Taeyeon XXIII - Gone

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Look at that. 60th chapter! This update is in commemoration of the soshi holy trinity, feeding us such great blessings...

Taeyeon winning daesang (yesssss finally! she should have won many years ago, damnit! tho I gotta admit, I feel sad the concert here in SG was canceled. When am I gonna get a chance to see her?! I chose her over Tiff, you know. like, didn't fly to PH to watch Tiff's concert and just stayed to wait for her. But damn. I felt so freaking sad and lonely, I cried T__T) Yoona ranked as number 1, the most beautiful woman in 2019 (I swear, my close friend who never liked kpop even liked Yoona now too. She said she's pretty and funny esp on her crying scenes in EXIT. See the power of pretty Yoona? hahaha)  Jessica finally doing something!!!--i.e. releasing a book! (I already pre-purchased, you people should too. It looks awesome and I think it's going to be a good dose of OT9 goodness. Yes, I could feel that.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this one. I finally cured my writer's block and I think I'm gonna make good progress on writing the rest of ARC 2. Sorry, I'm saying so many bunches of stuff. It's just that. I miss you guys so much, okay. hahaha.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

        "You are already two years late on that..."

Those words had my heart shattered in an instant. Those ing words are like daggers struck unto me. As time goes, it hurts me as it gets deeper and deeper unto my body. I... I never thought it would be this hurtful.

Am I already too late, Jessica? Do I not matter to you now? Am I nothing to you now?

Damn it. The pain is really so ing hurtful. I feel like I am dying.


It has been days since she broke my heart. I decided to head here to Busan to avoid any possible encounter with her and even with the rest of our friends. Also, I've been inquiring about school transfer requirements for a state university here.

Yes. I am really decided on this. This is the only way for me to continue my life without her. I needed this peace. I needed to go back to the way I was. Alone. Yes, alone. I've always been alone, anyway.

"Another shot?" the bartender asked.

"Give me three shots."

He smiled then attended to my order. He put three shot glasses in front of me then poured rum on those. "What's bothering you?" he asked.

"Nah. No need for a talk."

He chuckled, "I know you do need a talk. Come on. Try me."

I sighed, "I dated this woman three years ago. It lasted for a year, I guess. Time passed, our paths crossed again. We're dating different people now."

"And you still love her?"

"Yes. To be honest, I never really forgot about her. She's always been in my heart and mind."

"I see... And she no longer does feel the same way?"

I sighed again, "I guess so. And worse, she fell in love with my best friend. Well, she never really thought that guy was my best friend in the first place."

"But your best friend knew her as your ex?"

"No. I never told him. I didn't want to since it's a piece of unnecessary information. I don't have plans to get back to her during that time, anyway."

"And I assume she thought the same?"

"Yeah. Then when I felt like wanting her back again, I decided to tell her about my real feelings. Days ago, I told her I still love her. But she shut me down immediately."

"Whoa. That , bro."

"I know."

"So, you're quitting now then? Like you're raising a white flag now?"

"I don't know. Maybe."

He sighed, "As much as I wanted to help you figure out to get her back, I can't. Sounds to me your best friend didn't violate the bro code."

"Oh. There's a ruling on dating a Bro's ex, right?"

"Yes."

"It wouldn't apply?"

"I'm not exactly sure. It depends on the timing interval."

"What does the article actually say?"

He then told, "Article 161, Dating a Bro's ex, states that there is time that the girl you are looking at was previously dating a Bro. The code, however, has a scale that sets everything straight... Tell me, how many months or years did you date that girl?"

"Counting the actually dating and not officially boyfriend-girlfriend?"

"Yup."

"14 months."

"Uhuh. More than one year... Who dumped who?"

"Err--" I looked away. "Me."

"Damn it. Why did you dump her then?"

"Several circumstances. Family matters."

"Oh. I understand. When did he start dating her then?"

"Hmmm... I'm not sure.  Wait. I think my other best friend told me once that they met sometime around September two years ago. That's I think eight months after our break up?"

"Ooooh. This seems tricky. Did they start to date right away?"

"Could be? Well, they've become closer sometime around early December that year, so 10 or 11 months then. At least, that's in my assumption."

"Oh. He violated the Code then."

"Really?!"

"Since you dated her for more than a year and you dumped her, your best friend should have waited for one year but no need to ask for permission from you after that duration. If she dumped you, he would still need your permission though. But if we consider him not knowing she was your ex then this Article 161 wouldn't apply."

"But, he should have at least asked his Bros first, right? Like, for courtesy or something?"

"Hmmm. That makes a valid point."

"So let's assume he violated. What would happen?"

"He has to choose between the girl and the bro. It is recommended to choose the bros instead of the girl unless that girl is about an 8 or higher on the 10 point scale."

"Oh. She's almost a 10. If you ask me she's a 10. But, realistically speaking, she could be 9.95."

"No ."

I took my phone and showed him my selfie with Jessica way back Sooyoung's birthday this year. Yeah, that one when she was wearing a freaking two-piece baby blue bathing suit.

"Holy ."

"So?"

"She's 9.95, yeah. But could be 10, you're right. How could you dump a 10, man?"

I sighed, "I am stupid."

He took two more shot glasses out and poured rum on those. "These are on the house. I am totally feeling sorry for you, man."

"Thanks." I drank my five shots straight. Damn, I think the alcohol quickly hit me because of it. "So, any advice how can I get her back?"

"She already shut you down."

"Yeah. But, I don't know... I don't really want to give up yet. They're not married yet, you know."

"Hmmm. Fair point. My advice? Make her be reminded of her happiness with you. Then, let her decide."

"That's what my other best friend told me. Let her decide on her own who is she going to choose."

"Yup. That's the only way."

"Should I tell that bro of mine she's currently dating that I dated her before?"

"I would recommend you tell him after she chooses. If she chooses you, tell him. If she didn't, don't tell him yet. Probably tell him six months after her decision."

"Why wait?"

"You would be scarred after the decision, you know. You need to heal first, accept the truth first. Then, once the wound healed, you tell him. No more hard feelings then."

"Wow. You're like a love guru."

"No, bro. It's just based on experience too."

"You had the same experience as me?"

"No. In your case, I had the same experience as your bro."

"Who did she choose?"

"My bro. Her ex, I mean."

"Oh. I'm-- I'm sorry, man."

"Nah. It's okay. I am already happy with someone else now. But, anyway, look on the bright side, my ex chose her ex instead of me. So basically, there could really be a chance she'll be choosing you too against your best friend."

"Thanks, man. Thanks for all the advice. You really did lift my mood."

"Glad I helped. Feel free to drop by here anytime."

"Sadly, I don't live here just yet. I'm from Seoul.

"Whoa. You went all the way here just to drink?"

I chuckled, "You can put it that way. But, I would definitely be a regular here if I failed on getting her back."

He chuckled too, "Alright. I'm not looking forward to meeting you here again then."

"Yeah. Thanks, man. Can I ask for your name, though?"

He smiled at me, "The name's Rap Monster."

"Wow. That's uhhmm... a very unique name."

He chuckled, "It's my alias since I was a kid. I never bother to tell anyone of my real name. So, what's your name?"

"Taeyeon."

"Nice to meet you, bro."

"Nice to meet you too."

 

 

---

 

 

My head ing hurts. I woke up in somewhat an apartment room. It's already 10 AM.

"Good. You're awake." a woman said who just came out of the bathroom. I took a good look at her face. It was Sunny, my ex-girlfriend.

I sat up. "Hey."

"Hey." she said back then busied herself fixing her makeup in front of the mirror.

"Why are you here in Busan?"

"What are you talking about? You're here in Seoul, my apartment in Gwangjin."

"Oh. Last time I remember I was at a bar in Busan. How did I get here?"

"I don't know. You just popped up in my front door."

I finally noticed I am completely under the sheet. "Did something happen between us?"

"Hmmm. Yes, I guess." She chuckled as she turned to look at me. "You were too drunk. You said you wanted to have with me so yeah, I just agreed. I am kind of missing us together, you know."

"I see... Sorry, I took advantage of you, Sunny."

"No worries. I wouldn't mind if you would do it more often, though." she said and winked at me. She went back to fixing herself in front of the mirror. "So, why are you in your drunkard mode?"

"I did what you told me. I told Jessica my feelings for her and she turned me down."

"Classic Jessica. What did she say?"

"She said I am already two years late on confessing my real feelings."

"Hmmm. That is soooo Jessica. See, Taeng? I told you she's a damn real heartbreaker. What are your plans then?"

"Are you seriously okay to have a conversation about Jessica?"

She chuckled, "Well, you got me in a good mood. You didn't moan her name last night. You just moaned mine. So, we're good."

"I see..."

"So? The plan?"

"I'm still getting her back."

She was done on her makeup. She turned to face me, crossing her arms. "Are you serious?"

"I think so. Jessica didn't really turn me down blatantly."

"Isn't that already blunt enough?"

"I want her to tell me straight that she no longer loves me. That's the blatant answer that I want."

She sighed deeply, "Okay, if you say so. Anyway, I gotta go. I still have filming to finish up."

"So, uhhhmmm... I'm actually still hurting on her turn down so..."

She laughed, "And you're feeling lonely?"

"Sort of?"

"You can come back tonight if you want."

"Great. Uhhmmm... I'll just be around the corner."

She threw me her spare key. "Just come in straight. You can just wait here inside."

"Thanks, Sunny."

"No worries."

 

 


---

 

 


For straight two days, I had a little partnership with Sunny. She told me she just broke up with her recent boyfriend after me so she needed this rebound too. It's a win-win for both of us.

It's Friday in the afternoon. I decided to have a little snack at a small canteen near her place while waiting for her. However, I couldn't help but notice the five suspicious-looking guys occupying another table at this canteen. I happened to eavesdrop and lip-read on their conversation.

'Wakka', one guy said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter