Chapter 11: F.U.N

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you serious?" Mike asked as he looked at me.

"I couldn't say no," I said as I shrugged my shoulders. "Now that I think about it, this is a bad idea."

"You were supposed to know that even before you agreed."

"What do you think? I said no to RM but everyone else started to plead and I couldn't say no."

"Well, this is going to be great. It's just like that time when BigBang challenged us in that bowling game."

I rubbed my neck as I thought of what might happen. There was no turning back now. And I regretted ever accepting to all of this in the first place.

Mike and I were standing by the doll claw machines away from everyone else in the gaming area. I was having a bottle of water alongside him waiting to be called for the challenge. Aside from everybody else, Mike was the only person in his right sense who found all of this to be a pretty bad idea.

"I think I should just call it quits," I said as I screwed the lid back on the bottle and threw the empty bottle in the waste bin nearby.

"Too late for that, sis," said Mike. "As much as I think about it now, this isn't much of a bad thing after all."

I threw a look at him. "What are you saying? You're supposed to be supporting me. Not thinking like everybody else."

"Okay, you're right. But come on, Sam, it will be so much fun. People will get to see that it's not only Daniel and I that having some gaming blood."

"Thanks, I feel a lot better now." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be so sarcastic. It will be good for you in some way. At least you get to challenge a member of BTS. That's one thing not every fangirl gets to experience."

"As much as you have a point on that one, I still don't feel any better. What if I embarrass myself?"

"Trust me, you couldn't be as worse as Christine. I know you. You might think you aren't ready but you've got this and you'll definitely win."

"Thanks Mike." I smiled at him as I gave him a small punch on the shoulder. "I really needed to hear that."

Mike smiled back at me and we soon noticed Suga and Jin approach us. Looks like it's game time.

"Are you ready?" Suga asked with that corky smile on his face as he looked at me.

"To be honest, no," I replied as I felt my cheeks flush.

"Well, you better be because it's time."

"So, what challenge are we going for first?"

"The basketball game," said Jin.

"That will be easy," said Mike as he looked at me.

I shook my head. "I don't know. I've to be fast enough to throw the balls in the hoop and gain enough points."

"It might be easy, but its as tough as it gets," said Suga.

I blew out a sigh. "Okay, here goes nothing."

Mike and I followed Suga and Jin to the small crowd of spectators who had come to watch the challenge. I found RM waiting for me at the basketball game machine. In the crowd were BTS, WINNER and The Toxins. Gosh, this felt terrifying. I had to pull myself together and do what I had to do.

"Are you ready?" RM asked me.

"No," I answered.

"Okay," came Lee as she came towards us. "Looks like the players are ready." She smiled at the both of us.

"Looks like you're the one spearheading this challenge like last time," I said.

"Hey, don't complain. You know I'm older than you and I just have to. So, listen up you two. This is going to be a multiple game challenge. You will only get to play five games."

I sighed in relief. Five was a reasonable number and an odd one for that matter. That meant there wasn't going to be any issue of a tie.

"So, whoever manages to win the most games is winner of the whole competition."

"Is there a prize for the winner?" RM asked.

"Loser does whatever the winner wishes."

Really? I hated such conditions just to win a game. Why couldn't I just get a doll for a prize or something and walk away free minded?

"So, your first challenge is the basketball court. Whoever manages to gain more points than the other wins. Are you ready?"

"Yes," RM and I replied at the same time. I turned to look at him and I found him looking back at me.

"Okay, so, stand in front of the basketball machine, please and I'll tell when to begin."

I turned towards the machine and stood there staring at the basketball net. I've never really played this game before. Better yet, I was never a fan of basketball even back in my school days. If it ever came to ball games, basketball was never really my thing.

"All the best, Sam!" I heard Seunghoon cheer behind me. I turned to look at him and I smiled. The rest of WINNER all gave me a thumbs up, wishing me the best of luck.

"You look nervous," said RM who stood next to me facing the machine next to mine. I turned to look back in front of me.

"Not really a fan of basketball," I answered, trying to keep calm.

I noticed him smile at the corner of my eye with those cute killer dimples on his cheeks and said nothing more. Looks like he thought he had an advantage over me in this game. Well, he had another thing coming. I was going to do whatever it takes.

"Okay," came Lee. "Now, you already know what to do. Throw the basketballs into the net and gain enough points before time runs out. You already knows what happens when you miss the target. Are you ready?"

RM and I nodded our heads. I looked at the basketballs all lined up in front of me and shook my hands. I just hope I would be fast enough to throw all those balls into the net.

"In the count of three, you begin," said Lee. "Ready? One, two.....three!"

I quickly got the first basketball in front of me and threw towards the net. I didn't even check to see if it had gone in or not because I was already getting the second ball and throwing it at the net. I saw that one go in, I got my third one and it went in too.

There was cheering behind me and I couldn't tell you who was supporting who. There cheers seemed all muffled up in my ears because I was too focused on the game throwing the balls towards the basketball net. I couldn't even look to my side to see how RM was doing because I might just cost myself in the game.

I felt like I had been throwing balls forever that I felt my arms get weary. This time around, I found myself throwing the balls with one hand. I would throw the ball with my left and my right one would be picking up the next one ready to throw. I kept on doing that until I ran out of balls and the buzzer from the machine soon rang, announcing that the game was over.

Thank goodness! I turned around and sighed as I felt my arms ache after all the throwing. There was clapping and cheering around me and I couldn't care less because my arms ached way too much.

"And the winner of the this round is.....!" Lee announced. There was still cheering going on that at first I didn't get to hear the name.

"Huh?" I asked as I stretched my arm back and forth.

"You won the first round, Sam," said Christine as she over to hug me. "You were awesome."

"I won?" I asked with a surprised look on my face after she broke away from me.

"Look at the scores behind you."

I turned towards the basketball machine and I noticed the score meter right next to the basketball net. I looked over at RM's score. I beat him and that made my mouth drop.

"What the.....?" I grew too speechless. I didn't expect this, to be honest.

"Congrats, Sam," said RM with a smile. "Were you lying that you weren't good at basketball just to fool me?"

"Aren't you seeing the surprised look on my face right now?" I asked pointing at my own face. "Trust me, I meant what I said when I said that basketball was never my thing."

"Well, you showed him," said Mino as he came towards me. "Not only were you fast at throwing the balls, you only got to miss the net once."

"Really?" I now scratched my head.

"I told you could do it, sis," said Mike as he came over and smiled at me.

"Thanks, but can I take a break?" I asked. "My arms are too tired. Just a few minutes."

"Sure you can," said Lee. "I'll give you two five minutes then we can go over to the next challenge."

"I think I'll also need to rest my arms too," said RM. "Just know that this isn't over yet, Sam."

RM went over to join his BTS mates while I was surrounded by my own and WINNER.

"May I ask where Zoey is?" I asked.

"Forget about her," said Seungyoon. "She just joined BTS and will be supporting RM from now on."

I had my eyebrow raised. "Really?"

"I've always told you that Zoey will never last being your best friend," said Mike mockingly and he laughed.

I looked towards BTS and I could see Zoey standing right next to Jimin. They were all talking and laughing. She seemed to be having a good time with them.

"It's onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter