Jessica XVIII - Ingress

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure Tiffany will not be here?" Yuri asked me.

I looked at him boringly, "Yul, how many times do you want me to answer your question?"

"I am just trying to make sure, Sica."

"Trust me. Unless you can tell me why on Earth would Tiffany stumble into a rock concert."

He sighed in defeat, "Okay. I guess you are right. I hope she won't pop up out of nowhere. I don't want her to be seen by Sunkyu."

Three months have passed since Sooyoung's birthday celebration at the beach. The group was still divided and has never hung out together throughout the whole time. It's only me and Yuri the whole time since we're both members of Nothingness. We have many gigs lately.

Yuri has also sort of devoted himself in winning bunch of inter-universities quiz bees, contests and even sports games. He's been telling me that this is the gesture he wanted to return to Se Kyung University since the school has been paying for his tuition fees and giving him generous study allowance every month too. It was the same for Yoong. I bet the university is actually really feeling lucky to have these two around and boost up the school's reputation.

Nothing new with me. Still living my damned life waiting for my death. Yes, while managing our family business on the side. 

And yes. Yuri and I are still dating... Fake-dating, right...

His reason was to push Tiffany away and for her to completely move on. And silly me, I said yes. I know I am not supposed to say yes but come on. Yuri is actually a very handsome guy. And when a handsome guy like him will pull an aegyo on you, you'll melt and just say yes. That's what happened to me.

Besides, just after a day we started it, I accidentally spilled it out to my bestie. Yeah, we have secretly reconciled during Sooyoung's birthday at his private beach resort and we didn't tell anyone until now. We're just secretly hanging out during the past months. We're supposed to pull in Hyoyeon on our secret hangouts too but then that woman is freaking missing-in-action all the time. I think she's been trying to avoid us.

Anyway, tonight is one of the concert nights we've been looking forward to. This one has a larger audience, thus, more recognition and fees for us.

Amber, our fellow band member, asked us, "Are you guys, ready? Dracula will be done in ten minutes."

"Yeah." we both answered.

Soon, three kids came in the backstage. "Appa!" Sunkyu shouted gloomily as he approached us with his friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Good luck in there."

"Thanks, Kyu." he knelt and they both shared a hug.

"How about me, Kyu?" I asked. I leaned to him and hugged me too.

"Make sure you rock, Sica-noona, Yuri-appa." He then made a rock n' roll sign on his hand along with his two friends. I sighed. Such freaking cute kids.

It was then our band's turn to perform at the rock covers concert. Yuri and I took turns in vocals. We performed two songs each. I am actually surprised about one of Yuri's song choices which is 'Your Sword Versus My Dagger' by Silverstein. I didn't realize Yuri could actually growl. Nonetheless, it was a great performance. We received warm recognition from the audience. Yuri's addition to the band actually helped boost our popularity even more.

After the concert was done, we were approached by a stranger wearing a suit and tie at the backstage. "Nothingness! I'm a big fan." He said as he shook all our hands. "I am Ok Seulyeon, talent manager in HM Entertainment."

"A mournful night." we greeted.

"Err—a mournful night."  he greeted back awkwardly. "Anyway, I've been watching your performances over the months and I say, I really do see potential in your group. Here's my business card." He handed it to me. "Let me know if you would be willing to pursue a bigger audience.  With HM being a gigantic entertainment company, we can assure you global recognition."

"Thank you for the opportunity, Mister Ok. We'll discuss this first then get back to you."

"Alright. No worries. Looking forward to hearing from you soon." He bid farewell then left.

"This is wonderful." Chansung said blandly.

Amber then added, "We can finally move out from the indie scene."

"I'm afraid I won't be able to join you guys on it, in case we go mainstream." I said.

"Why?"

"Still studying full time and tied up on my father's errands. It won't help too in case the media will find out I am a daughter of a convict."

"Okay." Amber then asked Yuri, "How about you?"

"I don't have plans to stop on my studies too. Maybe after three years if the offer is still on the table, I can try and join."

Chansung then responded, "I see... If you two will not proceed then we won't."

Yuri suggested, "You can try look for new members? I can try and ask Taeyeon if he's open to it. That friend of mine is actually pretty damn good at singing. Maybe he'll be okay with it."

"That's great then. I guess we can try and ask him. If he's not okay with it, probably we'll stay in the indie scene then. Are you guys okay still in indie?"

"Fine with me." I said.

"Me too." Yuri responded as well.

Suddenly, we heard someone called us, "Yuri-hyung! Jessica... Jessica-noona!" It was Yoong along with Tiffany and Taeyeon.

Uh-oh.

Yuri looked at me boringly, "You said there's an unlikely chance she'll be here."

"I guess I never knew my best friend after all."

He sighed and mumbled, "Damn it, Jessica."

"Come along. Let's greet them for courtesy."

As the four of us headed towards them, Yoong and Taeyeon started to wrestle. Probably the shorter guy teased the taller goofy one.

"Guys stop!" Tiffany said as we finally got closer to them.
 
"A mournful night, guys." Yuri and I greeted.

Yoong and Taeyeon stopped on their little fight and just stood still. "H-Hi?" the three greeted awkwardly.

"You guys were really awesome there, Yuri-hyung, Jessica-noona. You both looked good together too. It's like you're really meant for each other." Yoong said sounding so much bitterly.

I clung on Yuri's arm and smiled at him, "Thank you. I never thought you guys will come to watch the concert."

"We never thought you guys are going to perform here anyway. By the way, nice choice of song... you, both of you." Taeyeon said.

"Thanks." Yuri said. He then glanced at Tiffany then looked away.

"That was my favorite. It's obviously what I really felt from the guy who destroyed my life." I said. Yup. I am starting again on my bickering against Taeyeon. My song was 'Going Under' by Evanescence, by the way.

I don't know why, though. It kind of feels like my week isn't complete without single bickering with him. It's like it's already part of my routine.

"Appa!" Sunkyu called out from afar. Omo. Yuri's going to kill me. He's going to find out Tiffany wasn't really kidnapped by the Dark Lord. Aigoo...

He ran towards us along with his two friends, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Yuri looked at him shockingly.

"You're really so awesome there, appa. You ruled them all. You're the best." he said blandly. Good kid. Pulls off the Gothic lifestyle even better than me.

"Errrr- Thank you, Kyu. Let's go." He pushed Kyu away but the latter refused and looked back at the rest of us. His bland expression turned into horror as soon as he noticed his mother, "UMMA?!"

"H-hey."

"Umma?!" He ran towards Tiffany and touched her hand. "Is this true?! You're here?! What happened to the Dark Lord?! How did you escape from him?!"

"What do you-" she suddenly stopped and looked at Yuri. Then, she looked back to her son, "Kyu, listen. I wasn't kidnapped by the Dark Lord."

"Huh? But appa said you were."

"Sunkyu let's go."

Yuri tried to grab his arm but he refused."No appa. Why?! Why did you lie to me?!"

"I-"

The kid looked back to his mom, "Umma, why did you leave me? Don't you love me anymore?!"

She knelt and caressed his cheek. "Sweetie, I love you so much. It's just that I really have to leave."

"You didn't even tell me and you just left me like that?!"

"Kyu- I didn't mean to hide from you. I'm just fixing some things out for now."

"You're a liar. You're all liars! I hate all of you!" Sunkyu swatted her hand and started to run away.

"Sunkyu, wait!" we all tried to follow him but then he vanished in the crowd.

I asked for the concert admin to clear out the area and also sought for their help on searching him. We were unable to do so. The anxiety had Yuri and Tiffany started to pit against each other.

"This is all your fault, Yuri. Why did you have to lie to him?!" Tiffany said.

"Now it's my fault? Didn't I tell you to stay?! But what did you do? You left us! You had me no choice but to lie!" he said back.

"You broke up with me then you wanted me to stay. Tell me an insane person that will agree to that?!"

"Yeah right. As if you really wanted to stay. I forgot that you're too happy with your new boyfriend now, right?"

"What? So you're saying I wasn't serious on you at all? Do you think I never loved you?!"

"Isn't that how it was?! You always think of that prince of yours. Now that you found him, you threw me away. You never loved me at all!"

"You're the one who pushed me to him! You're the one who never loved me!"

"You think I will just do that if you didn't want that too?!"

"What the- You're deciding on what I want now too?!"

"Guys! Stop! Arguing isn't going to help us find him!" Yoong shouted.

I seconded, "Yoong's right. He's probably just near. Let's all split up."

We were done checking the whole concert venue yet we still failed. Taeyeon suggested, "I think we all need to split up into smaller groups and search outside the area." He then commanded, "Yuri and Tiff, first group. Yoong and Jessica, second. I'll go look around alone. I don't want to hear complaints from anyone of you. Let's go."

We then settled which group would go on a specific path, Yoong and I were assigned in the south of the area. We were so busy looking, I guess, that we didn't engage in even a single conversation.

 

A few moments later, he received a message from Taeyeon. "Taeyeon-hyung said he asked for Soo's help too." he uttered. "He said they stumbled into Yuri-hyung and Tiffany-noona too."

"Oh. Did a fight happen?"

"Yeah. That's what he said. Sooyoung and Yuri-hyung almost killed each other."

"Sunkyu's gone and they still have the appetite to fight?" I sighed deeply, "Seriously, how are we going to find Sunkyu? I am really getting worried and worried."

"Hey. It's alright. I'm sure he's going to be okay."

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have blurted out on him about the concert."

"It won't always be your fault, okay. There is no one to blame."

I stopped walking as I noticed a group of thugs. Yoong happened to stop too and looked at where I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter