Yoong V - Pact

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This chapter is a shoutout to Chapter 4 of "A Detour to Destiny", Tiffany's golden question, quote: "Why are all these handsome guys altogether? Did they just magically became all friends with each other because they're filthy rich and then stromed a public university like this to woo girls?"

Tsk tsk. It's such a shame I will not be able to write here Jessica's frustration on Tiffany's cutey naiveness in RSDTD. So sad, this is only a prequel. :(

But, yeah, enjoy another update for today. Ciao!

 

 

 

 

 

"Mister Im, I can say you have improved tremendously." my psychiatrist, Lee Jin, said to me.

"Thank you, Miss Lee."

"I think we can now reduce the number of sessions you'd need after this. You can just visit for at least once a quarter." She then smiled at me. "I am really impressed with your improvement over the past three months. It's like you don't need help from me at all now, actually." she said then chuckled.

"You've been very helpful to me. If there is one to take credit, it would be you and your excellence at your profession."

"And as always, you know the right words." she reached for my backhand and gently caressed it with her fingers. She was biting her lip lightly as she stared at me too.

I am not really that oblivious when it comes to women hitting on me. I can sense a woman is flirting with me right in an instant. And I say, this one. Hmmm...

 

 


---

 

 


"Why are you requesting for a change of psychiatrist, Yoong?" my father, Im Minhyuk, asked as soon as I got inside his study room at home the next day.

"Complications, dad." I said then sat on the couch in front of his desk.

"What complications exactly?"

I grinned at him, "I slept with her yesterday."

"Oh..." He then nodded repeatedly as he transcended to his thoughts. "I see..."
 
I already told my parents about my horrible habits and addiction immediately after I got back home from my last encounter with Kwon Yuri. At first, they couldn't believe anything about everything I confessed to them. It was only until when my drug test came out that they actually started to believe me.

My parents didn't actually know how to punish me on everything that I did. I think it's more of they are contemplating on the fact that they don't have a reason to. Well, as you've noticed, I was never a problem child to them. So, in the end, they just settled with me undergoing psych sessions and drug rehabilitation program.

"Should I get a male doctor this time?" he asked.

"Nope."

"Well, I wouldn't want to risk you sleeping with your doctor again, Yoong." He then squinted his eyes at me. "How many times did you sleep with Doctor Lee again?"

"It was only yesterday, dad."

Still, he looked at me quizzically.

I sighed in defeat, "Three out of six sessions I had with her. The last three, specifically."

"You dawg!" he said while grinning at me. "Nice."

My mom, Hana, suddenly shouted from the hall, "Yah, Minhyuk!" She went inside the study room and stood beside dad's desk while glaring at him. "How could you tolerate him with his habits?"

"Oh come on, Hana. Our son's a man. He got needs."

I nodded as I smiled 'innocently' at her, "Yes, mom. I can't exactly stop on this right away. It takes a very long process for me to completely get over on this particular habit."

She glared at me, "You freaking also slept with your doctor at the rehab the other day!"

"How did you know?" dad asked.

"Duh! I went there and heard the nurses gossiping about it!"

"Mom." I called and stood up. I hugged her from the side. "Please, don't get mad at me. What can I do? They were throwing themselves at me. I cannot exactly refuse or else, that will be rude. I don't want to break their hearts."

"Shut the freaking hell up! You think you can convince me with your puppy eyes?"

"No, but my cute fawn eyes can." I said and pouted. And I guess, it did work. After she made a deep sigh, she just stared at me amusingly. I squinted my eyes at her, "What now, mom?"

She smiled warmly then caressed my hair, "I miss this sweet you. The last time you were like this to me is when we're in the US."

"Mom..." I hugged her tightly. "Don't be too sentimental. You're making me cry."

She chuckled, "Now, I really want to meet this new friend of yours. He's a real good influence on you."

"Oh. Come on." I broke away and went back to the couch. "You can't really give all the credit to him. He just made me realize something, alright."

"And what exactly was that again?" dad asked me.

I looked away and smiled faintly, "That... there might be something waiting for me... Who knows what would that be...? Could be anything or anyone..."

After a moment of silence, dad asked another, "But, what if there's really nothing waiting for you then?"

I grinned at them, "Then, at least, I tried to wait before I get back to my vices again."

"Yoong." they called in disapproval.

I chuckled, "Relax, okay. I'll never gonna go back to my vices. I am all out laid back now. Go wherever the wind blows~~ Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill~~"

Mom then said, "Alright. Do whatever you want BUT only lawful things. AND! We still wanted to meet that new friend of yours."

I sighed in defeat, "Alright. Alright."

 

 

---

 

 


And as how pushy my parents are, they decided to drive me to the place where Yuri works. It's in Nakseongdae wet market, specifically. Right now, my parents decided for us to stay inside the car and creepily spy on Yuri.

"So, you're saying he's working to make a living for himself?" dad asked.

I answered, "Yes. And for his younger brother too."

"Awwwww. Such a responsible child." mom mumbled.

I sighed deeply, "Alright. You two better not creep him out or ever embarrass me. Be cool."

Dad then asked another, "But, where are his parents?"

"Dead."

"Any other relatives?"

"Dead."

"But any close friends of his parents? Like close, family-like?"

"Don't know. Probably, none."

Mom then started to tear up, "Now, I feel sorry for the child." She then looked at my dad. "Should we adopt him?"

"Yeah. That's quite a good idea." dad agreed.

"Mom. Dad. I said stop being creepy."

"But, he's a good kid, Yoong." Dad contradicted. "I know you've been longing for a good brother rather than your pesky older brother Changmin."

Mom then sighed deeply as she stared back at Yuri. "If only our eldest son is like that child..."

"Well... Changmin isn't really our so----"

"MINHYUK!" mom shouted at him in anger. "Stop stressing that out on Changmin! No wonder he's in a rebellious state!"

"How can I not?! He won't stop on irking me or wasting all my money for nothing." And mom just glared at him deadly. He then sighed in defeat, "Fine. I'm sorry. It's just that, I found out he got jailed this morning again. I only bailed him out hours ago so you won't get to know. But, now you know so, whatever."

I then butted, "Okay. You two already have seen Yuri so, I think it's time for you to get back home and continue your argument there. Alright?"

I went out of the backseat and heard them, "Yoong, wait for us!"

I approached Yuri who is currently busy attending to his customers on his stall. He is a fish seller, by the way. "Hey, hyung." I greeted. Yes, he's a year ahead of me but we only got six months difference to be exact.

"Hey, Yoong." he greeted back then chuckled. "Now, that rhymed."

"I'm gonna say sorry in advance for this..."

"About what?"

"My parents wanted to meet you, so..." I looked back to my parents and have noticed them afar from us. They were looking at Yuri in horror. "Mom. Dad." I called and slowly they walked closer to us. "This is Kwon Yuri. Yuri-hyung, these are my parents, Minhyuk and Hana."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Im."

"Kwon???" they both uttered. Dad then asked, "Your name is Kwon Yuri? Like, Kwon and Yuri?"

"Yes, sir."

"D-do, you know us?" Mom asked while still looking at him in horror.

"Err-yeah? You are Mr. and Mrs. Im?"

I chuckled from his response. Mom really did ask a somewhat errr-- dumb question.

"Oh wait." Yuri suddenly said. "Im Minhyuk, you are our country's foreign affairs minister. It's an honor to meet you. Sorry, it kind of slipped off my mind." Then, he redirected to my mom, "And you are Sung Hana, you were a great actress in the 80s and 90s era, right?"

And my parents just responded an awkward smile. I kinda guess those were not the answers they expected from him.

Dad then broke the ice, "It's nice for you to know us. We are flattered."

"Yes. I keep on hearing from Mr. Choi Jungnam both of your names, especially you Sir Minhyuk. He said you are his best friend who scored and married a famous actress." he said and chuckled.

"You knew Choi Jungnam?!" my parents shouted in horror.

"Yes. I am friends with his son, Sooyoung."

"Ohhhhhh..." and they both reacted while nodding blankly.

You know, I am starting to feel there is something odd with the way they react on everything Yuri says.

Dad then concluded, "Okay. Uhhhmmm, it's nice to meet you, Yuri. Thank you for becoming friends with our son. We do hope Yoong is not going to be a headache for you." Then, he looked at mom, "And I think we need to pay Jungnam a visit."

"Definitely." mom nodded back. They both bid their goodbyes and quickly left.

Afterwards, Yuri then said to me, "You know what's funny? Mr. Jungnam had the very same reaction when he first met me." He chuckled. "Is my name really that famous back then that they always get to be shocked by hearing my name?"

"Has it ever occurred to you that they might have known you before?"

"Oh." he said as he realized. Then, he looked at me with pleading eyes. "Can you ask them about it? I'm gonna ask Sooyoung the same thing. His father is having this like-dislike feeling towards me so I couldn't really ask him directly."

"Oh. Okay."

"Anyway, I'm wrapping up here. Just a few more and it's all sold out. Say, are you okay with meeting Taeyeon and Sooyoung after?"

"Okay, sure."

"Don't worry. I bet they're going to like you."

"I think they still quite remember I was the creepy guy who keeps on attacking you months ago."

"And now, we're friends. They got no choice on that."

I smiled back, "Thanks."

 

 


---

 

 


Yuri-hyung took me to a diner near the downtown area. He said that this is the place where Taeyeon would want them to meet. We're still waiting for the two, though.

He snapped, "It has been a while since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter