Yoong IX - Oscillate

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How to describe Yoonsic's relationship here in two scenes:

 

I miss them so much. The day of the black sun in real life is coming soon.

Anyway, this is the second to the longest chapter that I have ever written for this story. I think so if i'm not mistaken. The longest would be the next one. lololol.

This chapter is the answer to the reason why all the seven beautiful dtd main characters ended up together in Se Kyung University. Their world would be smaller on the next >;)

 

 

 

 

It was a sudden emission of dark aura. It was like the whole university was enveloped by the darkness. Even if I remove the sunglasses I am wearing right now, the atmosphere is the same.

As I walked inside the Ah In campus, I noticed lots of male students wearing black outfits and extremely dark make ups. There are a few female students too who wear the same motif.

What is going on?

I asked one, "Excuse me, is there some kind of a party here in the campus right now?"

"Party?"

"Yeah? Like black outfit party something today?"

"This is actually has been the norm for the past week." the other said.

"I see... Thanks." 

What the heck? So for the past week when I am out, this is what has been going on? Oh. Where have I been? Immediately after the finals, my father dragged me to accompany him to his visits on the embassies outside the country for the whole week. And yesterday, I was in Anseong again to persuade General Seo to call off the engagement. And I think I finally did. Though, there was a consequence but yeah that doesn't matter.

I sighed deeply. I bet my Jessica really misses me now. You know, for the past three days, she's the one who sends a text message first before me. That means something, right? Right? Come on. Back me up on this.

I sent a message to my Jessica, 'Where are you?'

'Bench.' she said.

I sighed, 'Which bench?'

'Field.'

'Jessica.'

'Fine.'

'Where?!'

Then she sent me the exact map coordinates of her whereabouts. Like freaking seriously.

I sighed deeply again. Loving this woman is very, very challenging.

It's hard to locate through coordinates, though. So, I just asked around about her. I found her sitting on a bench at the football field. Now, I finally know why everyone is in a dark aura. She's like the queen of the army of gothic ants crawling around the campus.

It has been weeks since I've last seen this woman. Now, it's like a 180-degree change. She's now wearing a very dark makeup and too much dark lacey outfit, looking like she's mourning or something. She still looks pretty, though. Like, how pretty? She's a living barbie! You can dress her up, put some makeup on her and she will still be so freaking beautiful!

"Jessica?" I called, trying to make sure it's her. She looked at me in a very dull expression.

"What happened to you?" I asked and sat beside her. "Are you okay?"

"I'll never be okay..."

"I'm serious. Did something happen?"

She looked at me straight, still with an emotionless expression. "Nothing happened. Nothing will ever happen in my life."

"Is this some kind of experiment? Are you trying out a new lifestyle or something?"

She didn't answer.

"What is this, then?"

She didn't answer again.

I breathed deeply. Then I took out a small face towel from my bag. Good thing, I still have my water bottle half full. I began to dampen the towel with the remaining water I got. Afterwards, I held it forward to show it to her. "Do you see this?"

"Yes."

"You know what I'm gonna do with this, right?"

"I dare you."

"Oh yeah? What is in it for me if I dare to remove that makeup of yours?"

She smirked, "You won't get your kiss."

And, yup. That had me spazzing crazily inside. I withdrew the towel and just brushed it on my arms. "It's kinda hot today, isn't it?"

She giggled, "Silly." How can she still be cute while wearing this so dark emo makeup?

"Can I ask for a favor?" I said.

"What is it?"

"Can you lessen the dark lipstick?"

"Why?"

"And the dark eye makeup? Maybe not really that much eye-liner?"

Now, she's giving me a death glare.

I sighed, "Oh. Come on, baby. What would people say when they see us together?"

"Why would they think about us together?"

I scooted nearer and closed the gap of our faces. "You know yourself you like me. I understand that you don't want any commitment right now so I am okay with our situation now. Unofficial. I get it."

She smirked. She made the gap of our lips to an inch. "In. Your Dreams."

I smirked back. "Really? Do you want to know what's in my dream again?"

"Shut up."

"I love you too."

She smiled then asked, "Why are you wearing sunglasses?"

"Oh. Girls are falling for my fawn eyes. I don't want to give them 'false hopes', you know. So, I'm hiding this."

"Oh. Really, huh? Are you just quoting me?"

"Wow. Quote you? I know you got a swarm of emo admirers around here to show off your popularity but that doesn't mean I'm one of your fans."

"So, you're not?"

"I am not because I am far worse." I placed my hand on her back and pulled her closer to me. "I'm your sasaeng."

She giggled. "I want to see your stupid eyes." She tried to remove my sunglasses but I refused. She forcefully removed it from me. She was shocked by what she's seeing. "What happened? Why you got a black eye?" she asked in so much concern. She had her finger ran on it lightly.

I sighed, "General Seo hit me. You know... my ex-fiance's dad?"

"The military general?"

"Yes."

She frowned cutely. "Why did you infuriate him? What did you say?"

"I told him I'm not in love with his daughter and I am in love with someone else. He was terribly mad at me so he punched me on the eye. Good thing, my ex-fiance was there. She's the one who actually convinced her father to call off the engagement, finally."

"So your ex was there?"

I grinned, "Are you jealous?"

"No. Why would I be?"

"Why do you think?"

"Shut up."

"I love you too. Now, where's my kiss?"

"Here." She kissed my black eye.

"Whoa! I feel like it's healing already!"

She giggled again. "Silly." she said and slapped me on the chest. She afterwards rested her hand on my shoulder. I made our foreheads touched.

"Can I get my real kiss now?" I asked and kissed her on the nose.

"No."

"What?"

"Not here on the campus."

"Why?"

She broke away and went back to her normal sitting composure. I then felt the sudden hateful atmosphere. It seems her fanboys are shooting me deadly glares now. 

"Tell me..." I uttered.

"What?"

"Did you start descending to the darkness because you just want to distinguish your fan boys out of the rest?"

She laughed, "Why would I do that?"

"I don't know. Now, that you are sporting that lifestyle of yours, the place started to get gloomy."

"Do you really hate my dark makeup that much?"

"I don't hate it, okay. It's just inconsistent."

"Inconsistent on what?"

"On us."

"That again? We're not together, Yoong. Why do you keep on insisting there's us?"

I sighed deeply. This girl... She's so freaking inconsistent. She wanted to kiss me earlier, right? You all witnessed that. Now, she's insisting there's still no us? Like, freaking seriously, am I just her boy toy?! Wow. I am deeply hurt.

"I am leaving, by the way." she said.

"Where are you going?"

"I mean leaving the campus."

"Where are you going?" I asked out of annoyance.

"Yah. Why are you mad at me?"

"Why don't you just tell me straight what you wanted to tell me?!"

"What the--!" She looked at me in so much disbelief. "You are one hotheaded guy! Ha. Now, your colors are showing."

"You are making me hotheaded!" 

"Why are you mad at me?!"

"You are inconsistent! You hug me. You kiss me. You make cute faces to attract me. You even try to seduce me sometimes. But, in the end, you tell me you don't want to give me false hopes?! What am I to you, huh?! Your boy toy?!"

She looked away and sighed deeply. "I'm sorry..."

I looked away too.

She said, "I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship. I don't want to rush into one again."

"Tell me... Be honest with me..." I looked at her. "Do I have a chance?"

She didn't answer. I held her chin to make her face me. "Do we have a chance, Jessica?"

"I don't know..." she answered.

"Do you want to take things slowly with me?"

She looked at me straight in the eyes first. Then, she avoided my gaze.

"Answer me, please."

"I'm not sure..."

"Forget about the past. Tell me how you feel right now."

She looked at me again. "Yoong, please don't make this hard for me."

"Do I have a chance on you?" I repeated.

"Of course you do... it's just that... I don't know. I'm not sure."

"I will never hurt you." I will never do the same as that guy did to you.

She looked away and smiled bitterly, "Funny. He said the same thing to me too."

"This is not an empty promise. I will really never hurt you."

"Let's just stop talking about my past, okay."

"Okay. I'm sorry..."

It was then silence. It seems like the thought of her past relationship has really gotten her down.

"Do you still love him...?" I asked and I didn't receive a response from her. It seems she's still not over with that ex-boyfriend of hers.

Damn. This ing hurts.

I wore my sunglasses back. I was starting to tear up so I put it back on. I have to resist. I don't want her to see me like a whining kid who lost.

"Even if he hurt you that much? Even if he said those horrible words to you?" I asked.

"..."

"He's stupid. He's a really stupid guy."

"Please don't hate him. I told you. There's no one else to blame with what happened to my life but, me."

"No. It's still not acceptable. I swear if I tell all your emo fanboys here about what he did to you, I bet all of them will draw out their voodoo dolls and curse him right away."

She laughed loudly and slapped me on my upper arm. "Yah! Why do you stereotype the Goth lifestyle to practicing witchcraft?"

"Aren't you? I bet you placed love potion on my food that's why I am so much crazy for you."

"Shut up!"

I smiled back.

"That doesn't mean I love you. Shut up."

"I am just smiling."

"Shut up."

I smiled wider. "I got five I love you-s now. Wow. I am on fire today."

She smiled again. "I love you."

I was startled. My jaw dropped so low. I think my eyes so much widened form the extreme shock. I even removed my sunglasses again just to see a better look on her to decipher what she said.

Like, what? Is she for real?

She laughed loudly, "That means shut up, okay."

I grinned widely, "No take backs."

"It means shut up!"

"Wow." I then cheered and shouted, "WOOOOOO!!! SUCH A VERY AWESOME DAY!"

"Yah! I didn't mean that I love you for real! It means shut up since you keep on reversing them!"

I continued to grin widely from the triumph. Man, she loves me back. She loves me back! She loves me back!

"Yah!"

I couldn't respond. I think my mind is on cloud-nine already. Oh. And she started slapping me so hard for a couple of times. She even started to strangle me by the neck. But, I don't know. I am so much happy to feel physical pain.

She then surrendered, "I take it back, please." She rested her forehead on my shoulder. "I surrender, please. It was just a joke."

I couldn't help but still smile goofily. I tried to suppress my smile and just wear a poker face but still couldn't help it.

"Say something."

"What do you want me to say? I love you too?"

Still with her forehead rested, she covered her face with her both hands. She seemed to be so embarrassed now. "I hate you."

"Do you now realize how much you are inconsistent? I think you are bipolar, Jessica Sooyeon Jung."

"I know you love me inconsistent."

"I love you. All of you."

She lifted her head and rested her chin on my shoulder. "Even if I'm not ready yet?"

"Ready or not, that will not change my feelings for you. I am not a quitter, Jessica. I can wait forever if you want me to."

"You might wait forever."

"I already know that ever since I first met you. But see? I'm still here and going strong. My patience is really really really that high to tolerate you."

She smiled warmly. She then wrapped her arms around my waist. This silly inconsistent girl... Tsk. Tsk.

I understand her situation. I was once depressed too but we both went different ways in dealing with it. I went to use illegal drugs hence I have not gone through what she's feeling right now.

Usually, based on my research, those suffering depression without any drug or alcohol influence on the side has very inconsistent emotions. Their emotions are all over the place and that's because of the pain still lingering inside them. There's no other channel to forget about the pain, that is why.

This inconsistency in her is definitely its effect. She hates me but she loves me. She sports this lifestyle of darkness but she smiles like she's in the light when we're together.

But I know she'll eventually accept everything that happened in the past. It's all just about accep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter