Chapter 27: "Sweet Like Sugar."🍭

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting which took almost forty minutes, we had an hour of vocal rehearsals in one of the studio rooms in preparation for our performance. Afterwards we found ourselves in different rehearsal dressing rooms. In the girl's dressing room, we were changing into our outfits and getting our makeup and hair done by the makeup artists and hairstylists. There was so much giggling and chatting amongst us. It was like we had all gone out to a beauty parlor to make ourselves look pretty. It felt really nice and apparently, Zoey read my mind about us girls going there someday.

"You know what, girls," Zoey said, who sat opposite me. "We should all go out someday to a beauty parlor or something."

"I agree," said Lisa who was sitting next to me, facing the dressing mirror, just like each one of us. There was a hairstylist doing her hair.

"Or we can have a girl's sleep over," I suggested.

"That sounds awesome," said Christine who was seated on my other side.

"The boys had theirs last time," said Jennie. "It will be so much fun if we have ours."

"Will it be okay if we can invite another k-pop girl group in the mix?" I asked.

"Who are you suggesting?" Jisoo asked.

"RedVelvet."

"Oooh, that will be great!" Zoey said excitedly.

"The more we are, the merrier," said Rosé.

"True," said Lisa.

Seconds later, I looked up at the mirror as my hair was being done and I saw Lee and Ji Yeon come into the dressing room.

"Okay, ladies, we will be live on stage within thirty minutes."

I looked at the time on my phone which was laying on the table in front of me close to the mirror. It was only 10:50, so that meant we were supposed to be done before 11:30. We had to perform before the music video was released at 12.

"Don't worry," said Zoey. "We will be done by then and we will all be looking gorgeous."

"Hopefully, you won't be annoying on stage too," said Ji Yeon.

"You just read my mind," said Lee.

"Am I?" Zoey asked as I saw her through my mirror, face the two women.

"We all know you are," said Christine.

"Hey!" Zoey now turned to look at Christine.

Most of us in the room laughed, including those doing our makeup and hair.

"If I had come here earlier, I would have told the makeup artist to make you look like a clown, Zoey," said Ji Yeon, with a smirk on her face.

"Coming from you, I wouldn't be surprised," said Zoey.

I smiled at the two and I realised I was going to miss having Ji Yeon around. Including Ji Nun, though we, The Toxins, had Ji Yeon as our choreographer. I got used to them because they reminded me of Jimmy, our choreographer back home. Zoey might not admit it, but she was going to miss Ji Yeon too.

Just seconds later, Mike was at the door, already dressed up in white. The five of us Toxins were going to be in all white today. Lee and Ji Yeon made way for him with puzzled looks on their faces.

"Mike, what are you doing here?" Lee asked.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but did Seungri pass through here?" Mike asked.

"Why would he?" Rosé asked.

"Umm, it's nothing," he said. "You wouldn't want to know."

I raised an eyebrow at him through the mirror. Something was definitely up with these guys. Well, there always is.

"Okay, don't tell us then," said Lisa. "You guys are so secretive."

"So are you," said Mike. "If you will excuse me, I have to continue looking for Seungri."

Mike turned around to leave. When he was finally gone, Christine laughed. Lee and Ji Yeon had left after him.

"Whatever Seungri is up to, it's probably something hilarious," she said.

"Obviously," said Jisoo. "He's always up to stuff like that."

"I wish we asked Mike a little more about what Seungri's up to," said Zoey.

"Sometimes it's best you don't know," said Jennie.

"I agree," I said.

After getting ourselves ready thirty minutes later, we all walked out of the dressing room and went to the rehearsal building right next to it. Just when we went in through the back, we found the others backstage waiting for us.

"Oh, look here," said Seunghoon. "The ladies have finally arrived and they look stunning as ever."

"Thank you," said Jennie as she gave him a big smile.

"Hey, is Seungri with you guys?" I asked.

"No, beautiful," said Seunghoon with a corky smile on his face as he looked at me.

"Weird," said Zoey. "Mike came looking for him in our dressing room."

"Ya, he left way before we did," said Jinwoo. "Who knows what's he's up to."

"We also can't help but wonder," said Rosé.

"Ah, you girls are finally here," said Lee as she appeared. "We will go through some last minute details before time. But we have a problem."

"We can't start without Seungri," said Christine.

"Sadly, yes. BigBang goes up first and we have a few minutes till we actually get the show on air and we still don't know where he is."

"Do the managers know?" I asked.

"Luckily, no," said Mino. "But they will, obviously."

"Where are BTS and the others?"

"They are on the other side. A few went out looking for Seungri," said Lee. "I really hope he gets here soon. My neck is on the line."

Lee went back to where she came from while we continued to stand where we were.

"Are any of you ladies going to look for him?" Seungyoon asked.

"Nah," said Zoey as she flipped her hair to the side. "I have to look fresh for when we appear on stage. I don't want to mess myself up, you know. So, I'm better off here."

"I'll go check up on the others," I said.

"I'll come with you," said Christine.

Christine came along with me while the other BlackPink members and Zoey stayed behind with WINNER.

"Hey, guys," I said to the seven BTS members, Daniel and TOP whom Christine and I found chatting.

"Well, you two look gorgeous," said TOP.

"Thanks," Christine and I said at the same time.

"You should see BlackPink, though," I said. "They also look just as gorgeous in black and pink."

"But not as beautiful as you are," said J-Hope.

"Ohh," I couldn't help but blush. "Thank you."

"I see the others aren't here," said Christine.

"Seungri is still M.I.A," said Daniel. "I feel bad that Mike had to go out and look for him."

"But aren't G-Dragon, Taeyang and Daesung helping him out?" I asked.

"They are," he said. "But I should have gone with him."

"Why did Seungri leave anyway?" I asked as I looked at each and every one in front of me.

TOP and Daniel gave each a nervous look. Jimin scratched the back of his head while Jungkook went on to stare at the ceiling. J-Hope and RM both gave out a cough. Suga and Jin also gave each other a look. V just smiled at me.

I folded my arms. "You guys are unbelievable," I said. "What's the harm in letting me and Christine know what's going on?"

"Nothing," said Jungkook, quickly. I noticed him blush, but I couldn't really tell if he was lying.

"Ya, Sam," said Daniel. "It's nothing, believe me."

"I have to admit, you're being a pretty good liar like your sister here," said Christine. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"No, it's the truth," said Suga. "Look, here come the others with Seungri now."

Christine and I turned to look in the direction in which the other four BigBang members and Mike came from. They paused upon seeing us.

"Hi Sam, hi Christine," said Daesung with a smile on his face. "You girls look stunning."

"Yes," said G-Dragon as he quickly nodded his head. "Very stunning."

I still had my arms folded as I stared at them. My gaze was fixed upon Seungri the most. I guess he noticed because he went on to look at his feet.

"Thank you," Christine replied instead. "Where were you, Seungri?"

"Me?" Seungri looked up, completely caught off guard. "No where. I was just playing around with the guys. You know, like hide and seek. No big deal."

I raised an eyebrow when Daniel said, "you see. I told you it was nothing."

"Okay," I said as I put up a smile on my face, which I didn't mean wholeheartedly. "Christine and I better get back."

"Ok," said Taeyang. "Are you ready for the speech coming up first?"

Before we had to perform, G-Dragon and I were to appear on stage first to present to the audience what was to take place today. There was going to be a small audience of fans watching us live on stage. We were also going to air live on national television and YouTube. Afterwards came the performances, then a live stream of the music video on YouTube on the big screen.

"Ya, I'm ready," I said.

Soon enough, two of the crew members working backstage came up to us with earpiece microphones and helped most of us put them on.

"We will be on in a few minutes and Lee wants to see you all before we start," one of the crew man said.

"Okay, then," I said and I turned to look at the others, "shall we go?"

"Yes, we shall," said Seungri with a smile.

While the others started to leave, I held Seungri back for a while by putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I really hope you're not up to something, Seungri," I said.

Seungri gave me a corky smile. "What makes you think that, my dear panda?" he asked.

"When it comes to you, you're pretty unpredictable."

Seungri raised an eyebrow. "I thought Jiyong was the unpredictable one."

I leaned in towards him and whispered in his ear, "and so are you."

"I like that you think so mysteriously of me, my panda," he said as I leaned further back. "Makes you more attractive, if you ask me."

I could feel my cheeks heating up, but I was careful enough not to show that I was blushing.

"Let's go," I said as I started to go ahead of him and he followed behind.

"Thank goodness," said Lee as we joined the others and Lee looked towards Seungri. "I would have called security on you."

"Not to worry, Lee," Seungri said with a smile. "I'm fine."

"Well, I wasn't. Okay, back to why we're all here," Lee turned to look at each one of us. I noticed she also had a earpiece microphone and a clipboard with her. "We'll be on in a minute and we all know what comes next after the other. So, we all have to shine out there, okay? For the fans watching here and also those watching online and on TV. Sam, GD, are you two ready for the big introduction?"

"Ready," G-Dragon and I answered at the same time.

Lee gave us a thumbs up. One of the backstage crew members came to inform us that we had forty seconds to get to our positions.

"You heard the man, let's go," said Lee.

Everyone else scrammed to their positions except G-Dragon and I who were entering the stage through the middle through the red curta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter