Yoong XVIII - Truth

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was taken by the police to Anseong prison, the largest prison in the country. I was retained initially in an interrogation room. Soon, Yuri-hyung has arrived too.

My hunch was right. This is all about the CCTV hacking Yuri-hyung, Jessica and I did just to track Tiffany-noona's whereabouts during her abduction.

It turned out, Yuri-hyung and I were caught by another CCTV camera in Nakseongdae which have captured Yuri-hyung and me. I was too late when I noticed that but still have Jessica not be captured by the footage.

The police told us it will be three years of imprisonment for both of us. I trust my father he could bail us out and have ensured it to Yuri-hyung. Unfortunately, we were taken on a Saturday, and bailing out is impossible during the weekends. My father is out of the country and will be back next week too.

It was even worse that, General Seo Hankyung, Joohyun's father and is also the military general of the country, was the one behind this. He never forgave me for backing out on my engagement with his daughter.

 

At the very moment we got in, we have become a subject of multiple beatings. Well, the other prisoners seem to have a habit of bullying newly admitted ones. Thus, we were no exceptions. Nonetheless, we fought back eventually. Even with us fighting back, the bullying continued, though.

It was only almost night time when the commotion ceased. With that, I had a chance to finally admit to Yuri-hyung about the truth between me and Joohyun. Well, as far as everyone knows, Yuri-hyung was the reason why Joohyun and I broke up. But the truth is, yeah, it was all my fault. I cheated on her so many freaking times. He was furious about it at first. Then, I got nothing but silent treatment afterward.

"Hyung." I called, attempting to break the ice.

"..."

"Are you still mad at me?"

"..."

"About... you know... Joohyun?"

He sighed deeply, "Seriously, Yoong. What was wrong with you and you did that to her?"

"What do you mean?"

"Joohyun was a very nice girl, I mean before when she started this stupid and silly kidnapping. Why did you hurt her so much?"

"You do know my past, hyung. I already told you I was freaking depressed years ago. That was because I was thinking my life had no purpose. That's why I even dragged down my relationship with her too."

"You should have told her what you wanted or maybe just break up with her or something. Three years of cheating? Really?"

I sighed, "I was not myself before and you do know that. My mind was directionless. I know I don't have the right to justify my actions but... man. I was so lost. You guys and Jessica just straightened me up."

"Fine. I get it. Just... Just don't ing do the same on Jessica or I will kill you."

I chuckled, "You kidding me? Me? Will cheat on Jessica? Stop saying impossible stuff, hyung."

"Well... Even the kindest person on Earth could even sin."

"Why would I freaking cheat on her?"

"I don't know. I've seen the same situation before and there was no exact explanation why." He looked away and just stared over nothingness.

I know who Yuri-hyung is pertaining to. I know he knows something. I know everyone knows something and it's like they're all pretending in front of me.

"Hyung." I called again.

"Yeah?"

"You're never going to lie to me, right? You will always tell me the truth, right?"

"Yes. You'll do the same for me, right? Always tell me the truth?"

"Yes."

He smiled faintly, "Good."

"I want to ask you something then."

"Sure."

"Is Taeyeon-hyung... Jessica's ex?"

He didn't answer and just looked away again.

"Was he the one who broke her heart?"

"..."

"Hyung." I forced a chuckle. "Why hide? I mean, if you know something, you can just tell me."

"..."

"Is it because you think I'm gonna be mad?"

He finally looked back to me, "If you will finally get to meet that person who broke her heart. What will you do?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'll thank him because if it wasn't because of him, Sica and I won't be together now."

He smiled again, "Glad you're seeing it that way."

"So? Is my hunch right?"

"Since when did you feel it?"

"Since the start of Sophomore year, I guess."

"Wow. That long and you never asked him if he was her ex?"

"Why are you not answering me straight?"

"You tell me first. Why you never asked your Taeyeon-hyung about your hunch?"

I looked away. "I don't know... I just... I just don't want that fact to get in between me and Tae-hyung. At that time, I was still heartbroken... Jessica shut me down before and told me she was still in love with her ex. I guess that heartbreak still lingered inside me during that time. I don't want another heartbreak knowing it's Taeyeon-hyung who I am against. I mean... I would never want that. I don't want to have the same fight as what you and Sooyoung had."

"Then, why do you want to ask now?"

"..."

"Is it because you're together with Jessica now? You wanted to protect what's yours or something?"

"What the freaking hell are you talking about?"

"Are you seeing Taeyeon as a threat to your relationship with her?"

"..."

"Yoong. It's only the two of us now. If we're gonna be stuck here for three years, at least we can share the things we think of too. There's no harm."

I guess he's right. I sighed deeply. "The reason why I am asking now is, I wanted it to make sense in my head. Remember when Jessica ran towards that warehouse? Taeyeon-hyung rushed for her. And he freaking outran the both of us. We all do know he's the slowest runner out of all of us four. He's always the one getting left behind during our mission heists and we always just come back to get him."

He chuckled, "Yeah. Classic Taeng. Always the funny one."

I chuckled too, "And that one time Sooyoung had no choice but to carry him on his back because he got freaking short limbs."

He laughed loudly, "Taeng was just messing around that time. I remember his freaking goofy face when he got what he wanted. A freaking piggyback ride from almighty Sooyoung."

"Yeah. Taeyeon-hyung will always be the most random one."

"Yeah..."

We both sighed.

"See my point?" I said.

"Yeah, I was actually shocked that time."

"And not only that... When I finally reached them, I saw in his eyes how much he cares for her. He is willing to risk his life just to save her."

"Well... platonically, I would do the same for Jessica too."

"I know. I would do the same for Fany-noona too. But that one?" I looked away. "It felt so different for me."

"It's the same way you look at her, isn't it?"

I sighed again, "Yeah... I just... I just wanted to understand why. I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter