids, though."

She then complained, "Yah! We are only dating for six months and you are starting to think about kids?"

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry." I then redirected, "Anyway, I also have a gift for you. This time, I'm sure you're gonna like it."

I pulled the shoebox from my bag and gave it to her. "Tadaaa!"

She then faked a cheer, "Wow. Shoes again."

"Open it."

She boringly lifted the lid off then noticed it was empty. "What? Is it invisible glass slippers?"

"Nope. This time, I am going to take you to the mall myself and let you choose the shoes you want. I don't want to catch you returning the shoes, just like you did on my gift for you on our fourth and fifth monthiversary."

"Wow. Smart."

"Yup. See? I am learning. Sooner or later, you'll be proud that you are dating a normal street smart guy."

"It's monthsary, though. Not monthiversary."

"Fine, whatever you call it."

"When can I claim this then?"

"Today? Within the month? Because if that will extend, that will be my seventh-month gift to you too."

"Wow. I am really impressed. You are really getting more and more street smart day after day, Kim Taeyeon."

"Thank you." I pulled her closer, "Oh. By the way, I wanted to ask you something." 

"Sure, hit me." She snuggled my arm. She rested her head on my shoulder and just settled herself on playfully touching my forearm. She gives me kisses on my neck from time to time too which makes me feel ticklish.

"What are we?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we are exclusively dating... we are having these monthly anniversaries... then, we are also making out... we uhhmmm do making out like in a very, very uhhhmmm I don't know, more intense? Oh and we cuddle too... like intense cuddling if you know what I mean?"

She giggled, "I can comprehend that more intense making out but, intense cuddling, really? What the heck is that?"

"Aiiishh. Just let me continue, alright?"

"Fine."

"So... what I want to ask is... are you my girlfriend and am I your boyfriend?"

She pulled away then looked at me in complete disbelief. She then asked in a sarcastic tone, "What do you think?"

"I think we are in a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship."

"Really, huh?"

"Yeah, I am confident we are."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So???"

"..."

"Jessica?"

"..."

"Are we?"

"No."

I looked at her in so much confusion, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm not your girlfriend and you're not my boyfriend."

"Why not?"

"Because you never asked me, !"

"Oh... I thought it was implied. I kissed you and you kissed me back six months ago. Do you remember that? By the riverside?"

"Okay. If that is your logic... tell me about the one-night stands happening all over the world with the girl kissing back the boy. Do they always end up as boyfriend and girlfriend afterwards?"

"Hmmmmm. That makes a lot of sense."

"Look, Taengoo. I love you but sometimes, I do feel like I am your practice date or something. At least, try and uhhmmm... do some research, you know. I can't teach you dating 101 as in all the time."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter