Chapter 7: Bumping Heads....with BTS

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you please stop tapping your fingers and try to relax?" Taeyang asked. "When you look like that, you make me worry."

"Sorry," I said as I lifted my fingers away from the dashboard of the car and leaned back in my seat, trying to relax.

"What's gotten into you?" Taeyang managed to look at me even when he had to focus on the road.

"You don't have a high fever, do you?" Christine who sat in the back seat asked. She leaned closer to place her hand on my forehead.

"No, no, I don't," I said as I waved her hand away and looked out the car window at God knows what.

"You look nervous and excited at the same time that I can't really tell the difference," said Taeyang. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Are you worried that Zoey and G-Dragon will get into some kind of trouble?" Christine also asked.

"No, I'm not thinking about that," I said as I looked up at the rearview mirror to look at Christine.

"Then what's wrong with you? Taeyang's right. You look nervous yet excited."

"I don't know to be honest," I said as I scratched my head. "Do I look like a lunatic?"

"If that how you're going to put it, then yes." Christine started to snicker.

"No, you don't," said Taeyang as he threw a look at Christine.

"I don't know, I feel really anxious," I said.

"Are you sure you aren't worried about Zoey and G-Dragon?" Christine asked.

"Why do you keep insisting on that?" I had my eyebrow raised, staring at the rearview mirror.

"Well, because you didn't want them to go out shopping, remember?"

"Ya, I know. But that's the least of my worries. They can do whatever they want."

"Okay," said Christine as she leaned back in her seat. "I sure hope so."

"I know so. I don't know why I feel like this. Like something's going to happen."

I continued to look out the window as I heard Christine at the back unfolding a piece of paper. She was obviously looking at the grocery list we had made.

"We're going to have a lovely supper tonight," said Christine. "Sam, did you manage to tell Collins that we won't be back early?"

"Oh, ya, I totally forgot," I said as I took my phone out of my pocket. "Thanks for reminding me, Christine."

I called Collins and he wasn't picking up. I figured he might be busy so I left him a text message instead. I made sure to leave one for Lee too.

"Just texted him, he isn't picking up," I said.

"As long as he doesn't get mad," said Taeyang.

"Ha!" said Christine. "I just don't understand our managers sometimes. We always have to tell them we're here and we're there. It's like they have to keep tabs on us all the time."

"That's just how it is, especially with you guys," said Taeyang.

"Very true."

We soon found ourselves in the parking lot of a grocery store and we got out of the car. When we entered the store, all eyes were on us as Christine got the shopping cart. Together with Taeyang we went around putting whatever was on the list in the shopping cart. I pretended not to notice the people around staring as they walked by.

We were in the vegetable aisle and I was putting in carrots and lettuce in the cart when Taeyang told us to stay right where we were and that he would be right back. He walked down the aisle and disappeared round the corner.

"I can't wait to make kimchi," said Christine. "I have to admit, trying out something new is exciting."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter