Chapter Ten - Blood, Sweat and Tears

Sasaeng

Sasaeng

Chapter Ten – Blood, Sweat and Tears

“Go away, we’re calling the police!” yelled my uncle through the speaker but the bell continued to ring. I got my phone out and started to call the police officer who came before, but there was a bone-chilling sound through the speaker system. Someone was crying… I peeked at the camera and saw a young boy who was no older than ten.

“Open the door or I open the kid’s stomach” a deep voice came from a mountain of a man, I couldn’t even see his face in the camera. The kid tried to let out a scream, but a huge hand was covering his mouth. I gave my uncle a look, and we both reached for the door.

“You let the kid go and we’ll open the door” I bargained but a knife appeared in the corner of the screen and I shot to open the door. The kid’s feet weren’t even on the floor the man was that big.

“Alice Kang, back into the apartment” the man ordered. His face was large and hidden under a ski mask, I could see the tattoos around his neck and back. The kid tried to kick the man, but he gripped the back of his neck and pushed him into the apartment, closing the door when they were both in the entryway.

“What do you want?” I asked the man when I reached for the boy, bringing him behind myself and my uncle. The man took his shoes off and followed us into the living room. Looking around as he walked.

“I’m here to rough you up a little but not to bust you up too bad. And also, to leave you a message from A. She wants you to know that you had your chance. She’s going to make your life a living hell” it was like he rehearsed it. There was no emotion in his voice, and he spoke in a matter of fact way.

“Kid, go down the hall and hide in the bathroom, there’s a lock on the door” I told the kid and he shot down the hallway. I heard him close and lock the door. The man took his jacket off and put it on the back of the dining chair. His hands had black gloves on… no fingerprints.

“I’m not after your uncle but if he tries to get in the way, I will beat him and the woman hiding in the bedroom. I know the layout of the house and I know the woman is pregnant, I don’t care so long as I get paid” the man pointed down the hall to the bedroom. I cold shiver ran up my spine and fear twisted in my gut.

“Leave my family alone” I eyed the man, my fists in balls to stop them from shaking. I was scared, terrified, but I had to keep a strong front. The man walked over to me and looked down. His eyes slits under the mask.

“Go to your girl” the man eyeballed my uncle who was shaking from head to toe and was white in the face. He looked to me and the man and shook his head.

“Uncle, go to Hyerin. Take her to the kid” I told him but didn’t break my stare. My eyes fixed on the man.

“But Alice” uncle pleaded but when I didn’t move, he took a couple steps towards me. The man’s hand shot forward and grabbed hold around my neck. Cutting off my breathing. My feet coming off the floor.

“She can have a quick beating, or I can knock her into next week. It’s up to you” he spat through his teeth. Uncle made a sound between a cry and a grunt before backing down the hallway. He got Hyerin from the bedroom and they locked themselves in the bathroom with the kid. The room was starting to swirl around me, and my body started to become numb. My head felt like it was going to burst.

“Now…” the man let go of me, causing me to crumple on the floor. My knees banging on the wooden flooring. Pain thumped in them. “I’ve been told to go for your face but looking at you now… you’re too cute to be messed up like that” the man breathed, leaning down to watch me.

“Aera is a crazy psycho” I choked as I rubbed my sore throat. It was going to leave a mark. The man nodded in approval but grabbed hold of my wrist… it looked like a twig in his hand. He dragged me across the living room, towards the window… he wasn’t! No! He opened the window, dropped me in favour of an armed chair. He threw it at the window, knocking it out so both flew to the ground outside.

“No!” I screamed and tried to stand, trying to run but they felt like jelly. He grabbed my ankle and pulled me to him. He was smiling… I could tell through the mask as he picked me up. My head hitting the floor as he hung me hung me upside down. My vision blanked for a couple seconds, and when the swirl of colour and blurriness subsided… I was hanging out the window, the wind whipping at me as I was dangled by the large man.

“OH MY GOD!” I screamed, reaching for anything, something I could get my hands on to stop me falling.

“You will stop your contact with the members of BTS!” the man called above the wind. My heart was in my stomach and my stomach lurched as I looked down at the ground, a hundred feet below. My lungs felt like they couldn’t take in air and the blood began to rush to my head.

“I WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY A ING PSYCHOTIC SCHOOL GIRL!!” I screamed back, steadying myself and turning to glare at the man. His hand tightened around my ankle. He grunted and pulled me back inside, throwing me to the floor. “Holy crap!” I gasped, clutching the floor like it would give way at any second.

“I like you, Alice. So that’s why…” the man began, trudging over to me. He took my face in his hand and squished it. He brought it up to his face, he was breathing erratically. I saw his hand disappear behind his back, a second later the knife from before appeared in his hand. I squirmed under him, but it was no use.

“Hey” I heard a voice call behind the man and what seemed like a fraction of a second, a large object flew at the man’s head. He fell on top of me, limp and suffocating. I tried to heave him off of me, but he was too heavy. “Alice! Alice… Oh god!” the voice called, and the man was rolled off me. It… it was Jimin?

“Jimin?” I whimpered, tears stinging at my eyes… “How?” I began but I was cut off as he wrapped his arms around me and hugging me close. He was shaking…

“I was downstairs…” he gasped… he’s been running. “I forgot to tell you something earlier, so I came to talk but then I almost got flattened by an armchair” he tried to laugh but he squeezed me close to him. Holding me in a warm embrace.

“Jimin” I squeaked, “I was so scared” I felt my voice break as tears began to flood my eyes. Fear squeezing at my insides. “I was going to die” I cried, holding onto him. Then I began to wail, uncontrollable cried erupting from my aching body.

“It’s okay, I’m here, you’re okay” Jimin whispered softly. My uncle and Hyerin burst through the bathroom door and ran into the living room.

“Jimin? Alice are you okay? When did you get there? What happened?” the questions started, my uncle’s eyes darting around the mess of the room, then on a crying me.

“We need to get her out of here” Jimin called to my uncle, his arms scooping me from the floor. He was stronger than I thought. I still clung to him, afraid that if I let go, I was going to break down.

“Okay… Take her to the car, Hyerin will take her to her parents… I’ll call the police, I’m sure they’ll want to talk to you” my uncle told Jimin who nodded and instantly go into motion. He rushed me into the elevator and didn’t speak until he was opening the car door.

“Alice, I’m going back up, no don’t worry, I won’t leave you alone” he rushed when I began to panic but Hyerin was with us a minute later. “I will see you soon” Jimin bent down to look at me, his kind eyes bore into mine. “I…” he started but then paused and smiled.

“Let’s go” Hyerin announced and started the car. I watched as Jimin turned and ran back inside… “My parents don’t live too far away… god, I can’t believe that just happened…” Hyerin’s voice shook as she drove. I couldn’t speak. I didn’t want to speak. If I opened my mouth I was most likely going to cry. So, when we pulled outside of Hyerin’s parent's house, I didn’t greet them.

“Goodness, she looks a state!” her mother gasped as I was bought into the back room of their hanok house.

“I just got a text, the police arrived, and the man’s been arrested. There are officers on their way here” Hyerin said in a rush as we filled the room. “Jimin has been sent back to the dorm” she added and turned to face me. “Alice, you need to move back to England” she demanded, her eyes glistening with tears of fear.

“No!” I said in a loud voice, I even surprised myself with my reaction. But I felt a fire erupt inside of me when I thought about running from Aera who wasn’t only a danger to me. “I won’t run! I won’t give in! No! I won’t do as she says” I got to my feet from the chair I was sat on. Standing my ground and standing straight! “I will go to work tomorrow! I will move into a BIGHIT apartment and I will continue to work with BTS!” I shouted, half in frustration and half in determination.

“You were almost killed today!” she shouted back but we all shut up when a knock on the door came. After that evening the police came in and took a full statement, but they informed us that the man was hired and there was a small possibility to prove if the client was Aera or not.

That night I called Hitman Bang and informed him I would take his offer of a secure apartment and my uncle also informed his landlord he was moving. Their insurance thankfully covered the damages. We all slept in one room, and the next day I woke up to a full Korean breakfast.

“I’ve got a few that I’m interested in” I told my uncle with a mouth full of mixed rice, looking through the pages of dorms.

“We’re going to look at some next week, but we will stay here until then” my uncle muffled through a gobful of food.

“Manager is picking me up at half past to go look” I said quickly as I finished my food. I had ten minutes to get ready before he came.

“Okay, well call us if anything happens and stay with the manager” my uncle called as I went in the back room to change into the clothes my uncle brought with him. A t-shirt and jean shorts. Today was forecast to be hot. The last of the hot weather before autumn came… the changing of the season… a new start…

A new start for me… and I was surprisingly ready for it! BRING IT ON AERA! BRING IT ON LIFE! I’M READY FOR YOU!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES

HI! SO THIS CHAPTER IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SPOILERS, BUT IT WAS TOO BIG TO FIT IN ONE CHAPTER... SO I GUESS THIS CHAPTER IS IN TWO PARTS. BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! THINGS ARE REALLY STARTING TO HEAT UP! NEXT TIME: ALICE FINDS AN APARTMENT SHE LIKES, SHE MEETS JIMIN AT WORK BUT THERE ARE MIXED EMOTIONS AND ALICE HAS DECISIONS TO MAKE WHEN THE POLICE FIND A CHILLING DISCOVERY.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I’m EstelleKpop! I hope you like Sasaeng so far! I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not a professional writer hehe XD

I will hopefully be uploading every Tuesday and Saturday. Please look forward to more chapters soon!

Thank you for reading!

Laters!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KpopEstelle

xxx