Jessica XVII - Drag

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Triple update part 1

 

 

Jessica Sooyeon Jung. The human embodiment of stupid .

You freaking ran away from Yoong again. What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, if only I can separate myself from you, I probably would have done that already since long ago. Yoong is such a perfect guy. So much of a very perfect guy. Yet, you keep on hurting him.

Yes. I escaped from Yoong's tempting love again. I don't know what happened. I didn't dream again, alright. It just came into my thoughts one night that I felt like what I am doing is wrong again.

Tell me what to do with myself? Please tell me. I couldn't make a decision on my own. It's like I am feeling trapped again.

Was it Taeyeon again? No. It was not. I have already disregarded my feelings for Taeyeon. I think...

I mean, I have not thought of him throughout the whole winter break. It was only that New Year's celebration when he pissed me off. After that, he never actually crossed my mind every time I am with Yoong.

Could it be an internal problem piece of for me? I don't know. I really don't know. 

Could it be Tiffany's words last month?

 

        "My prince... I finally met him." she said.
        
        "What?! Tell me tell me! How does he look like?"
        
        "He's... handsome of course. He's tall. He has a dark complexion. Beautiful eyes. Luscious lips. Very good-looking."
        
        "So... It's Yuri?"
        
        "No."
        
        "Well. You basically described Yul's appearance. He's the only one I know who has dark complexion, tall and handsome face."
        
        "Yeah, you're right. Yul kinda has the same description as him."
        
        "Don't tell me it's Sooyoung?"
        
        "No..." She looked away from me. "It's not Sooyoung. He's someone you don't know."
        
        "I see... So how did you feel when you met him?"
        
        "I felt so confused. What if... what if I met him in the first place? Then maybe I..."
        
        "Then maybe?"
        
        "Then maybe I wouldn't have fallen for Yuri..."
        
        "So you're saying... what you feel for Yuri now is all just an infatuation?"
        
        "No! I love Yuri!"
        
        "Then why are you saying such a very ridiculous thing?"
        
        "Ridiculous? Tell me. If you didn't break up with Taeyeon, will you fall for Yoong now?"

 


That hit me. That last one.

If I happen to meet both of them at the same time, who will I fall in love with? Minus all the tragedies, adjust the timeline, yes, what will happen? Who will I choose?

It got me so much confused. My former best friend sure is smart sometimes.

Former? Yes. It's already former. Well... I was stupid. Again.


    "If you really hate me, just hate me. Hate me alone. Don't freaking drag everyone to your hatred... Stop acting ridiculous, Jessica. Makeup with Tiffany. She doesn't deserve this treatment of yours."

 

Taeyeon's words sure ate me. Tiffany would never do such a thing by her choice just to hurt Yuri. Thus, I shouldn't be blaming her for something that hurt me before. I just ended up destroying our relationship.

I sighed deeply.

But, what's new, right? I let my emotions consumed me and said the very wrongful words towards her when I saw the scandal of her and Sooyoung. Days after that, she tried to talk to me. She finally admitted to me that Sooyoung was her childhood prince when she denied that to me days before that scandal happened.

I always thought it was Yuri since I know they've become childhood sweethearts before. But now, plot twist. It was Sooyoung.

Although, I just... I just didn't really understand her obsession with her prince. Yuri's the one making her happy now. I do know enough she loves Yuri so much and Yuri loves her back too. It's like if there is an actual representation of a perfect and happy couple full of nothing but love for each other, it's gonna be the two of them. Then, in the end, she's still back obsessing on her prince?

Why the situation looked familiar to me, though?

...

.

Holy freaking stupid .

We're the same.

That's it. Proven.

Jessica Sooyeon Jung. No doubt you are the real human embodiment of stupid .

I even did another stupid thing. I meddled with them. Weeks ago, I sort of encouraged Yuri to break up with her. I told Yuri that it has always been her prince. That, he should at least try to consider her situation too.

But, that's the only way, right? The only way for her to settle her feelings for good is to test the waters with Sooyoung. If he's really the one then so be it. If not, then it's really Yuri.

I feel like I shouldn't have done that, though. It was obvious enough my former best friend isn't liking her situation now and that, obviously, she loves Yuri more.

You can throw stones at me now. I am a stupid .


So, anyway, here I am again. Waiting for my death boringly again. No freaking choice but to sulk again alone in my favorite spot at school.  Somewhere in the university field is an unnoticeable tree. It happens to have very nice shade. I call that tree, the 'tree of never-ending sorrow'. And under that tree is my sulking spot. I always spend school breaks in there, and even when I cut classes too. 

I tell you, no one really knows or notices that 'tree of never-ending sorrow'. No one really decides to go there and hang out. As in, really. Whenever I'm there, I feel like I am invisible to the world. I guess, no one can see the tree unless you are really under the curse of never-ending sorrow. In short, it's only me. It's mine. It's my spot. Mine alone.

However...

A freaking big, HOWEVER...

Someone else is there this time.


"That's my spot." I said firmly to the sleeping dude.

Yuri rubbed his eyes then finally noticed who I was. He asked, "What spot?"

"That's my spot."

"What?"

"You're sitting on my spot."

He looked around, "I don't see your name anywhere here."

"Move, Mister Kwon. THAT IS MY SPOT!" I shouted angrily.

He suddenly looked so scared. He quickly moved a meter length away. 

I sat on my spot. I hugged my knees while staring at the field. Just when I thought I am going to enjoy moments of silence afterwards, I was wrong.

"Spot for what?" he asked.

"For sulking." I answered.

"Uhhh- Can I ask why?"

I looked at him, annoyed, "Can't you see I'm sulking now?! Stop bothering me."

"I just wanna ask."


...

 

"I'm sulking because I lost my only friend." I said.

"Tiffany? Wasn't that your fault you shooed her away?"

"Yeah, it was my fault. That's why I am sulking here, see?"

"Why don't you just get back to her? I'm sure she misses you a lot."

"No. I was a bad friend to her. It's too late."

"Too late, huh?"

"Now tell me, why are you sulking in my spot?"

"Because I'm stupid for letting her go... and it looks to me she already moved on now and happy."

"Happy? Have you seen her yet?"

"Uhh- no?"

"Who told you that?"

"Seohyun, my quiz bee partner, told me."

"If you'll see her now, I bet you'll say otherwise. I've never seen her look so lifeless 'til now. There were also times she's talking to herself. Some students noticed that too."

"She talks to herself?!"

"Yep. Can't blame her though, talking to yourself has an advantage because at least you know someone is listening."

"Well, you do got a point there... But I wonder why Seohyun told me Sooyoung and Tiffany's happily dating each other now."

"Maybe that Seohyun might have mistaken someone else as Tiffany. I'm not kidding. In my opinion, Tiffany doesn't really look happy nowadays."

It was then silence again. Good. It's peacetime.

"Jessica." he called again after just a freaking few seconds. Damn it. Why can't I have my peaceful lone time?

"Yes?" I said back.

"What should I do?"

"Sulk. Look at me. I'm sulking while waiting for my death."

"Yeah... Maybe I'll just do that."

A sudden blinding light flashed before me. It was like a moment of enlightenment. Right. Right. Riiiiiiiggghhhhhtttt~~

I am bored. But I found something to do now.

I smirked at him, "So... Are you ready to embrace the darkness?"

He looked at me with a ridiculous derpy expression. So cute. "Wha-- What darkness?" he asked as he stuttered.

I leaned towards him. He stumbled on his back. I pinned him to the ground, still wearing a smirk. "Are you ready, Mister Kwon?" 

"F--for what?"

"I feel bored. Maybe you can help me distract my mind. Oh. Two birds in one stone. I can help you with this too."

"Wha-- what are you gonna do to me?!"

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you."

"But you sounded like one!"

"Don't worry. I won't do anything to you that you will not like."

Before he could try to scream, I quickly covered his mouth with my hand. "Now, stop being a pain in my and just follow my orders."

 

 


---

 

 


This. This is freaking good. So good. Oh dear. 

"Sica. Can we stop?"

I am really really so much enjoying this. Yuri's really making me want him more.

"Jessica."

So freaking addicting. Oh. We should have done this long ago.

"Jessica!" he held both of my hands to stop me from my beautiful creation. "I don't get it why you're like in when you're just fixing my hair! What if someone hears us here?! Rumors might spread!"

"You can't blame me with that, Yuri-yah. You look so handsome with the gothic look. Oh you're so good-- looking!~"

Yes. No malicious intent. I made him embrace the darkness. With that, I mean, for him to adopt the Gothic lifestyle. I've always been dreaming of putting the same makeup and hairstyle on Yoong but he never really budged. He's severely disinterested about it. I think there was also a slight hint of contempt from him on my lifestyle. But, Yuri? Oh. Damn Yuri. Such a very submissive guy. He just got no choice but to abide by what I wanted.

I happened drag him to his apartment and cut from our classes for the rest of the day. And wolla, after three hours of applying makeup and styling his hair, I got a brand new Goth man-doll.

I then tortured him with hypothetical moments of Sooyoung and Tiffany to make him cry for a photoshoot. I am planning to submit these to the Goth lifestyle magazine. They happened to have this model of the month contest. I might win it with Yuri's freaking handsome look right now.

After we were done, he complained again and asked, "Can't I take this off now? And no, don't ever dare to submit those."

"No. Take that off exactly three minutes before going to bed, Mister Yuri."

"What?! No way. What if Sunkyu sees me like this? He'll go hysterical again."

"I'm home!" Sunkyu shouted as he came in, "Appa, I- Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Yup. He was right. Cute little Sunkyu really did go hysterical about it. Yuri quickly tried to calm his son down.

"Appa, you're a servant of the Dark Lord now?! Nooooo!!!"

"No, Kyu. Let me explain."

Sunkyu glared at me, "You evil wife of the Dark Lord, what did you do to my appa?!"

Yuri then came up with a silly little story for a cover-up, "Sunkyu listen to me! This is just a form of disguise! This will help with bringing your mother back here."

Sunkyu then asked me, "Hmmmm- can I join too? I want to help find umma."

"Of course you can. You'll make a great gothic kid."

"Jessica, stop." Killjoy Yuri butted. He then redirected to his son, "Sunkyu, you better stay here at home. It's dangerous in the Dark Lord's lair. Go get changed and we're gonna eat now." 

Sunkyu groaned in defeat. "You're no fun, appa!" He stomped his way to the bathroom.

"So, what's with the Dark Lord this time?" I asked.

"Well, Sunkyu wouldn't come out from his room after he found out Tiffany and I broke up. So I told him that the Dark Lord captured her again and I'm finding a way to bring her back."

"Wow- you really are smart. But I just wonder until when will that kid stop falling for your tricks."

"Hopefully by the time comes, he will understand the real situation. Anyways, since you're here now, why don't you join us for dinner?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Uhhh- no. I said dinner here inside, didn't I?"

"It sounds like a date to me."

"Fine. Think what you want it to be. It's just dinner... with Sunkyu."

"Now, it sounds to me like I'm Sunkyu's new mother."

"Jessica!"

"I'm just kidding, okay. Can't a broken, sad, hopeless person like me joke even once in a while?"

"I do not get you at all, woman."

"Don't worry, Mister Kwon. You don't have to."

Yuri prepared dinner for the three of us. Sunkyu and I had ourselves situated in the dining table while watching Yuri cook.

"Dark Lord's wife." Sunkyu snapped.

"Yes?"

"Don't mind appa about what he said. I want to join searching for umma too."

"Okay, sure. We can start tomorrow if you want."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter