Chapter Thirteen - Truth

Sasaeng

Sasaeng Chapter Thirteen

Truth

After that, the officer asked me to come down to the station in the morning to identify her through the video… To which my parents tried to say no but if it was her, then I would do anything to put her away. And so, the next morning, I got ready and said goodbye to my family… I didn’t want Lily’s second place out of the hotel room to be the police station.

“Good morning Miss Kang, if you would follow me” the same policewoman, officer Kim, came to get me… she looked as tired as me.

“Morning” I greeted as I followed her through the busy station. We entered a quiet room where a couple of officers were… this was uncomfortable… a quiet place full of strangers…

“Take a seat, Miss Kang” said one of the officers who was already sat down. I didn’t waste any time doing as I was told. I plonked myself on the uncomfortable chair and sat as stiff and a board, waiting for someone to talk first.

“Now, we are really sorry to ask you here after such a rough time for you and your family” the other policeman said. He was much older than the rest of them and had a reassuring demeanour… I had a feeling I could trust him… “Now all we will ask of you today is to watch the video and identify the attacker” he coughed throatily. A smoker.

“Why me? Isn’t there anyone else who could do it?” I asked quietly, my voice unable to go over a loud whisper. The officers gave each other a look and returned to me.

“Miss Lee’s parents refuse to get involved. That’s all we’re able to tell you at this point in the investigation” the younger officer explained and reached for a closed laptop. He turned it towards me and opened it to show a video player. The nodded to me to play.

… I pressed play and saw the apartment hallway… my uncle… was stood there… alive… I paused it… my hands were shaking, and my watery eyes were glued to the screen, taking in the final moments of my uncle…

“Take your time, Miss Kang. We will be recording this for evidence” the older officer said in a calming gruff voice. I nodded, breathing deeply to keep myself together. I cleared my throat. Steadied my hand and pressed play.

My uncle was stood in the doorway, typing in the keypad… there was sound too.

“Mr Kang?” a woman’s high voice came through the speaker… Aera… I felt sick…

I watched as she came into frame. My uncle turned around… no… don’t do it… uncle…

“Yes, can I help you?” my uncle’s voice pierced through me like a knife. But I didn’t get to hear his voice after, because of Aera… still in her school uniform… got out a hammer… and… I slammed the laptop shut before I saw it…

“I’m going to be sick” I lurched, clutching my mouth shut with one hand and gripping the side of the table with the other. The older officer rushed to the corner of the room for the small bin and got it to me just in time as my breakfast of rice porridge emptied into it.

“I’m so sorry, I thought the team had given me the cut one. I cannot apologise enough” the younger officer went to pat my back, but I jolted out the way. He paused, and then took a step back. With teary eyes and a sweaty face, I sat up and wiped my mouth with a tissue the older officer gave me.

“That was Aera” I gulped, holding down whatever was left in my stomach. “I would like to leave now” I shivered, suddenly feeling cold and yet sweaty.

“Okay, thank you for your cooperation Miss Kang” the younger officer helped me to my feet and opened the door for me. The female officer was waiting outside.

“Miss Kang!” she gasped and rushed to me.

“I’m fine, I just want to go home” my voice was beginning to fail me.

“I’m sorry, but I won’t be letting you anywhere in this state. Let me call your parents…” she began but with a pleading look, she stopped and looked around at the station. But she was adamant that I wasn’t going home alone. “I’ll take you, chief! I’m going to take Alice Kang back to her hotel!” she called into the bustling of busy officers. Somewhere a loud voice yelled back.

“Okay, but Yeongja, I want you back quickly to look at this report!” he yelled, and we left quickly. Officer Kim led me out with her hand on my back protectively. We got in the cop car and she drove into the city… where my phone started to ring… another unknown number.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Alice Kang? I’m calling to inform you that your apartment is ready to move into, final preparations were made yesterday afternoon” a female voice droned through the phone. She sounded extremely bored.

“Okay, thank you” I muttered quietly, sat back… and reality hit. “Holy crap” the words had escaped my mouth before my mind had time to think.

“I beg your pardon!?” the officer gasped at my sudden profanity.

“Oh! Sorry! I just realised that I’m going to be living under management for Big…” I began but stopped myself before I could land my foot in it. I don’t think that everyone should know about my involvement in BigHit. “F…For a big company, yeah” my voice cracked and the raised an eyebrow at me.

“Okay…” she mumbled but rolled her eyes and drove the rest of the way in silence. She must think I’m weird… she wouldn’t be wrong. After she dropped me off at the hotel, I spent the rest of the day with my family. We went out to show Lily around Seoul and visit family… I didn’t tell them about the video but admitted it was Aera who did it.

And then I packed what things I had and was picked up for my new apartment. The manager looked at me with sympathy all the time and only spoke for small talk and in a very quiet voice.

“It’s still quite bare but I guess you’ll make it your own time goes on” he told me as we looked around. There was a decent tv system put in and some furnishings in the living room and kitchen. The bedroom had all the furniture I needed and there was even curtains and blinds up.

“It feels like a home” I mumbled to myself as I looked around. The sun was setting and was casting an orange glow in the apartment. My own apartment… even if it is rented form BigHit as a safehouse. After that, we went to the convenience store around the corner and got a few things. Food. Toiletries. Light bulbs. And then the manager left… and I was alone…

___________________________________________________________________________

That night was one of the best night’s sleep I had in almost 3 weeks. But I woke up with the worst bad hair day I’ve ever had, it didn’t seem to straighten at all and would barely make it to a wave… And on my first day back at work too…

“Let’s do this, then” I grumbled as I checked my reflection in the mirror in the entryway. I was wearing a pair of classic blue skinny jeans, a blush pink button up shirt tucked in, black leather jacket and a pair of black heeled boots… all new from my parents since all my clothes burned up.

The manager knocked on my door 5 minutes later and we drove to BigHit for the final meeting before the release of Idol… thank god it’s going to be busy from here on out, I need to keep my mind busy.

“Are the members up there?” I asked, suddenly wary of yesterday… with Jimin…

“Yep, should be” he answered nonchalantly. And then the nervousness began. We got in the elevator. We quietly rode it up. And when the doors opened. There he was. Waiting for me.

“Jimin” was all my mouth could say. He was smiling at me, knocking the breath right out of my lungs and thoughts out of my head.

“Hello, Alice” he beamed, reached for my hand… but then stopped and I saw his smile flicker before returning. “How are you feeling today?” he asked as he walked with us down the hallway.

“Fine, I moved into my apartment last night” I nervously said, trying to keep a straight face.

“That’s awesome, we should celebrate” he stopped and turned to me with bright eyes… say no, say no, say no.

“That sounds like fun” I answered. STUPID IDOT! Why? Just… why? Jimin’s face lit up.

“Okay, great! I’ll tell the others, we’ll meet up after practice today? I’ll call you… oh wait” he got out his phone and after a few clicks gave it to me… his number… Okay! Keep calm! Kindly decline! Give the phone back!

I took it. Put the number in my phone. And gave Jimin his back. Crap. I’m just digging myself deeper in ! He gave me a longing look that broke my heart. I saw his hand move towards mine again but stopped himself. He bawled his hand in a fist and smiled softly at me… this is for the best… to keep him safe, I must keep him at arm’s length.

To keep him safe, I must break his heart… and mine.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

SO, SOME OF THE TRUTH WAS TOLD... BUT MUCH MORE IS ABOUT TO COME TO LIGHT AND THE BIGGER PICTURE IS MUCH MORE THAN ANYONE IMAGINED! ANYWAY... SORRY FOR A LATE UPLOAD BUT I'VE HAD A BUSY DAY <:3 I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND NEXT TIME: ALICE CELEBRATES MOVING WITH THE MEMBERS AND SOME STAFF AND FRIENDS... AND SOME THING HAPPENS THAT WILL CHANGE ALICE'S LIFE... FOR THE BETTER???

KEEP READING TO FIND OUT! <3

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx