Chapter 9: Lovestruck

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sam's P.O.V

Just as Taeyang and I were about to get out of the car, Daesung and Seungri appeared, coming out of the apartment building. I called them a few minutes ago before we parked outside telling them to come help us out with the groceries.

"Hey, guys," said Seungri, cheerfully as we got out of the car. "Did you guys get a lot of stuff?"

"Ummmm, we did, actually," I answered as I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and closed the car door.

"We better start taking these things up," said Taeyang as he went to get some of the grocery bags at the passenger's seat.

"You don't worry about the bags, Sam," said Daesung. "We'll take care of it from here. You must be exhausted."

"Oh, no, it's fine," I said. "I wouldn't mind carrying some at all."

Seungri went to open the other side of the door to the passenger's side and found Christine seated there staring at her phone.

"Oh, I completely forgot that Christine went along with you guys," said Seungri.

"Christine," I called out to her. "Can you please get out of the car so that we can get the groceries?"

Christine didn't respond and kept on looking at her phone as though I hadn't said a word with a weird crazy smile on her face. She had been like that for a really long time now. Seungri and Daesung looked on at her while I rolled my eyes and Taeyang on the other side had already carried some grocery bags in his hands and was ready to go up to the apartment.

"What's wrong with her?" Seungri asked.

"She's been like that since the whole way here," Taeyang answered.

"Mind telling us why?" Daesung asked.

I looked over at Taeyang and he also looked back at me. I didn't know what to say about what happened at the store. Although it was easy enough to spit it out, for some reason, I couldn't.

Seungri and Daesung looked at the both of us, wondering what was going on.

"Aren't you two going to say anything or are you going to just stare at each other?" Daesung asked.

I scratched my head. "Well, it's complicated."

Seungri looked on at Christine and bent over to stare at her more closely. He waved a hand across her face. She didn't budge or react at all. She was as still as a statue.

"What's wrong with her?" Seungri asked again as he looked at me. "Because right now, she's looking like a lunatic and that worries me."

"Sam will tell you," said Taeyang. "She'll explain it better than I ever will."

"Tae, but...."

I soon realised that it was no use stopping Taeyang as he walked up the stairs to the entrance and entered the lobby. I looked on as he went. Now, I was all alone to give an explanation to Daesung and Seungri. A pretty dumb one if you ask me.

"What's going on, Sam?" Daesung asked. I turned to look at both him and Seungri. "One thing's for sure, something happened to Christine for her to be in this state and you're going to tell us why."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't. I went on to look at Christine and she was still smiling like a fool, staring at her phone and tapping on it, doing whatever. Only Taeyang and I knew why she was behaving like this. It seemed unfair to keep the others in the dark. They were bound to find out eventually.

"Okay, fine, I'll tell you," I said. "But can we get her out of the car first?"

"Christine?" Seungri called out to her as he held her shoulder and shook her.

"Mmmmm," Christine muttered as she finally took her eyes off her phone and stared up at Seungri.

I folded my arms. "Well, that was easy," I said. "She wasn't responding to either Taeyang or me the whole way back here."

"Wait? We're here already?" Christine asked as she looked at her surrounding outside the car. She seemed very surprised.

"You never noticed, Christine?" Daesung asked, with a surprised look on his face.

"How could she notice where she is if all she could ever look at the entire time on her phone was BTS?" I said.

Seungri and Daesung both turned to look at me at the same time, taking in what I said. Christine sighed at the mention of BTS and went all dreamy eyed.

I didn't want to say it out in a rude way but I just couldn't stand the sight of Christine looking like a loony any more. Getting her into the car the time we were done with grocery shopping was more than enough to put me on edge. It was worse off when she didn't say anything to either Taeyang and I in the car.

"Ooh," Seungri gave a small laugh. "So, she met BTS. That explains everything."

"Sorry, if in any way I sounded a little rude," I said.

"No biggie," said Daesung. "At least you don't look as stupid as Christine is right now."

The three of us both stared at Christine hoping she would react to the comment but she didn't say a word. This time, she was up in the clouds and smiling to herself. Well, her beautiful utopia was about to get ruined and I was glad that I would be taking the liberty of doing so.

"Come on, Christine," I said as I grabbed her by the elbow and pulled her out of the car. She almost fell to the ground but she was quick enough to balance her body with her legs.

"Whoa, Sam," she said looking a bit surprised at how much strength I put in to drag her out. "Be gentle, please."

"You should be glad I didn't slap you in the face because that wouldn't be as gentle as what I have done now," I said.

"I never knew you had that much strength, Sam," said Seungri with a grin on his face.

"She should have been a boxer if you ask me," said Christine as she sulked.

"Then I would just knock your teeth out so that you wouldn't be able to smile for BTS or for anyone for that matter, ever again," I said.

"I'll keep my mouth shut," said Christine as she covered with her free hand.

"Okay, let's go," I said still holding her elbow. "I'm afraid if I leave you alone, you might just head to someone else's apartment."

"I'm fine, Sam. I swear. You don't have to drag me around like a little kid, you know?" Christine protested.

I didn't listen to her as I dragged her with me anyway. I could hear Daesung and Seungri chuckle to themselves as Christine and I went up to the entrance and found ourselves in the lobby, heading for the elevator.

The two of us entered BigBang's apartment through the already open door. Taeyang was in the kitchen packing what we bought while my brothers and TOP were in the living room like I expected they would. My brothers were still playing video games as TOP watched them play.

TOP looked our way as he noticed us come in and so did my brothers who soon paused the game.

"What took you girls so long?" TOP asked. "Taeyang said something was wrong with Christine." He looked at Christine. "Are you okay?"

"I wouldn't be asking her that question because she's not," I said as I let go of her elbow. She winced and held it dearly.

"You really hurt me, Sam," Christine whined. "If you weren't my cousin, I would sue you."

"Well, I wouldn't be the one getting sued today after what you just did at the grocery store," I said with my hands on my hips.

"What did she do?" Daniel asked, turning his body fully to look at us.

Taeyang laughed behind us in the kitchen. "It was so funny," he said.

"I'll let Christine tell you," I said as I turned around to head towards the kitchen. "All this has made me pretty thirsty."

"So, what happened?" Mike asked Christine as I went to the fridge and took out a jug of water and went to the cabinet to get a glass.

"Please, don't ask," said Christine. I saw her join the others in the living room and slept on the couch opposite from where TOP sat with her hand covering her eyes. "It's so embarrassing now that I think about it."

"You can never do anything embarrassing," said TOP. "You, Christine are too sweet for that."

"I beg to differ," I said, the glass close to my lips as I took a sip of water. Taeyang who stood beside me laughed even more.

"Ya, there are times when Christine could be crazy," said Daniel. "But not as much as Zoey, of course."

"This time, she went overboard," I said.

"Almost like Zoey?" Mike asked as he looked at me.

"Yep. But not as much as Zoey of course."

Mike looked at Christine who still slept on the couch like some person who had had a long night of partying and was completely wasted.

"Tell us, Christine!" Mike insisted. "Now I'm curious."

Just as Mike was insisting, Daesung and Seungri came in through the open door carrying grocery bags.

"Hey, Christine!" Seungri called out to her as he came into the kitchen with Daesung. "Tell us what happened when you met BTS?"

"Oh, goodness," said Christine as she sat up to look at Seungri. "Seungri!"

"What?" Seungri had already put the grocery bags on the kitchen table and shrugged his shoulders. "I was just asking."

Christine groaned out loudly in frustration as she fell back onto the couch. Mike and Daniel looked on at her, both their mouths agape.

"You met BTS?" Daniel asked not believing it.

"Oh, now I see why she's so upset," said Seungri. "Hope she isn't mad."

I patted Seungri on the shoulder. "No, she isn't. Don't worry about it," I said. I went to rinse the glass in the sink.

"Christine, come on," said Mike. "Say something. How was it meeting BTS?"

"Don't ask," she said as she stared at the ceiling. "It was embarrassing."

"Really embarrassing," Taeyang and I said at the same time.

"Please, not another word," said Christine as she sat up and held her head in her hands.

"Why?" I asked. "As much as it was so embarassing, you would have been in serious trouble with what you did."

"What did she do?" Daesung asked.

I went to join the others in the living room, sitting next to Christine. I started to tell them how I unexpectedly bumped heads with Jimin, in the process, meeting the rest of BTS who also came to do some shopping.

"Let me guess," said Mike. "Christine screamed like a lunatic and ran towards BTS, right?"

"Yep, but in the process, she caused quite a havoc," I said as looked at Christine.

"Don't say anything more, Sam," said Christine as she clapped her hands together. "I beg you!"

"She almost killed a few people, if that's how I can put it," said Taeyang.

"How?" Daniel and Mike asked at the same time.

"I bumped into a lady while I was running and she ended up hitting a guy with her cart. The cart pushed the guy and he almost found himself in those refrigerators," Christine answered.

"Well, I'm glad you admitted what you did," I said with a smirk.

"I wish I was there to see that," said TOP with a smile.

"That's not the only thing she did," said Taeyang.

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter