Chapter 23: Surprise Me

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Sam," said G-Dragon as he came towards me. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

At the moment, I was having a chat with Jennie and Jinwoo. Others were dancing and having a good time. At some point, there was a dance competition between Christine and TOP, which was hilarious since TOP wasn't much of a dancer. With Lee as our host, she made it even more exciting when we had to do a ballroom dance and I had to dance with Taeyang. And I never thought Mike had that kind of music for such an occasion.

A few minutes later, the party died down a little bit, but the music still kept us going since people soon switched to chatting mode. I wondered when Lee would bring out the piñata. I was really in the mood for candy.

"Hey, Sam, are you there?" G-Dragon asked as he looked at me, waving a hand across my face.

"Oh, goodness," I said as I shook my head, shaking off the craving for candy. "Sorry, GD, I was so preoccupied with something that I didn't hear you for a second."

"I would like to have a word. Hopefully, Jennie and Jinwoo wouldn't mind."

"No, we wouldn't, hyung," said Jinwoo as he smiled with Jennie.

G-Dragon quickly took my hand and led me out of the lounge. I had to admit, he was very fast when doing so that Lee didn't notice us leave as she was talking to Seunghoon and Rosé.

G-Dragon and I were soon in the hallway. We stopped as he turned to look at me.

"What is it?" I asked. "Don't you like the party?"

"It's why I dragged you out here," he said. "I didn't get the chance to tell you that the place looks really amazing and the party is much more fun than I expected."

"Now you agree with me that it was really a good idea to invite the others, right?"

G-Dragon smiled at me and said, "it definitely was. Thanks, Sam."

"You're welcome. Now, can we get back to the party? Lee is going to notice that we aren't there."

"Does she really notice that fast?"

"If she's not busy chatting with someone, then yes, she will."

"Okay, let me be quick then. I noticed that a few minutes after we arrived, you went out of the lounge to talk to Lee. Is something up or are you guys planning something?"

I felt caught in a net. I thought no one was going to notice that except maybe the other Toxins because they knew I had something to tell Lee. I was a little surprised with the answer I gave G-Dragon, saying:

"Yes, there is something. You guys will have to wait, because it's a surprise."

Well, I was clearly talking about the piñata and I wasn't lying about it. Though I could be lying about another surprise waiting for us at any moment.

"Oh, really? Why can't you tell me about it."

I shook my head. "No, it wouldn't be fair to anyone else at the party. So, you just have to wait like everyone else."

G-Dragon groaned. "Really?"

"Really, really."

"Is there anything I could do just for you to tell me?"

"Are you talking about a bribe?"

"Does it sound like it?" G-Dragon raised an eyebrow, playfully questioning me.

"Ya, it is. Can we go back to the party now?"

G-Dragon smiled at me. "Fine, if you say so."

I stepped out of the way and I gestured with my hand that he had to go back to the lounge. He stood there for a moment and looked at me then he made his way back to the party. I was following right behind him when Zoey appeared from inside and she held my shoulders, dragging me backwards into the hall.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"What was G-Dragon talking to you about?" she asked as she folded her arms.

"He wanted to know what we had planned for the party. I told him it was a surprise."

"You were referring to the piñata, right?"

"Ya, I was, but I didn't tell him about it and that he had to wait."

Zoey blew out a sigh of relief. "Did you tell Lee about the thing?"

I knew what she meant when she said "thing." "Yes," I answered, "I did."

"How did she take it?"

"She was a little surprised, but she said she will see how everything turns out."

"Well, I just hope the others won't be upset."

"You know, I feel BigBang also have some sort of surprise for us."

"Really? Did you find out from G-Dragon?"

"No, I didn't ask him. As a matter of fact, I should have just traded information. He wanted to know what our surprise is and I should have asked him what they have for us too."

"But why didn't you?"

"I would be wasting the surprise. And besides, we could easily just get the information from one of the BigBang members without any struggle or any trade at all."

"I think I know who you're targeting here."

I smiled and she smiled back. She definitely knew who my target is.

"Let's go back to the party," I said.

"Okay, I have faith that what you're going to do will work," said Zoey.

"Don't get your hopes up. We're running out of time and I really need to think of something quick."

Zoey and I went back into the lounge where everyone was now dancing to a BlackPink hit song. Everyone seemed to be having fun, and when I found my target, I looked over at Zoey and we both nodded our heads then went our separate ways.

I started to dance to the rhythm of the beat as I slowly made my way to the crowd of people dancing in the middle of the lounge. I was dancing next to Jennie who happened to be rapping on her part in the song. She was oblivious that I was even there. I went further into the crowd, bypassing Mino and Christine who were dancing together. Soon, I found my target and just as I was about to approach, someone took me by the hand and pulled me aside away from the crowd.

"What the..." I looked at the person who had pulled me. It was Daniel.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The cake is here and Lee wants you to take care of it," said Daniel.

"The cake is here now?" I was a little surprised. We weren't expecting the cake so soon.

"I know, I'm also surprised. We haven't even hit the piñata yet." He had a frown on his face upon mentioning the piñata.

"Your love for candy is just adorable. But right now, we have to deal with the cake and I was planning to do something just now."

"Like what?"

"I'll tell you later. But why can't Lee handle the cake? Even the hotel staff are better off doing it."

"She said she has something to do at the moment and we don't have much of the hotel staff to help us out. There's another function going on downstairs."

"And we only have those two at the tables attending to our guests," I said as I put the math together. I bit my lip in thought. "Okay, looks like I'll have to handle the cake."

"I can help you if you want."

"If that means you the cream off the cake, then fine. Let's go."

Daniel and I were just heading out of the lounge when Zoey quickly approached us. 

"Sam, where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm going downstairs with Daniel," I answered.

"But what about the plan?"

"It can wait for a little while longer. I've been told to do something."

"And what do you need to do that requires you to head out of the party?"

"Gosh, now is the time you want to be an investigator?" asked Daniel as he slapped his forehead with annoyance.

Zoey almost said something to him but I interrupted by saying, "look, the cake has arrived and Lee is busy, so she told me to handle the cake."

"And I'm also helping," Daniel added on for himself.

"May I help? I also want to see the cake."

"I just want to the cream before anyone else does," said Daniel.

"Okay, quick, we need to go before anyone notices that we are gone," I said.

The three of us rushed out of the lounge and entered the elevator. Luckily, no one had come for us as soon as we got in.

"So, what were you two planning to do a few minutes ago?" Daniel asked.

"Should we tell him?" Zoey asked as she stood right beside me.

"Well, there's no harm in telling him," I said as I stared up at the elevator monitor.

Zoey turned to look at Daniel. "Okay, Sam here thinks BigBang might have a surprise for us."

"Really?" Daniel looked surprised.

"Ya, I noticed the time they arrived that something was up," I said. "And Seungri was just about to tell us something but G-Dragon and Taeyang covered his mouth."

"That's something. And I bet you didn't find out what it was because I pulled you aside."

"Yes. But let's handle the cake first, then we can find a way to reveal what surprise these guys have for us."

"Okay. This party is just getting exciting," said Daniel as he rubbed his hands together.

We soon reached the ground floor and just as we stepped out of the elevator, we heard noises at the entrance door of the lobby. The three of us turned to the source of the noise and we saw a group of fans lifting their colourful flyers with sweet messages on them. They cheered upon seeing us that for a moment, I almost had a heart attack. I almost forgot that we had visitors downstairs. Luckily, they were just behind the door with the security keeping them at bay. But they didn't seem to want to barge into the lobby with force. They just stood there, well behaved. It's what I liked about Korean fans. If we were back home, the three of us would be rushing back in the elevator by now. There were few paparazzi taking pictures with their cameras.

Zoey gave out flying kisses to the fans and that drove them a little wild. All Daniel and I did was wave at them. But we had to focus on what we came to do. And that was to get the cake.

We went to the reception desk where we asked the kind lady about the delivery.

"Oh, yes, there is a delivery truck just outside the back," she said with a smile. "Will you three be able to handle it? We can bring some of the staff to help you out."

"Thanks, but we heard of the function going on and they might be busy," I said.

"Okay, but just in case, inform us when you need any help."

"We will, thanks."

"You can use the kitchen to get throu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter