Yoong XVI - Failures

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mister Im. So you're telling me, you shared all those things about your beloved, Jessica, is because for me to give an evaluation about her and not about you?" my psychiatrist, Lee Jin, said to me.

"Yes." I answered.

"But you do know enough you are the patient who is actually here in my office now, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Let me clear this up with you. What I can give you is just merely my thoughts about her and the situation. Because basically, I only know the facts from your perspective and I have not seen nor talked to her yet."

"Yeah. I know that."

"In conclusion, this will just be nothing but an opinion."

I smiled at her, "Isn't this the point of having doctor consultations? Giving opinions?"

She looked at me boringly, "Mister Im. I know that you do know what I really want to say to you."

"I am aware,  Miss Lee. I promise I will not take this against you. I just wanted to understand why and how I should deal with the same situation in the future. I have to be honest with you. I am becoming more ill-tempered lately."

She then chuckled and smiled at me, "You are a very smart guy, Mister Im. You see, you are already aware there's a change of behavior in you and you are acknowledging that. Why are you still signing up for this kind of session then?"

"Please stop diverting the topic. Come on."

She then sighed in defeat, "Alright. Here's my opinion. I think why Jessica decided to walk away from you again is because she listens to her mind more and not to her heart."

"You mean... she really does love me back?"

"Yes. But her mind says she doesn't want to fall in love with you."

"Why?"

"She's afraid she'll return to the same situation she had with her ex."

"But I will never hurt her."

"It's not about you hurting her. It's about her ending up being forced to a choice of something else over her happiness. What happened with her and her ex had left her no option but to accept the fact that the relationship was over. There was no way for her to do something to fix it up. Worse, when she tried to, she lost her everything. So now, she's just guarding her heart."

"But that guy was an for hurting her. In the first place, that situation will never happen between me and her."

"The way I see the situation based on how she told you her past is that... that guy was truly in love with her. What I can see is, he may just be forced to leave her too. Mister Im, I understand you are hating that ex of hers because of what happened. But for me, I think he just got no choice as well."

I chuckled, "Now, why you sounded like you're defending that guy on me?"

"I am not. What I am saying is, you could fall in the same situation too and you'll leave with no option but to break her heart. So, this isn't exactly about you making a vow you will never hurt her. It's more about the circumstances around. That's what she really is afraid of."

"Should I... should I crawl myself slowly back to her heart again?"

"It's not about how slow or fast you are too, Mister Im. The ball is on her side and not on you. Even if you'll be at a slower pace, the end would always be the same. The way I see it, there's really nothing you can do. It's all on her."

 

 


---

 

 


And that was like a big slap on my face. Even my psychiatrist thinks it's a dead-end for my affection for Jessica. I guess I can just kill this aspiration of mine.

I shouldn't have asked for us to date again. She got scared again. I sighed deeply. I became impatient again. But, I think my psychiatrist makes a valid point. It wasn't about my pace.

What happened exactly? Apparently, Jessica and I ended up having 'accidentally' days before Christmas. I took it as my starting point to capture her heart again. Then, I asked her out during the New Year's Eve and she said yes, like back on 'officially dating' game. It was a backward move, right? And yet that is what has scared her. It's weird, I know.

It then ended one night when we decided to sleep beside each other, like literally just beside each other. It was the same as the last time we did at her apartment more than a year ago. The next day, she cut off our ties again. 

To be honest with you, I've seen this coming. I really did. It's still painful but not as painful as before, though.

Anyway, since this situation between me and Jessica has become a dead-end, I actually had a chance to see the current situation outside my life. With that I mean, the rest of our friends.

Last week, a scandal has erupted at school which involved Tiffany-noona and Sooyoung. That particular day it erupted, I stumbled across Yuri-hyung. He was totally hesitant of it being true despite the obvious that the video and pictures are no way edited. He even thought I was just pranking him about it.

I had a chance to talk to him about the scandal. But it seemed he didn't really take into consideration my advice at all. Instead, throughout the days passed, he seemed to have pretended the scandal didn't exist. He and Tiffany-noona were like back to normal. It's like I can see in him that he believes it happened but denies it inside his heart. It's like he doesn't want this scandal to destroy their relationship.

Well... I would probably have done the same thing. It could just be an accident, I don't know... There still could be a possible reason out there that could explain this. I know Tiffany-noona loves Yuri-hyung. I felt that throughout the whole time I see them together. It was genuine and pure love. 


All of a sudden, though, I got a call from him. "Hello, This is Im, speaking." I said.

"Hey. It's me, Yuri."

"I know. I'm just trying out some formalities here." I chuckled.

"Yeah right... Can I ask for a favor?"

"Uhhh- sure."

"Can you tell Professor Kang I will take a leave today?"

"Why?"

"Sunkyu wouldn't come out from his room."

"Why? What happened?"

"Well... He was mad at me because Tiffany's not here."

"I don't see his point of getting mad."

He then took a deep breath then told me, "She left, like permanently. We broke up."

"What?!"

"We already broke up."

"WHAT?!"

"I said we already broke up!"

"I know. I heard you. It's just... WHAT?!"

"Yoong, I'm hanging up."

"No, no, no! Wait. But why did you do that?"

"What why? Aren't you the one who told me to break up with her?"

"No, that's not what I told you. I said you should at least consider to find out what really happened and don't pretend like it's nothing at all. Don't be blind. I didn't say you should throw her away."

He groaned, "Now, you're making me feel guiltier on this!"

"Hyung, you know what you did? You just threw the big fish you caught right back to the pond. Seriously, you won't find someone else better than Tiffany-noona for you."

"Let's stop talking about her now."

"I'll drop by at your house later, okay. You seriously need a knock on the head." I said and ended the call. 

I really couldn't believe this is happening to Yuri-hyung and Tiffany-noona. Their love for each other was so pure! So freaking pure, sweet, romantic and full of happiness! No one could have ever seen this coming.

But yeah... right. Sooyoung. I am aware he always had this big crush on Tiffany-noona. Knowing him for years, I couldn't believe he'll be doing something like this. Like, throw away his friendship with Yuri-hyung. I know they have been best friends since they were fourteen or fifteen years old. That's very long years of friendship just to throw away by deliberately stealing his best frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter