Chapter Fifteen - Panic! At The Party

Sasaeng

Sasaeng – Chapter 15

Panic! At The Party

“No” my voice shook as his words sunk in. “Jimin, please don’t” I held back my tears as he softly traced along my scar.

“Too late, I already told you” the corners of his lips curved up in a sneaky smile. “And to be honest, this is the most peaceful I’ve felt in weeks” he breathed a laugh, warmth flooding up my arm as his breaths brushed against my skin.

“I’m your fan” I tried to plead with him but as he looked up with those deep dark eyes of his. They twinkled as he took another step toward me, so we were almost toe to toe. “Please” my voice cracked as I put both my hands on his shoulders this time, keeping him at bay with all the strength I had.

“Why is that a bad thing? I think it’s adorable” he straightened up and continued to smile at me like he was planning something. “Are you saying you have no feelings for me?” Jimin asked while his eyes darted around my face, taking in all my features.

“I… I…” I stammered, getting taken away again. He was so close! And that warm feeling he brings dulls my thoughts. Just like the alcove, my body wasn’t listening to me. “I can’t” I breathed, now unable to use my voice properly. My face was burning, and my heart was hammering against my ribcage.

“You should see your face right now, it’s taking everything to not kiss you right now” he confessed. Even though he was insanely close, he didn’t touch me. It was like there was an invisible wall between us.

“Why don’t you?” the words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. He froze on the spot. His eyes widened with shock. And then I realised what I’d said. “No! I mean! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that!” I blurted as he stepped back, clutching his chest.

“Please don’t scare me like that, I just had a heart attack” he gasped as he took a seat at the dining table.

“Sorry!” I was the reddest shade of red you could turn, and I could literally die!! From embarrassment. “Please just forget I said it!” my voice was louder then I wanted, and I tried to cover my face, but he shook his head and leaned in the chair.

“Nope, I’m going to burn it into my memory forever” he teased but his cheeks were also reddened, and he looked as shook as I was. Before I could speak back Jimin’s phone started ringing. He answered it and cleared his throat before speaking. “Hello, hyung, we’re leaving now” there was a pause and he put the phone down.

“We’re going?” I asked as I finally left the kitchen. He pouted but nodded and followed me out. He remained quiet until we got in the car where he put a cap and face mask on… oh yeah, he would get recognised if not…

“Everyone is already there, they’ve already ordered food so we should be quick” Jimin said as he pulled out of the street. The rest of the ride I didn’t have enough confidence to say anything, so I just sat there and nervously looked out the window until we got there.

“NOONA! OVER HERE!” yelled Jungkook over the loudness of the restaurant. We had taken the whole place and waiters were running around to deliver the food and drinks. I followed the voice with Jimin to the table. “I saved you a place” Jungkook said with a cheerful voice, patting the two seats next to him. I sat on one side of him and Jimin on the other.

“Why were you so late?” Jin asked as he started compiling food together. I glanced at Jimin who remained quiet with a poker face.

“Um” I tried to think of an excuse, but I wasn’t very good with lying.

“We were just talking” Jimin saved me and poured me a drink… alcohol… here we go again.

“Alice, here” J-Hope had made a lettuce wrap for me. I moved to eat it but Jimin was like lightning and ate it all in one. “Yah! That was for Alice” he laughed and began to make another.

“So, you’re going on tour with us?” Namjoon asked with a half-full mouth of food. I nodded and accepted the 2nd lettuce wrap from Hoseok who looked very happy with himself.

“So nice!” I praised J-Hope and turned back to RM. “Yep, I… wanted to travel… and see different… places” I managed to mumble in between chewing my food. For the next two hours, I gradually got more drunk and fuller with the food I was being fed from every direction.

“Alice! You’re such a laugh!” Head-Stylist was off her head and had dragged me to her table. I was strongly in her clutches as she draped herself over my shoulder. “I’m so happy to work with such a hard worker! I love you my dear Dongsaeng!” she cheered as she downed her hundredth drink… she was currently mixing…

“Unnie, don’t keep Alice to yourself” Hyungjoon whined as he pulled me from under Head-Stylist who plopped on the table… apparently unconscious. “Hey, Alice” Hyungjoon moved close to me and put an arm around my shoulders. “You know… you look really cute tonight” he chuckled drunkenly and suddenly… planted a kiss on my cheek… and followed Head-Stylist in the passed-out club. His head landed on my lap and snoring ensued shortly after.

“Seriously! Oppa, stop kissing people! You should only kiss me!” Jeongha slapped Hyungjoon’s back and then looked at me under hooded eyes. “Don’t mind him, he kisses everyone when he’s drunk. One time he went up to a random man and French kissed him” she howled with laughter and ragged Hyungjoon onto her lap instead… I didn’t know they were a couple… are they a couple?

“Alice, can I borrow you for a moment?” Jimin’s voice flooded my ears in a warm, sweet way. I looked up to see him staring at Hyungjoon who had wrapped his arms around Jeongha’s waist, looking very comfortable with her as she played with his hair. I struggled to stand but managed to follow Jimin through the drunken mess that was the restaurant.

We got to the 2nd-floor balcony where there was no one but a couple people sleeping sprawled out on the floor. They were very amusing to a drunken me.

“Hehehe they’re playing dead” I chuckled, clumsily pointing to the sleeping staffs.

“Alice” Jimin called me and as I turned, I was met by Jimin taking my face in his hands and kissing my cheek where Hyungjoon had kissed before. Being fuelled by alcohol at that moment wasn’t good. It lowered my defences, which were already weak around Jimin in the first place.

“Jimin” I smiled widely at the contact. Giggling happily, I moved forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. He froze for a second, but I felt him loosen up and return the hug.

I took in his warmness in the cool summer’s night and felt my worries wash away. Just now, even if it’s a mistake or dangerous… I just wanted to be here, in his arms, and feel safe for the first time since coming to Korea.

“I can’t say that I like you, because it’s not right” I told him, my heart now opened for me to speak. He hummed a sigh, the sound vibrating in his chest. “I’m an Army and there’s a danger that I can’t fight against. If I just work for you then I hope that Aera wouldn’t be so angry… but if more happens between us…” I paused and snuggled closer to him, taking the chance while I could…

“Then I’m afraid she will hurt you and the members. My family is here in Korea and they’re in danger every second they’re here. I’m so scared all the time” I felt him tighten his arms around me and he put his cheek on the top of my head. Please. God. Just let this moment last.

BANG!!! BANG!!! SCREAMS!!!

We released each other and stared at the doorway of the restaurant. There were screams filling the night air. The two drunk people on the floor shot up and almost fell back down in their haste.

“What the hell!?” one of them slurred as they tried to get to their feet but failing. I gave Jimin a look, and then we both ran into the restaurant to find carnage. There were people crying. There was a crowd gathering around something… blood… on the walls, chairs and tables.

“Hyung!” Jungkook, white-faced and sweaty, came up to us. “It was Aera… she tried to shoot us but a waiter…” he looked down at the crowd where I could see a man laid on the floor, he was bleeding from the abdomen and was screaming in pain as a staff member pressed down on the gunshot.

“Jimin!” Taehyung came running over when he noticed us. He ploughed into Jimin, hugging him desperately. “Thank gosh you’re okay!” he cried. He was in tears and was crying into Jimin’s shoulder.

“She was aiming at Jungkook” Yoongi came over, sticking close to the white-faced Jungkook. We all looked to him and I turned cold. When V had finished hugging Jimin, he turned to me and enveloped me in a teary embrace.

I looked as best as I could at Jimin who was watching the hell unfold… when V had moved on to another hug from a staff member, Jimin came over to me and brought me to him.

“She won’t win” he said determinedly. I could hear his heart beating in his chest. It was fast and strong… he was scared…

 

The ambulance came very quickly with police not far behind. They took the waiter to the hospital and we were all interviewed and dispersed. I took a taxi back with the manager and Jimin went with the other members.

And as I laid in bed that night… my mind was full of a thousand thoughts.

Of the shooting.

Of Lee Aera.

And tomorrow. Where I will have to process what happened tonight. As well as work my first comeback with BTS… and I had a bad feeling…

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

SO, I MANAGED TO FINISH THE CHAPTER BEFORE MONDAY x3 I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! AERA WILL ONLY GET WORSE FROM HERE! NEXT TIME: ALICE STRUGGLED TO KEEP UP WITH THE HECTIC DAYS OF COMEBACK. AERA LEAVES ANOTHER NOTE FOR HER. AND ALICE'S FAMILY HAVE SOME NEWS TO SHARE WITH HER!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday! Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx