Chapter 14: The Second Teaser..... And Monsta X

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sam's P.O.V:

I mourned in frustration when Zoey started singing in the hall again. She had been singing "Lotto" the whole morning. As if singing it at the concert last night wasn't enough. She kept on singing the chorus and she sang it wrongly as usual, getting a few Korean words right. It's not that I hate the song. It's one of my personal EXO favourites. It's just that the more she sang the louder she became.

And I mean obnoxiously loud.

"I'm not going to enjoy my breakfast today," said Mike who sat next to me at the dinning table as Zoey walked in, hitting a high note.

"Me too," said Daniel who sat across from me and had his elbow on the table and his cheek on his hand. He looked miserable.

Zoey came over to sit next to Christine who looked rather irritated.

"Can you please stop singing!" Christine fully blurted out in Zoey's face.

For a moment, the whole place was quiet. What a way to silence the boom box. I was stunned and so were my brothers. Zoey on the other hand, looked embarrassed.

"Wow! What just happened?" Mike asked.

"I silenced her, that's what happened," Christine replied as she went back to eating her breakfast like nothing had happened.

"You should be doing that more often," said Daniel.

"Excuse me?" Zoey asked. Looks like despite the shock, she was trying to put herself back together.

"She should be shutting you up more often," said Mike as he smiled. "That's what he meant."

"After all, Christine's done a pretty good job doing so," said Daniel.

My two brothers laughed and gave each other a look. I shook my head and smiled. I almost laughed too.

"You see, Sam," said Zoey. "I didn't want to argue today and your brothers are already putting me on edge."

"Just ignore them," I said. "Oh and Christine, that was a little harsh, don't you think?"

Christine gave a shrug. "Zoey was making too much noise."

"I know. That's why I'm saying thanks."

Zoey gasped in horror as she held her chest. "I don't know who you're anymore."

I gave Zoey a shrug as I put a strawberry in my mouth. My breakfast couldn't be any sweeter.

It just got more sweet when Lee came in the lounge with a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers.

"Ah, flowers," said Zoey. "Who are they for, Lee?"

"Obviously to all the girls in this room," Lee answers as she put the bouquet on the table. "From EXO."

Christine clapped her hands with glee. "So sweet of them."

"Too bad they never got anything for us," said Mike as he rolled his eyes and drank his juice.

"Well, they invited you two boys for a boys' night out tomorrow," said Lee as she held up two tickets and waved them like a fan. "You going for a baseball game."

Mike spat out the juice in his mouth and the droplets almost splattered all over Christine and Zoey's faces. They squealed in disgust as they closed their eyes.

"For real!" he finally stood up with an unbelievable look on his face.

"I'm waving the tickets in front of you," said Lee. "Of course, for real."

"So cool!" Daniel also jumped up from his seat.

"But why didn't they invite us?" Zoey asked looking hurt.

"It's a boys' night out as earlier said," said Mike. "No girls allowed."

"But I'm also a fan of baseball." Zoey sulked.

"No, you're not," the rest of us said at the same time.

"Fine." Zoey folded her arms looking red faced.

"It won't be wrong for the boys to have some quality time with them," I said. "It's a good thing if you ask me."

"At least I won't have to see them for a while," said Zoey, looking at my two brothers.

"Mmmm, imagine what I'll tell EXO about you," said Mike with a little smirk on his face. "And all your embarrassing moments."

Zoey grew wide eyed and threatened. "Don't you even dare."

"We will see about that."

"Are you guys ready? We need to go to YG," said Lee.

"Yes," the four Toxins said at the same time except Zoey.

"I haven't even eaten yet," Zoey complained.

"If you weren't singing that song in the bathroom for thirty minutes, you would have eaten already," I said as I got up from my chair.

"Fine, I get it," said Zoey as she got a slice of toast and stood up. "Lets go."

"I'll get you a cappuccino on the way," said Lee.

"You're an angel," said Zoey giving Lee a hug.

We all headed out of the lounge, into the elevator and out of the hotel on our way to YG. But first, we made a stop at the café (not the one Zoey met with Jehan last time) to get a cappuccino for Zoey.

"I change my mind," said Mike before Lee got out of the car. "I also want a cappuccino."

"What?" Lee looked at him with a confused look on her face.

"I want one, too," said Daniel.

"Me three," said Christine.

"Me four," I joined.

"No, wait a minute," said Zoey as she stood upright on her seat with a hand raised. "I wanted a cappuccino. You all can't get one. I didn't have my breakfast."

"But we all want a cappuccino," said Daniel as he pouted his lip.

"You guys are so unfair."

"I'll go with Lee to help her out," I volunteered.

Lee and I got out of the car, leaving the others in a fit of a conversation.

"You guys are so impossible today," said Lee as we made our way to the café. "What's up?"

"Who? Us?" I asked as Lee opened the glass door to the café and the tiny bell rang. The strong smell of coffee filled my nostrils. I couldn't help but sigh with delight.

"Who do you think I'm talking about? Of course, I mean all of you. You look all jumpy as though you all took some kind of energy drink or something. You should have been tired from all the practice and the fun at the concert yesterday, but you aren't."

"I didn't notice," I said with a smile as Lee and I joined a small queue by the counter.

"Zoey on one hand, couldn't stop singing Lotto, Christine told her to shut up."

I raised eyebrow. "You heard that?"

Lee turned to look at me. "I don't miss out on such things. And you and your two brothers have been on Zoey like wolves. I wonder what's up with all of you. It's like you want to take over the whole world or something."

"Nah, I think that's how we are."

"Times two," said Lee as she lifted her index and middle finger.

The line in front of us moved up pretty quickly and soon, Lee was ordering our cappuccinos. I stood beside her while I waited.

I hadn't noticed this before, but the café had been playing music for a while and it was until I heard a familiar song being played that it caught my attention.

I gave out a little squeal of delight that didn't capture much of people's attention in the whole café, but Lee turned to look at me.

"Now what's wrong with you?" she asked.

"Can't you hear the song that's playing right now?" I asked with excitement as I moved from side to side to the tune and snapping my fingers.

"Let me guess, Monsta X. Hero, right?"

"Yep," I said with a smile as I stopped dancing. Didn't want to attract too much attention.

"You see. Now you're acting weird. It feels like you're jolly for some reason."

"It's Monsta X, Lee."

"Even if it was BTS you would have controlled yourself. Something is a little off with you and with the others too. Did a full moon come by and changed you all over night?"

"If you're thinking we are werewolves of some sort, it's so not funny." I gave her a grim look.

"You're right. Maybe you all just woke up on the right side of the bed this morning."

"I don't know. I just feel something good is going to happen today. You know that feeling when you're all happy and you don't know where it all came from?"

"I get that once in a while. But it's strange that you five all have it. Anyway, let's go."

Lee paid for the cappuccinos in front of her and she carried three cups on a cup holder tray and I carried the other three as well.

As we were heading out of the café, I kept on singing Hero in a low tone, snapping my fingers with my other free hand and with a smile on my face. I had to admit, I was really enjoying myself.

Just as Lee reached the door of the café and went out first, someone was just coming in while I wanted to go out. The person looked preoccupied and was looking at his phone the whole time. I for one didn't mind at all.

We both passed through the doorframe, which apparently was wide enough for two people to pass through, but at the same time, my shoulder slightly brushed the person's shoulder.

It happened so fast that when I found myself outside the café, I stopped. Something funny happened when I brushed shoulders with that person and I couldn't tell what it was.

"Hey, are you okay?" Lee asked as she reached the car and saw me standing there like a statue.

I opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out of my mouth. I looked back at the café and I could see through the glass door the person I had bumped into had also stopped in his tracks just in front of the door as he was inside. Could it be that he felt it too?

I wanted him to turn around so that I could see his face, but Lee snapped me back to reality.

"Come on, Sam! We're going to be late," she called out to me.

I quickly ran over to the car and got in why Lee got into the passenger's seat.

"What was that all about?" Zoey asked as soon as I settled in the car.

"Nothing, I just remembered something," I replied as I looked out the window towards the café.

Christine and Zoey got their cappuccinos from Lee while my brothers got them from me.

"Mmmm, this is so good," said Christine as she drank some.

"This so much reminds me of home," said Mike at the back.

The chauffeur soon started the car's engine. I still had my eyes towards the café and I noticed that the guy I bumped into had joined the small queue at the counter. And he was looking out the café window at the car. He was looking directly at me and me at him.

My face flushed and so did his when we both recognised each other.

Before I could utter a word, the car already started to make its way down the road and away from the café.

"Sam, are you alright?" Lee asked.

I hadn't noticed till then that all eyes were on me. I felt so lost and confused. Not after seeing who I bumped into at the café.

"I...um," I stammered for a bit until I pulled myself together. "I'm fine."

"You haven't complimented on the cappuccino and you've been sitting like a statue looking out the window," said Daniel.

"And you're blushing," said Zoey. "Tell me, did you see a cute guy in the café?"

"Zoey," the rest in the car muttered apart from me.

"What? I was only asking."

"Yes, I did," I answered.

That made everyone grow quiet and have their eyes on me again. Zoey and Christine soon squealed in delight. Lee and my two brothers looked otherwise confused.

"What did he look like?" Christine asked excitedly.

"Yes, tell us! Give me details," said Zoey and she soon drank from her cup.

"I don't even know where to start," I said as I tried to drink my cappuccino.

"Awww, looks like she likes him," said Lee with a smile.

"Of course she does," said Zoey as she now held my shoulder. I looked at her. "Now tell me. Does he have brown or black hair or is his hair dyed in some crazy colour?"

"Why do you want to know about his hair colour?" Daniel asked.

Zoey shrugged. "I just want to know. Not about his hair colour but everything."

"Everything, everything," muttered Mike as he took a sip of his cappuccino.

"It doesn't matter because you'll be surprised when I tell you who he is," I said.

Again, all eyes on me. Looks like I caught their attention.

"We know who he is?" Christine asked looking surprised.

"Yep."

"Why aren't you telling us anything?" Zoey insisted. "Now I really want to know."

"Okay, okay. You might as well eat me alive, so I'll tell you."

I paused for a moment before I could open my mouth and say anything. I even took in a sip of my cappuccino.

"Mmmm, this is so good," I muttered.

"Sam!" they all exclaimed at the same time.

"What?" For a moment there, I was startled.

"Tell us who you saw at the café?" Lee asked.

"You know what, Lee, I'm even surprised you didn't see who the person was yourself because just as you came out of the café, he was coming in."

"I didn't notice. For the record, he was looking at his phone the entire time."

"Aren't you going to tell us who it is or not?" Daniel asked sounding anxious.

Just before I could say anything more, my phone in my purse beeped. And so did everybody else's. That was weird. Anyway, it's not the first time this is happening.

I took my phone out. I had a message from Seunghoon.

"The second teaser is out," I announced.

"I got the same message from Lisa," said Mike.

"I got it from Jinwoo," said Christine with a smile on her face.

"Mine from Mino," said Zoey with a grin.

"Got it from Rosé," said Daniel.

"Collins," said Lee.

"Weird," I said.

"Let's check it out first before Sam could continue with our mystery man," said Zoey swiping away on her phone obviously looking for her YouTube app.

"No can do guys," said Lee. "We're already here at YG."

"What!?" The five of us muttered at the same time and we all looked out the car windows. We were definitely at YG alright. How did we get here so fast and how hadn't we realised it sooner?

"Dang it," muttered Mike.

"Come on," said Lee as she opened the door on her side. "You're supposed to be at the studio hall in two minutes."

"Ha, I don't want to be on bad terms with Miss Sharky," said Zoey. "We better get moving."

"Miss Sharky?" Christine and Daniel asked looking confused.

"Let me guess," I rolled my eyes. "Our dance instructor for the event, Ji Yeon."

"Da," Zoey replied. "Let's go. We might be remaining with one minute."

I opened the car door and dashed out first. I ran round the YG main building, towards the huge studio hall. I could hear the others running right behind me. As soon as I passed through the open doors of the hall, I stopped when I found BlackPink and WINNER inside and no sign of the organisers.

"Hey, Sam," greeted Jisoo. "Where are the....?"

Before she could finish her sentence, Zoey and the others all ran in and stopped behind me. Just like me, they were also panting for air.

"Are you guys okay?" Jennie asked as she came towards us.

"We're fine, just trying to catch our breath," said Daniel.

"Hey, did you receive my message?" Seunghoon asked as he stood in front for me.

"I did," I said after I was relaxed and drank my cappuccino. Surprisingly, I still had it and I hadn't spelt a drop while I ran here.

"Did you see the video?" Mino asked.

"We are just about to do so right now," said Zoey as she gathered her composure and took her phone out of her pocket with excitement.

"Ah! The rest are all here," came a woman' s voice behind me. I noticed the annoyed look on Zoey's face when she heard her voice.

Ji Yeon came in with Ji Nun and BigBang.

The Toxins, WINNER and BlackPink bowed upon seeing the the two dance instructors. A few of us waved at the BigBang members.

"Okay, let's pick up from where we left off," said Ji Nun.

We followed the two dance instructors further into the studio. We stood apart from where the construction set was still being worked on.

"This is so unfair," Zoey whispered to me before we could organise ourselves. "Why does Miss Sharky have to ruin everything?"

"Who's Miss Sharky?" TOP whispered as he came from behind and almost stood in between Zoey and I.

"You already know given that look on your face," I said lowering my voice.

"What are you so upset about?" TOP asked Zoey.

"I didn't watch the teaser," Zoey answered.

"'We' didn't watch the teaser," I rephrased.

"Oh, I see," said TOP. "And Miss Sharky ruined everything."

"You got that right," said Zoey.

"Stop calling her Miss Sharky," I insisted.

TOP and Zoey smiled and we soon paid attention to the dance instructors in front of us giving out their instructions on how each group were to go through with their dance routine.

As much as we complained over the change of routine yesterday due to Ji Yeon's demands, today was a whole lot easier to go about it. I grew surprised when Zoey didn't complain much when Ji Yeon was taking us The Toxins through the routine she planned out for us. We were actually enjoying ourselves.

"Good," said Ji Yeon after she watched us go through the routine she had showed us to do for the third time. "You're getting better and better the more you practise. Let me go and check up on WINNER."

Ji Yeon left to check on WINNER who were with Ji Nun a few feet away from us. The two instructors decided to share between them the four groups. The Toxins and BlackPink with Ji Yeon and the other two with Ji Nun.

"Wow, you guys are really having fun today," said Lisa, who stood with the rest of BlackPink nearby, watching us practise.

"You think so?" Christine as she to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter