Yoong XIV - Doppelgänger

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        "I’m in love, I fall in love
        I’m not afraid, as long as I’m with you
        The world is so beautiful"

Yuri-hyung was mellowly singing while playing his guitar. Taeyeon-hyung, Yuri-hyung and I are hanging out in the same rooftop of a random apartment where we usually always go for a hangout. The three girls are currently having their girly stuff so they're not available to join us. Sooyoung, on the other hand, has been missing in action for the past weeks. Even Hyoyeon-noona doesn't even know why he's always gone and avoiding our group.

"That's a very nice song." Taeyeon-hyung said. "I love that one." Then, he continued with the same song "I'm in Love" by Ra.D,

        "Actually from the first time I met you
        Somewhere deep in my heart
        You crashed in like a strong wave
        You’re the only thing in my mind all day
        I can be your good lover
        Wanna be your four-leafed clover
        I’ll make you the happiest woman in the world
        
        Please you gotta believe me
        Make you never gonna leave me
        I won’t be suspicious, I’ll trust you"

The three of us continued to sing together the last part of the song.

        "I’m in love, I fall in love
        I’m not afraid, as long as I’m with you
        The world is so beautiful
        
        You are so beautiful"

We all sighed deeply as we laid our backs on the wall, continuing staring up in the sky.

"All the feels~" Taeyeon-hyung said.

"Yeah~" Yuri-hyung and I seconded.

He then asked Yuri-hyung, "You sure are so much in love now, huh?"

"Of course."

"Have you told her you love her yet?" I asked.

"Nope. Not gonna drop the pre-mature 'I love you'. She should say it first."

"Is this pride?"

"No. No. I just want to make sure we're on the same page."

"There's nothing wrong saying you love her first."

"Did you tell Justine before you love her first?"

"I think so, yes."

He then asked Taeyeon-hyung, "Did you tell your first girlfriend you love her first?"

Taeyeon-hyung then proudly answered, "No. She had a slip of tongue." Then, he smiled as he reminisced, "Seriously, she was so freaking cute back then. She denied immediately when I interrogated her about it." He closed his eyes. "She made a blowfish on then pouted while a little bit of glaring at me. She's too freaking cute."

"Do you miss her?"

He sighed loudly as he stared back at the sky. Sadness was now obvious in his face. "I so much miss her."

Yuri-hyung then redirected to me, "So, you dropped the premature I love you then, Yoong?"

"I may have dropped that premature I love you but... I could feel she loved me back. So, I said it anyway. That's not the one that scared her, though."

"What scared her?"

"She's scared of happiness. And I think I gave her too much, she bailed out."

He chuckled, "You sounded so confident about that."

"Well, that's what she told me. She's always too happy with me. It's not like what I said is baseless, hyung."

"Yeah. I'm not doubting you, okay. I bet she was just hesitant."

"Yeah."

"So, you're no longer pursuing her?"

"I am just... currently enjoying what we have now. Friendship. I don't want to spoil it again and scare her away."

"Do you miss her? I mean... being more than her friend?"

"Sort of. I miss the time when we're just alone together."

"You mean, in Ah In?"

"Yes."

"Do you regret transferring in Se Kyung?"

"Not so much. Studying in Se Kyung is fun, anyway."

He redirected back to Taeyeon-hyung, "So, if you also miss your first girlfriend, why did you cheat on her?"

"I told you I was just a man. I got needs."

"It was not your fault, isn't it?"

"..."

"Taeyeon. Why are you hiding away from us? It has been years, you know. I think it's about time. You can open up to us."

"I don't want to talk about it, Yul."

"Tae--"

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" he shouted ragingly. "We all make ing mistakes, okay! And I am not an exception!" He then tried to calm himself down. "Just. Let's just not talk about my past. As you said, it has been years. I already moved on. I got a girlfriend now."

"Do you still love her?" I asked and stared at him intently.

"I have no right to still love her." he said. 

"Hyung. That does not answer my question."

He glared at me, "Why do you freaking wanna know?"

"Why are you mad at this? It's just a simple question."

"It's not a ing simple question for me!"

Yuri-hyung butted, "Okay. That's enough. Both of you. Stop." We both looked away. Yuri-hyung then said, "I'm sorry I brought up both of your pasts. I know it's still hurtful. I'm sorry. I just... I just remember how much both of you were so happy back then. I was just wondering if now, we'll all be the same. All happy together, you know what I mean?"

"Sadly, life doesn't work that way." I said.

"Yeah, I know."

We all then went into silence. After a few minutes, Yuri-hyung said, "Should we bury the past now? Like, from now on, no one will bring those two girls up?"

"Yeah. Sounds good to me." Taeyeon-hyung said.

"Me too." I seconded.

Yuri-hyung nodded, "Yes. Bury Taeng's first ex and Yoong's Justine. It's time to look forward to your new apple-of-the-eye. You know... Jessica?"

Taeyeon-hyung then madly shouted again, "Don't freaking involve me on that emo girl! I already have a girlfriend!"

I then redirected before Yuri-hyung could interrogate me about Jessica, "But, seriously, Yul-hyung. How do you feel now that Tiffany-noona came out alive from your sketches? If you look at it, it's such a great phenomenon."

"Yeah. I know right. I could never believe it as well."

"It would be scary if my dream girl would come out of my sketch." I pulled out a sketch from my pocket. Taeyeon-hyung took it and they both looked at it. We all laughed so hard.

"Damn it. This is so ing scary, Yoong!" Yul-hyung said and continued to laugh.

"I know right. That's why I'm taking art lessons now. I need to be good at it to get my dream girl too."

"Yeah. I think I should start practicing too." Taeyeon-hyung also said.

I took my sketch back and placed it inside my wallet. Well, this was the same stick-figure sketch which I showed Jessica during our bittersweet couple-for-a-day event. Yeah. Despite it ended up tragic, I still want to treasure that moment. I have a feeling that would be the last time for the rest of my life that I felt extremely happy.

Taeyeon-hyung then asked Yuri-hyung, "How's Tiffany in Malibu Club now, by the way?"

That had gotten Yuri-hyung mad, "Don't start on that, Taeng."

"Come on. She's just disguising as a waiter there, anyway."

"Yeah. I know. But still, it irks me out. What if those hungry men try to get into her pants, huh?"

Just a heads up, Tiffany-noona finally got a job after all the months of her looking and looking. It's kind of unusual, though since it's a guy's job. Err-- sort of.

She's disguising as a waiter in a strip club called Malibu. She was mistaken as a guy by the funny owner Kim Shinyoung when she was just passing by that place. Then, she offered noona a job there. Yuri-hyung was so much not happy with it. Well, it was a freaking strip club. If Jessica would want to try work in there, I will probably get mad too.

Taeyeon-hyung then butted, asking him, "How's your progress, though?"

"What do you mean?"

"On getting into her pants?"

"Shut up, Taeng. I'm not gonna share that."

"You are really a killjoy."

"I don't want you both to fantasize about my girl, okay. She's my girl. I know you two are ing drooling over her too."

"It's just a crush!" we both shouted. I added, "Yuri-hyung, Tiffany-noona is so freaking beautiful and y and nice and sweet. You can't stop us. We're just men."

"Yup. That's what I told him before too." Taeyeon-hyung said. "He really just couldn't understand it."

He said, "I bet Jessica will kill you both if she finds out about this."

"She already did." I said. "She was so ing scary."

"Whoa. How did you two get out of her grasp, then?"

Tae-hyung answered, "We told her she's prettier than Tiffany. And that Tiffany is no match on her when it comes to everything."

Yuri-hyung then smirked, "Yeah. Right."

"What's that supposed to mean?" we both said.

"Tiffany is prettier than her." 

"Have you seen her no-makeup face, hyung?" I asked. "Have you seen how much of a barbie-looking creature Jessica is?"

"Yes. Still, Tiffany's more beautiful. And nicer. And more charming."

"Jessica's nice too. Did you know she donated a big portion of her investment income to different charity institutions?"

"Fine. But, Tiffany's more charming and friendly. She makes the atmosphere around so bright and happy. She makes other people happy with just her smiles."

Taeyeon-hyung then responded, "I think if emo girl would just remove her dark makeup and switch to a natural look, I bet people will die of happiness just by seeing her."

I seconded, "You do know that, Yuri-hyung. You told me your jaw ing dropped when you first met her makeup-less."

"Fine. Argument acceptable."

I added, "And Jessica's smarter."

"I can't vouch for that. She's flunking her Architecture major. Tiffany happened to tell me that the other day."

"It's not her field. She was just forced to take that up since her supposed-to-be course was already full."

"I have a feeling the both of you will never stop on ganging up on me until I surrender on this argument and let your Jessica win. I get it. But, for me, Tiffany is better. All of our opinions are subjective, anyway. Let's just stop this."

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter