Taeyeon XIII - Conclusion

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes. I am lying on a bed in a room I am unfamiliar of. It seemed to be a hotel suite. I noticed Jessica lying prone beside me. She's sleeping soundly with her facing away. Hmmm. I guess we started our anniversary quite early. 

I chuckled from the thought. I moved closer to her and kissed her bare shoulder and then her nape. "Good morning, my sweet love." I said.

"Mmmm..." I heard her mumble.

"Wake up, my sleepy princess." I kissed her shoulder again. With that, she turned her head.

I was shocked. I bolted up in horror. The girl right beside me was not Jessica.

I then happened to turn my head to the bedroom door of the hotel suite. Jessica was there standing in so much shock while tears were falling from her eyes.

My heartbeat suddenly accelerated. I felt like I am having a panic attack as I started to tremble.

"J-Jessica-- it's n-not w-what you t-think---" I couldn't get a hold of myself due to the attack I'm experiencing. I stumblingly stood up. I was completely so I tried to just even wear just my undergarment. "J-J-Jessica--- t-this-t-this is not-- I---"

I tried to get near her but she took a few steps back. "Don't come near me." she uttered, still in tears. She's looking at me in so much hatred and disgust.

"S-Sica, L-let mme e-xplain."

I tried to get near her again. But with that, she ran away and left the place. I walked out of the bedroom and called her name, "Jessica!" The attack I'm having intensified. This time I'm hyperventilating. I stumbled on the floor near the couch. I am running out of breath.

"Oh my God, what happened to you?!" I heard the woman who was with me shouted. She went near me and tried to calm me down.

I closed my eyes. I breathed deeply to calm myself down. 

Happy place.

Happy place.

Happy place.

Happy place.

Jessica.

Jessica.

Jessica.

I took a deep breath again.

 

Jessica.

 

I opened my eyes.

"Good. You're calmed down. I thought you were having a heart attack." the woman sighed deeply. Then, she stood up and started to wear her clothes.

"Did something happen between us?" I asked.

"Yes." She then giggled. "I swear I really enjoyed our night, Taengoo." She chuckled, "That's what you wanted me to call you last night."

Then, when she's finally done, she headed for the way out. I quickly crawled and nudged her hand while kneeling. "P-please. Please help me explain to her."

"Explain to her what? The crazy things we did last night?" She then tapped my cheek. "I have to go. I really enjoyed the night." 

Then, she left me in the suite alone.

I suddenly felt lifeless.

I hurt Jessica. I had her hurt so much. I made her cry.

This... How could this happen?

Why I couldn't remember a thing?

 

 

---

 

 


For two days, I tried to call her through her phone number many times. Yet, she's unreachable. I kept on visiting their residence. Yet, her mom always tells me she's not at home. I went to her school too, but still no avail.

Now, I am reminded of that moment. Her, crying while looking at me in full of hate. The pain has struck me again.

I started to lose hope. She might not want to talk to me anymore. I guess she really hates me so much now.


As I wandered on the street in the downtown, subconsciously, I ended up in the red light district area. It was when I saw the woman I spent the night with. She was there standing by the smoking area and was enjoying her cigarette.

I went to her. She was then shocked from seeing me and then quickly started to leave. "Ji-eun, where are you going?" one of the women said.

She ignored them and just continued to walk briskly away. I quickly followed her. "Wait, Miss Ji-eun, please."

"Leave me alone." she said.

"Please. Let's talk. Just spare me a few minutes of your time."

She finally stopped walking. She turned to face me. "What is it?"

"Please. Please let me know what happened." I looked down. I couldn't help but shed tears. "Please let me know. Please let me understand how did we end up spending the night."

It was a long silence. Afterwards, I heard a long sigh from her. "Alright. Let's go somewhere first where no one can see us."

 


We hid in one of the alleys of the area. She started with a sigh, "You really love her that much, huh?"

"Yes. Please. I don't want to lose her. She's all my life now. I cannot afford to lose her. I will not be able to take it."

"Yeah. I can sense that. I thought you almost died from your panic attack the other day. Don't you think you should have that checked?"

I ignored her question and pleaded, "Please. Tell me what happened."

She sighed deeply again. "I wonder why she hated you that much... You seemed to be a good guy."

I looked at her. "Who hated me?"

She smiled apologetically. "I'm really so sorry about this." She sighed again then said, "To tell you the truth, I was just ordered by someone to spend the night with you. It was a complete frame up to make you be in a bad position on your relationship with that girl.

I slipped drugs in your drink when you ordered coffee to take out that day and her guards helped me transport you to that hotel suite. You were so much hallucinating due to the drug so we ended up having ."

"B-but--- who would set me up? Why would that someone do that?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Please. Please tell me who."

She sighed again and mumbled, "She's really gonna kill me for this..."

"Please." I pleaded again in desperation. "Please, tell me."

"Anna. Anna Jung."

 

 

---

 

 

I immediately went to the Jung residence. I rang the doorbell as many times as I could. "Are you trying to destroy our doorbell?!" Anna Jung shouted from the inside.

"Please, Ms. Anna. Let's talk."

"Jessica's not here! How many times do you want me to tell you that?!"

"I came here to talk to you, Ms. Anna. Please. I'm begging you. Please." I continued to cry. "Please. Let's talk. Please."

She then opened the door. I followed her inside. "What do you want to talk about?" she asked. She then sat on the couch and pulled out a magazine and busied herself reading it.

"Ji-eun told me the truth."

"I don't know who that person is."

I continued, "She said it was a complete frame-up. You set me up to hurt Jessica."

"Great." She sighed deeply. "My daughter was running back here, crying her heart out and saying you cheated on her. You hurt my daughter so much. And now that you couldn't do anything to save yourself up, you decided to blame me over what happened? Why are you faulting me of your horrible earthly desires?"

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter