Chapter 6: BigBang's Dorm

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fact that we had excitedly emerged victorious yesterday with making BTW official couldn't get out of my mind. I couldn't get over the feeling and I know I wasn't the only one.

Yesterday after our meeting, us The Toxins, BlackPink and WINNER decided to have our own private party. We all couldn't be in one place because of the condition our managers gave us not to meet too often. We weren't going to put BTW on the line and risk all that we struggled to keep alive. So, the only way we could celebrate together was through webcam using Skype.

Ya, you heard me. Skype. As much as it sounds silly, it was the only thing I could think of and at the end of it all, everything worked out pretty well. I used my laptop, which I realise, I haven't used in a while and connected with WINNER and BlackPink at their respective dorms also through their laptops.

Our celebration was silly if you ask me. There wasn't any food or drinks we could all drink together and celebrate. But we did dance to pop songs and act all goofy because we were so happy that BTW will be made official.

Not only did we celebrate, we also had a chat about a lot of things. Not about how BTW will be become a huge hit when its finally official. We also got to know each other a little better and it was fun having this kind of interaction even if it was over the net.

As much as I am happy about our victory, I still couldn't get off what happened with G-Dragon yesterday that it still hurt. We haven't tried to talk to each other since. I hadn't tried to call him and he hadn't even tried either. I think it was better this way because I needed to get my mind off things and focus on the future with BTW.

And also, I had to focus on the cards I had in my hands right now. I only had three cards left. I looked across from where I sat on the floor and I could see Daniel had three cards in his hands too.

"Sam?" Zoey who sat to my right asked. "Do you happen to have any threes?"

I looked at the set of cards in my hand. I had a queen, a nine and a three. Zoey's really lucky, and so am I.

"Here," I gave Zoey the card and she happily took it from my hand. From the set of cards in her hands, she drew out another three and threw the two cards in the centre of the circle.

"Finally," said Zoey. "I've gone fishing too many times and I don't know if I can handle all these cards in my hands."

"You're already losing the game, Zoey," said Mike who sat in between her and Daniel. "You've too many cards indeed."

"Don't push me into saying something you might regret later," said Zoey as she gave Mike a dangerous look.

Before Mike could hit back with a silly response, I interrupted him by asking Christine to my left, "do you have a nine?"

Christine stared at the cards in her hands. "No, go fish," she replied.

"Dang it!" I muttered as I stretched out my hand to the deck of cards, called the pool, that were overturned so that you wouldn't see the card you picked. This time I picked an ace of eights. How agonising!

"Daniel, do you have a king?" Christine asked Daniel.

"No, go fish," said Daniel as he smiled at Christine.

Christine stretched out her hand into the pool to get a card. And her face cringed upon seeing what she got.

Daniel turned to look at Mike. "Do you happen to have a two?"

Mike looked at his brother. "No, go fish."

"Are you sure?"

"You think I'm lying?"

"Anyone can lie in Go Fish so that the other wouldn't win."

"And if it comes to Mike, I wouldn't be surprised," said Zoey.

"You're the one whose lying because whenever I ask you for a card, you don't have any," said Mike.

"It's because I don't have the card you're looking for!"

"It's the same here with Daniel. I don't have a two."

"Can we please get on with the game?" I asked. "Afterwards, you can fight like cats and dogs."

"Does Mike have to be the cat? Because I can't wait to have him for lunch," said Zoey.

"Dogs don't eat cats," said Mike as he rolled his eyes.

"But they are better and stronger than cats."

"Says who?" Mike and I asked at the same time.

There was a pause as all eyes were on Zoey. Christine almost burst out laughing but held it in instead. Zoey sighed.

"Forget it," said Zoey as she looked at her cards. "Let's just carry on with the game."

Daniel stretched his hand to the pool to pick a card. When he looked at it, he smiled as he withdrew another card from his hands and threw the two cards in the centre. They were both twos. The rest of us gasped.

"What? How do you do that?" Christine asked in amazement.

When it comes to Go Fish, Daniel was always considered the lucky one when it came to picking out cards from the pool. It's because of that that he's usually the first one to have all his cards laid down. When he doesn't get the card he's asking for, he somehow manages to pick the right card at just the right moment from the pool.

"I'm just lucky I guess," he said with a smile on his face.

"'I'm just lucky I guess,'" Mike mimicked his brother. "Admit it! Whenever you shuffle the cards, you always win."

"That's not true and you know it," said Christine. "How many times have we all shuffled the cards and still Daniel wins by laying down all his cards first?"

"Since today." Mike scratched his head as he looked up at the ceiling.

"He has magic fingers and you know it," said Zoey.

"Fine, let's continue the game, shall we?" Mike turned to look at Zoey. "Do you have a ten?"

Zoey removed a card from the cards in her hands and gave the card to Mike.

"Thank you," said Mike as he took the card and withdrew another ten from his set, throwing the two cards at the centre.

"You're not welcome," Zoey muttered as she rolled her eyes.

"I know," Mike smirked.

"Sam, do you have a....?"

Zoey was interrupted by the hotel landline ringing. We all fell silent as the five of us looked at each other wondering who was going to pick it up.

"Isn't anyone going to get that?" I asked as I went back to looking at my cards.

"Looks like no one is going to do it, so I will," said Christine as she got up from the floor, leaving the cards she had over the floor and went to pick up the phone.

"Hello," said Christine cheerfully as she put the earpiece to her ear. "Oh, he is here?"

I turned to look at Christine and I saw her looking back at me. Who was here to see us that she looked so nervous? Could it be G-Dragon?

"Mmm, I wonder who it is," said Mike, with an eyebrow raised.

Christine looked away as she said, "you can tell him to come up. Thanks."

"Who is it, Christine?" Zoey asked.

"Ummm, it's G-Dragon," said Christine as she looked at us and her eyes fell on me last. "I hope it's okay that I let him in."

"Well, it's fine if he has come here to apologise," said Daniel. "But I ain't mad at him for what he did yesterday."

"I think that last statement was for Sam," said Zoey.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Well, it's pretty obvious you're still mad at him unlike the rest of us and that you don't want to see him."

I got up from the floor and dropped the cards I was holding. "I am mad, yes. And, I'm in no mood for his apology. If you need me, I'll be in my room."

"You know, you aren't being fair," said Christine. "Why can't you hear him out first? I bet for him to come here he is sorry for what he did."

"Christine's right," said Zoey as she also got up from the floor. "He hurt you and us too. But you already know that if it wasn't for what he did, there would be no BTW. And the most important thing is that you two are friends. Knowing you, you don't like to hate anyone forever. We all know why he did that in the first place."

"Well, some of us don't," said Daniel. "May you clarify on that part, please?"

Mike hit the back of Daniel's head. Daniel growled in pain as he held his head and looked at his older brother.

"What was that for?" Daniel asked.

"You act like you don't know what's going on sometimes when you do," said Mike.

"No, I do...." Daniel paused as his eyes looked like they would pop out of his sockets any moment now. "Ooooh. I get it now."

I shook my head at my brothers and before I could think of what to say next, we heard the sound of the elevator doors open. He was here. Dang it! I didn't want to be in the lounge when he got here. What was I going to do now?

I heard footsteps from the hall and I knew he was coming. He soon appeared at the entrance of the lounge and I paused at the sight of him. My heart even skipped a beat.

G-Dragon was staring right back at me and this time he had a sad smile on his face unlike the silly cute ones he would give me most of the time. I noticed the bags under his eyes and I could tell he hadn't slept well last night. Apparently, I hadn't either.

"Ah! GD, you're here!" Zoey said excitedly as she went over to him and gave him a brief hug. I guess after all that had happened between the two of them, Zoey still showed some affection towards him. She's always admired him after all.

"Looks like you're not mad at me," said G-Dragon as he put up a bright smile for Zoey. I turned away when I felt a sharp piercing inside.

"Gosh, you're still worried about that?" Zoey asked as she laughed. "Just so you know, I can never stay mad at you."

"Same here," said Christine as she went over to hug G-Dragon as well. "Are you okay? You look like you haven't slept at all."

"Of course he hasn't," said Mike as he and Daniel got up from the floor. "I can tell it's because you're worried that Sam might stay mad at you forever."

I wanted to fire back at my brother but I kept my mouth shut instead when everyone turned to look at me. I felt like I had been put in an awkward position right now and all I felt like running out of the lounge.

"So," said Daniel as he clapped his hands. "I think you two have a lot to talk about. We will leave you two alone."

"No," I said just as the other Toxins were about to turn around and leave. "G-Dragon and I already talked yesterday. There is no need for us to talk and I am surly not in a mood to hear a thing he has to say."

Zoey's jaw dropped as she looked at me. "You're so harsh, Sam. To be honest, I've never heard you say anything like this."

"Don't forget, she's mad," said Christine. "You know how she is when she's like this."

"Aren't you going to say anything, GD?" Daniel asked as he looked at G-Dragon.

"No, I have nothing to say," G-Dragon replied. "Sam's right. We have nothing to talk about. And just like she isn't in a mood to hear what I've to say, I didn't come here to see her."

I was stunned. And so were the rest of The Toxins. I tried not to show my reaction as I folded my arms and pursed my lips tightly together. Because I felt like screaming out loud with rage.

"Then why are you here?" Mike asked.

"I wanted to apologise to you guys with what happened yesterday," said G-Dragon. "I didn't get to do so when I had the chance, so, I'm sorry."

"Don't sweat it," said Daniel. "Just like Zoey said earlier, we can't stay mad at you, so we are cool."

"And to make it up to you, I would like to take you somewhere."

"Ooooh! Where do you want to take us?" Zoey asked with so much excitement.

"To our dorm. BigBang's dorm."

I almost dropped to the floor as I felt the world spin below my feet. Did he just say BigBang's dorm? The dorm where the five lived under one roof throughout their music career. Oh, gosh! I felt like screaming to the heavens with excitement.

Christine and Zoey were doing so already.

Unfortunately, I couldn't.

And I felt I was going to get sick. Sick with envy that is.

"OMG! Are you serious right now!" Zoey asked as she jumped up and down and gave a scream.

G-Dragon smiled. And I could recognise it from a mile away. He was doing all of this just to get to me. If he thought he was going to move me, I wasn't shaken at all. Well, at least that's what I told myself.

"I can't believe we to get to go to your dorm," said Mike with an unbelievable smile on his face. "Okay, I can't help it. I'm excited too."

"Me too," said Daniel. "Wait, hold up. Should we tell Collins that we will be going to your dorm so that we wouldn't get in trouble?"

"Daa! Of course," said Zoey. "I wouldn't like to get in trouble ever again. Especially now that we have two managers instead of one."

I smirked in the inside. Even if they were to ask Collins, they wouldn't get to go. As far as the managers' instructions were concerned, we were told to keep a low profile at the moment. If the universe was on my side, the managers weren't going to agree at all.

"I had a talk with them this morning," said G-Dragon. "I convinced them you should come and they said it was okay."

"For real?" the four Toxins asked at the same time.

G-Dragon nodded his head. "For real."

Looks like the universe was never on my side the entire time. Dang it!

"We better get going then," said Zoey as she clapped her hands. "I'll go get myself ready." Zoey rushed out of the lounge.

"Ya, me too," said Christine, following Zoey.

"I don't want to behave like a girl but it looks like I've to get ready too," said Mike.

"I am right with you," said Daniel and the two brothers left the lounge.

It was now the two of us. All alone in the empty, quiet lounge. This felt ridiculous. Especially when I imagined a tumbleweed roll right between us in the room.

I wasn't looking at G-Dragon the whole time the quiet moments passed. I could feel his eyes on me and my eyes were on the floor looking at the cards scattered everywhere. Our game of Go Fish had been completely interrupted and forgotten about all because of him.

"Aren't you going to get ready?" G-Dragon asked.

"No," I answered as I moved a queen of hearts on the floor using my big toe. "I'm not going."

"May I ask why?"

I looked up at him. "You know why."

I went down to kneel on the floor and started to gather all the cards together. I saw G-Dragon approach through the corner of my eye and I pretended not to notice.

"It's a pity that you aren't coming," said G-Dragon as he now stood a foot away from me. "We were going to have so much fun together."

"Too bad indeed," I said as I finished gathering the cards together.

I stood up from the floor and this time, I looked at G-Dragon straight in the eye.

"I know you did this just so I can forgive you," I said as I gave G-Dragon a smile.

"And I can see that didn't work," he said as he smiled back.

"Ya, it didn't."

"What's it going to take then for you to forgive me?"

"Mmmm." I stared up at the ceiling as I bit my lip pretending to be deep in thought. "I don't know. But you'll figure it out someday."

"You look so y when you bite your lip like that."

I almost dropped the cards I was holding in my hands and my cheeks blushed all of the sudden. I cleared my throat as I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. I looked at G-Dragon who had a playful smirk on his face and that almost made me blush even more. But I stood my ground and told myself that I was not shaken by his soothing charm.

He suddenly raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm impressed."

"Impressed with what?" I asked.

"You don't seem to be surprised at all with what I said. The Sam I know would have her cheeks blushing throughout. But this time, you didn't even last for seconds."

I smirked. Good. If I could keep this up, I might just have him begging to his knees for me to forgive him.

"Looks like your charms don't work on me anymore," I said. "So, if you could excuse me, I think we are done here."

Just as I was about to take my leave, G-Dragon came to stand in front of me, blocking my way. I almost bumped into him as we stood so close facing each other.

"I still think I have an effect on you, my dear kitty," G-Dragon said softly as his eyes bore into mine. "If anything, I think I got you when I told the others that I was taking them to see BigBang's dorm."

"Ha!" I almost laughed out loud, rolling my eyes. "As much as I am a fan, trust me, I don't need you to invite me over just to see your dorm."

G-Dragon nodded his head and smiled. "Of course, the rest of my group members will do so when you ask them to. Since they are likely to obey to your every command."

"Obey? No. But yes, they would come and bring me over if I ask any one of them to."

"That seems more like telling them to carry out an order."

"I don't give orders, GD."

"You've no idea how you sometimes play the role of a queen, Sam." G-Dragon leaned closer and his musky cologne almost drew me in. "You might not know it, but you're one."

This time I blushed but I kept myself under control again and tilted my head to the side as I folded my arms.

"Nice try," I said. "That didn't work either."

"Are you really not going to forgive me?" G-Dragon asked.

I smirked. "One thing is for sure, I can't stay mad at people forever. Most especially you. I won't lie that I am still upset with what you did yesterday. But that doesn't mean you don't deserve another chance."

"So, you forgive me?"

I smiled this time around. "Yes. And that's only because I can't stand that you have to struggle to make me fall for your little charms and schemes just for me to forgive you." I didn't mean it anyway.

"What?" G-Dragon raised an eyebrow at me.

"You heard me. But that doesn't mean I'm going with you guys to your dorm."

G-Dragon had a surprised look on his face and I felt like kissing him on the cheek for the fun of it. But instead, I gave him a wink and walked past him. Just as I was about to leave the lounge, Zoey and Christine suddenly appeared from the passage way, blocking my way.

"Okay, BK, you've done enough," said Zoey as she folded her arms. "I want you to forgive G-Dragon right now."

"I already did," I said. "And by the way, those black high

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter