Jessica V - Fastened

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes. It was a very nice sleep. It has been so long since I had a nice one. No nightmares. And, I think it was already late afternoon judging from the color of the sky as I looked at the window.

I then realized something. I quickly bolted up. Was it just a dream? Was he just a dream? Am I just hallucinating earlier?

I then noticed that everything was so clean. The floor, you couldn't even see a speck of single dust. The ceiling was so white. My blood that has dried up on the walls of my room were all gone too. All white and so clean. Not to mention, my bed as well. My bed sheet and quilt were changed from the dirty ones to now clean light blue sheets.

Am I in an alternate universe?

I then smelled a roasted chicken. My stomach suddenly growled. I felt so hungry. I got out of bed and opened the door. Again, I was in flabbergast. Everything was so squeaky clean. The bottles and shattered glasses were gone as well. It's like the place was back to its normal clean state when I first arrived here.

Did the time reset?

I then noticed by the door a guy attending to a delivery man. So, that was where the nice smell of food came from...

"Thanks. Have a nice day, bud." he said. Then, as he closed the door and turned, he noticed me, "Great. You're finally awake."

It was him. The guy with an angelic face.

"Let's eat." he said. He went to the dining table and had it set up with the food he ordered. "Sorry about my outfit. I just needed to wear all these things. The cleaning was so challenging, you know. I need to protect myself from possible harm."

I chuckled a little. I quickly hid my smile from him. Apparently, he was wearing an ahjumma apron and pink rubber gloves for cleaning. He's also wearing a headband probably to avoid his hair from getting to his eyes as he cleans. My mind then started to drift to stupid and silly delusions... Damn it, Jessica. Stop.

"Don't tell me you find me handsome on this, huh?" he said, snapping me out. Then, he teased, "Do you imagine me as your loving house husband now?" he said as he removed them one by one.

I blushed. I quickly looked away. "Shut up."

He occupied one of the chairs. "Come on. Take a seat." he offered.

I sat on the chair opposite his. Then, he started serving me food and Coke Light. The food he ordered was garlic cheese roast chicken with mashed potato and fries. There were Fettuccini Alfredo and Margherita pizza too. Such tasty comfort food.

"Hmmmmmmm~" he mumbled as he closed his eyes. "Smells so good." Then, he started eating. He actually ordered lots. Like, it was probably ten portions. And he eats a lot. Like, so much a lot. And he doesn't even care if he looks silly while eating all this food.

"Come on. Eat." he said then munched the chicken leg he was holding. He made the food looked delicious as he ate. So, then, I was tempted and started to eat too. It had me closed my eyes and mumble too. The food was good. So really good.

"If you wanna know the place where I ordered this, it's from Restaurante de Eduardo Guezo. Sometimes, I go there alone then eat."

I looked at him. Why alone?

"I don't want to take someone there yet, you know. It's such a freaking romantic place. I am hoping that the woman who I would take there someday would be the one that I am going to marry."

Did he-- Did he just read my mind?

Wait. Could it be that he's just a figment of my imagination now? Right. Maybe I snapped out and started to clean everything myself and ordered all these food myself. Right. I am just imagining him right in front of me.

I slapped my face hard on the cheek. I winced in pain. Damn heck. So, this is real?!

"What are you doing?" he asked with his large round eyes of pure innocence again.

"Why are you here?" I asked instead.

"You told me you don't want me to go."

"What? I never said that."

"But, you did. You really did. You said..." Then, he acted in a high-pitched tone. "Don't go, please don't leave me. I don't want to be alone."

This guy... he really knows how to annoy me. He may be handsome, alright, but he's so damn getting on my nerves.

I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath again. "Go after you eat. And don't ever come back here."

"After I eat? Alright." he said. I looked at him. And you know what he did? He freaking ate his food in a very much slower pace! He was even acting out in slow motion!

"You are really getting on my nerves! If you will not eat at a normal pace, I swear I'm gonna call the police and complain about you for trespassing!"

"Yah. This is my normal pace. I don't want to upset my stomach, you know. I mean, come on." Then, he placed his hand on his back as if acting he was hurt. "My body even ached a lot from cleaning your whole apartment. And your bathroom? Seriously, you're worse than a man."

"No one told you to clean my apartment!"

"No, you told me that when you were mumbling while asleep. You said, 'Please clean my apartment, jagiya'."

"Did I really say all those things or you just made those up?"

He smiled, "Yeah, you got me. The last one was a lie. But, I swear, you really told me not to leave you alone. But, what do you expect me to do? Your place is reeking so I just couldn't help but clean."

I sighed in defeat, "Fine. Just stop talking."

And he did stop. We just continued to eat silently. After a few minutes of silence, though, he asked, "So, mind telling me your name?"

I didn't answer.

"Come on. At least, tell me your name."

"If I tell you my name, will you leave me alone from now on?"

"No."

I glared at him, "Then, no."

"Okay."

It was silence. Yet, after a few minutes again, he asked, "So, what's your name?"

"You're never gonna stop, aren't you?"

"Nope."

"Fine. Tell me your name first."

"I'm Yoong."

That had me startled.

Yoong? Really?

Was he the same guy my dad almost had me arranged with? Was he the same guy who was friends with my ex-boyfriend?

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I didn't answer. Instead, I just continued to stare at his face. Wait. I think... I think I really have seen him before too. Where was it? When was it? We really did meet before, I am sure.

"You know, you're creeping me out." he said. Then, he started to look serious. There it is. That face. That serious face. I remember that. When was it? Where was it?

"I'm sorry, by the way." he uttered sincerely. "I know I shouldn't have trespassed in your property and made myself comfortable here."

I couldn't respond.

"So, can you tell me your name now? Look. I just really want to know your name and that's it."

"There's no reason for you to know my name. I'm gonna die soon, anyway. After this meal, I'm going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter