Chapter 12: The First Teaser

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I turned around in my bed and I wrapped my arm around something. My panda. The panda Seungri bought for me as a gift the time I had a cold and since then, it's always been on my bed. I always get the chance to sleep with it when I want to. It's always so nice and comforting to wrap my arms around it because its so soft and cuddly. I hugged it tighter until I felt something a little off.

The panda felt different.

I opened my sleepy eyes and when I stared at the panda on the bed, I realised that it wasn't my panda.

"Oh my goodness!" I yelled, fully wide awake and full of shock, rolling off the other side of the bed. I fell to the floor and in the process I hit my head on the small drawer where the lamp stood.

"Ouch!" I moaned on the floor from the terrible landing and also to the bump to the head.

"Sam! Aish, are you okay?"

I held the side of my head as I rolled over on the floor so that I could lay on my back, still . I stared upwards completely dazed and there was G-Dragon atop my bed staring down at me.

"Is she okay?" came Zoey's voice that sounded as if from a distance. "If she's dead, you're so going to pay for it, Ji Yong!"

I felt like I was about to pass out with the scenery around me turning into a blur. I felt myself being lifted up from the floor and being laid down on something soft. I figured that was the bed. I felt my world spinning and every time I tried to figure out what was happening, my head hurt even more.

I could hear voices around me, but I couldn't make out who was there and where they stood. Their voices all sounded muffled up in my ears and the scenes in front of me still a blur. I felt confused and every time I tried to do something, my head ached like hell.

I felt something soft touch my cheek and I could hear the person's voice closet to me become clearer with every second that passed.

"....Sam, Sam, please say something? Are you okay?"

"We're so dead. Collins is going to kill me for letting you in here just to try and surprise Sam. Now look, she looks like she's going to pass out on us at any moment."

"Zoey.....what the....? What happened! Is she okay?" came another voice.

"She's fine. She just had a little fall, that's all."

"Sam?"

I felt another hand touch my other cheek. I still couldn't figure out what was going on and who was there. I could tell there was Zoey and G-Dragon, but I couldn't tell who the third person was.

My vision became worse as I soon felt like I was sinking into a deep black hole. Maybe passing out would do me good. Maybe in that way, my head wouldn't hurt anymore because the pain was unbearable and I couldn't hold on.

"Sam? Sam, stay with me, stay with me!" G-Dragon called out to me.

But I let myself sink in deeper till I could see nothing more.

***

Zoey's P.O.V

I groaned when Sam finally passed out after G-Dragon called out to her to stay with him. I bit my lip and I knew I was in big trouble.

G-Dragon turned to look at me and I could read it on his face too.

We were all in big trouble.

"Sam?" Lee, who stood on the other side of the bed, called out to her again as she still held Sam's cheek. There was nothing we could do. Sam completely passed out.

Lee stood upright and looked at G-Dragon and I. She folded her arms and had a scorn on her face.

"Do you mind explaining to me what happened?" Lee asked.

G-Dragon and I were quiet. What could we say? That we wanted to surprise Sam and it didn't go as planned? Even if we were to make up a lie, the fact is Sam passed out and it's all our fault.

Lee didn't expect us to say anything as she turned to look at the end of the bed where Mike, Daniel and Christine stood. They too were in on this and were just as guilty as G-Dragon and I.

"Collins isn't going to like this at all," said Lee. "What were you thinking?"

"We just wanted to surprise her, that's all it was," I answered.

"But didn't you think twice that she might just hit herself in the process? She just passed out and look! She has a bruise on her forehead."

I turned to look at Sam who laid on the bed and she had a slight bruise on the head from where she hit the wooden drawer. From afar, you couldn't even tell that it was even there. The bruise would heal quickly within a few days, I don't know if Sam was ever going to heal from this at all.

"So, I expect you guys were filming all this, weren't you?" Lee asked the other three at the end of the bed.

"No.... well...," Mike hesitated as he hid his phone behind him. "Yes."

"Unbelievable! You guys are just great! What am I supposed to tell Collins when he notices the bruise on her forehead?"

"That she slipped and fell by accident?" I suggested as I bit my lip.

"I'm not Sam whose a pretty good liar and is willing to save you from Collins all the time! What you did was unforgivable and I don't know what to say to Collins when he finds out about this."

"We're sorry," said Daniel. "We didn't mean for this to happen."

Lee sighed. As she much as she was angry, she still felt sorry for us.

"You should be saying sorry to the person you almost killed today." She turned to look at G-Dragon and I. "I don't know about you two, because I know you're the masterminds behind all this. Just pray that Sam will be willing to forgive you. I'll go get the first aid kit."

Lee walked out of the room. We were all quiet for a while until Lee was out of earshot.

"This is all your fault!" I blurted out pointing my finger at G-Dragon.

"Me!" he turned around on the bed to look at me. "You said me lying on the bed with her acting as the panda was a good idea."

"Do you know what, we're all to blame here," said Christine.

"Ya, but who came up with the freaking idea?" Mike asked.

Everyone's eyes me and I shrugged my shoulders in defense.

"You can't possibly blame me for all this. If it's anyone to blame, it's GD. He was the one who wanted to surprise Sam."

"I had a different thing in mind until you came up with this stupid idea," said G-Dragon.

"Maybe you shouldn't be listening to my ideas in the future then!"

"That we can totally agree for once," said Mike. "Your ideas could land anyone in prison or worse. You almost got my sister killed."

"I also feel bad, okay? She's my best friend and the one person I truly care about."

G-Dragon turned to look at Sam, still unconscious. For a moment there, you would think she was fast asleep. She looked like an angel. If anything worse had happened, I would never forgive myself. But I still couldn't help but worry though. What if the bump to her head causes her to lose her memory? I bit my lip at the thought of that and I prayed for it not to come to pass.

G-Dragon sighed. "Now Sam will never forgive me," he said.

"Aww, don't say that," said Christine. "She will be mad..... for a really long time."

"You aren't helping," I said rolling my eyes at Christine.

"No, she's right," said G-Dragon. "Sam is going to be pretty mad at me when she wakes up and probably wouldn't want to see me."

"You're way better," I said. "I'll have to face her wrath everyday."

"She'll easily forgive you since you're her best friend." G-Dragon looked at me with a frown.

"True," I shrugged my shoulders.

Even if I was comforting myself with this, I still felt I wasn't going to get away with it that easily.

Lee came in the room with a first aid kit and sat down on the bed to put up a band aid on Sam's head.

"You guys better get ready to head to YG," said Lee after she was done.

"We're going to YG?" I asked. "What for?"

"The only way you're ever going to know, is if you all go there."

"Are you being sarcastic on us right now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you think? I won't lie, I'm really mad at you for what you've done."

"I'm sorry, Lee. Trust me, this isn't what I wanted."

"Well, sorry isn't going to help you in the next five minutes because Collins sent the chauffeur to come pick you up and you aren't ready yet."

"Gotta go," said Daniel as he and his older brother dashed out of the room.

Christine also ran out of the room in a panic. If there was one thing Collins didn't like, is us running late.

"I better go take a quick shower too," I stood up from the bed as I looked at Sam one last time.

"You'll also have to go with them, Ji Yong," said Lee.

"But what for?" he asked. "I want to be here when Sam wakes up."

"Unfortunately, your managers want BigBang, The Toxins, BlackPink and WINNER to all be there. So, I'm afraid you've to go and let Sam rest."

"But why do they all need us there for?" I asked.

"I'm not saying a word," said Lee. "I would have given you a hint but, I'm afraid I can't."

"Because of Sam?"

"Because you're standing there wasting time."

"Oh." I quickly dashed for the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

I'm not really sure how I was done getting ready within minutes, because I found myself downstairs in the lobby, heading for the entrance. As I passed through the front door, paparazzi flooded around me like a swarm of bees, capturing pictures.

These were the times I would sometimes pause for the camera. One thing I liked was getting attention and having my picture taken. I would even pause to have my good side taken. But today, I felt really different.

I felt irritated that they were around and trying to chase them away would seem rude. But that's why security guards were around for. Two guards appeared in front of me to create room, keeping the paparazzi away. I felt glad that I could finally breathe and walk up straight to the SUV. Now I knew how Sam felt.

"Looks like someone isn't in the mood for the spotlight today," said Christine as I sat next to her and closed the door.

"Don't make fun of me," I said as I rolled my eyes.

The driver started the car and drove out of the hotel premises. G-Dragon followed behind us in his own car and Lee remained behind to take care of Sam.

"It feels so weird that Sam isn't here," said Daniel in the back seat.

"Tell me about it," I said as I looked out of the window. "It feels like she's been away forever when it's only been a few minutes."

"I just wonder what Lee told Collins about Sam," said Mike who sat with his brother at the back.

"Do you think she might have told him the truth?" I asked, turning to look at Mike.

"She did sound serious that she had no idea how she was going to defend us. She might as well have told him the truth."

"I hope not." I turned to look in front again.

"If only Sam hadn't gone unconscious she would have at least made up something to explain the bruise on her head," said Christine. "Luckily it wasn't even that serious."

"But we made her fall unconscious." I looked at Christine. "Now that's serious. What if she wakes up and she has no idea of who she is?"

There was a long silent pause in the car and I could tell the others were now thinking of the dire consequences that might follow.

"Don't say such things," said Daniel. "It won't happen. Not to my sister. And you better stop thinking like that or else you will have us all worried."

"Besides, you and G-Dragon will be the ones to pay for it since you two came up with the idea in the first place," said Mike.

"Okay, okay," I said. "I shouldn't have brought that up since you're now attacking me again. Let's change the subject."

Again, there was silence. We were all trying to figure out what to talk about next and forget about what happened to Sam.

"Why do you think they need us at YG for?" Christine asked.

"I've no clue," I replied. "Calling in four groups means something is definitely going on."

"Wait, it's not only us they called to go there?" Mike asked.

"BigBang, BlackPink and WINNER," I answered.

"Mmmm, can it have something to do with BTW?" Daniel asked.

"Maybe," said Mike. "Makes perfect sense to me."

"But why bring in BigBang then?" I asked with my arms folded. "They are not part of BTW."

"Maybe they plan on bringing in BigBang in to it too," said Daniel.

"No way, that will completely change the name," said Christine. "It might as will be BBTW or B squared TW."

"B squared TW doesn't sound that bad," I said.

"Well, I doubt that," said Mike. "If there is anyone who wouldn't want to have our groups all put together, it's G-Dragon."

I winced. I totally forgot what he did to us after BTW went to the mall and made a name for ourselves. He almost got us into trouble. But hey, who could keep a grudge on G-Dragon? I know Sam can, but it was one that wouldn't last forever. She only had a mere hate for him which wasn't that serious.

"You're right," I said. "Maybe the managers have something else up their sleeves."

"Just like Lee said, there is only one way to find out," said Christine. "We're finally here."

The car drove through the open gate entering the parking lot. G-Dragon's car came in behind us. When the car had finally packed, I looked out the car window and who I saw standing by the entrance of the YG building, made me yelp.

"Collins' there," I announced to the others who were ready to get out of the car.

They all looked out the window and Collins just stood by the entrance with his arms folded. He had a serious look on his face. Were we that late or was he mad at us for some reason?

"He looks angry," said Mike. "Do you think he knows?"

"I don't know," I said as I shrugged my shoulders. "This is scary."

"We can't stay in the car forever," said Daniel. "It will look suspicious. We have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter