Chapter 1: Guess Who Was In The Closet

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Samantha Glasson. I'm known to almost the entire world with the initials B.K, that is, Black Kitty.

Why Black Kitty if you may ask? Well, that's my stage name (got it under weird circumstances). And I'm guessing for someone like me to have a stage name, I must be some kind of a celebrity. Which I am. Well, let me give you a quick summary.

I'm the lead singer, dancer, songwriter and leader in an American pop dance group called The Toxins which consists of five members. Myself, by childhood best friend, Zoey, my two brothers, Mike, who follows after me and Daniel, the youngest in the group. And last but not the least, my dear cousin, Christine.

In the music industry, life is never easy. But with time, we got where we wanted to be. With all the support we rendered throughout the last three years, we became very successful. We even had our own fashion clothesline named after my stage name which became a huge thing as well.

But that wasn't the best part. In the past few weeks, we got to collaborate with one of the popular boy groups in the k-pop music industry, BigBang.

As usual, when you go to a new place with a culture different from your own, you get to face a lot of challenges. Fitting in wasn't the worst part. When it comes to groups, we usually tend to have a lot of differences and we get into a fit of ups and downs. I had that with BigBang's leader, Kwon Jiyong, also known as G-Dragon.

This time around we're all good and apparently that wasn't the only thing we all had to deal with. Zoey, my best friend (who pretty much gets into trouble), found herself into a little of a mix with a French diamond smuggler and the two groups had to work together to bring him down. Which was dangerous by the way and I had no idea what I was thinking with coming up with that horrendous plan which worked out in the end.

It's been two days since we had the diamond smuggler arrested and right now, I'm in the hotel room, standing on top of Zoey's bed because the weirdest thing had happened to me just a few minutes ago.

The lights went out and surprisingly someone had been hiding in my closet and had jumped out to push me to the floor. I had tried to run out of the room but I was bought back in. And the next thing I know, I'm trying to defend myself with a bed lamp, standing on Zoey's bed and when the lights came back on, I receive the shock of my life and had dropped the lamp to the floor.

"You? What are you doing here?" I asked.

Seunghoon was staring at me with a smile. To be honest, I never expected that HE was the guy who had been hiding in the closet. HIM! A member of a k-pop group called WINNER, under YG Entertainment.

"Did I surprise you?" Seunghoon asked.

"Huh, ya, you did," I said, as I looked at him and then went to look at the floor where the broken lamp lay. "And now the lamp's broken."

"It can be taken of. It's no big deal." Seunghoon shrugged his shoulders.

A knocking came at the door and it was then that I remembered that the others were still at the door after they heard the noise in the room. Seunghoon had locked the door to prevent me from going out and the others from coming in.

"Sam, are you okay?" Zoey called out to me. "I heard something break in there! Answer me if you're still alive!"

"I heard her say something," said Seungri. "I bet she is okay."

"Why isn't she saying anything now?" Mike asked. "Do you think she killed the person who was in there? There is definitely someone with her."

Seunghoon and I stared at the door without saying a word. There was silence at the other side of it and I knew seconds later, this was going to happen:

"Sam! Open the door!" Zoey was banging on the door this time. "If the person in there is dead, then you better open the door right now and we can all sort this out!"

If there was anything Zoey is good at, it's being melodramatic. I rolled my eyes and jumped off the bed, standing beside Seunghoon.

"Zoey takes my brother too seriously sometimes," I whispered to Seunghoon.

"Don't be so dramatic, Zoey," said G-Dragon. "I bet Sam hasn't even killed the person, who ever it is."

"Why isn't she saying anything then?" Zoey asked. "Something in there is definitely wrong."

"Sam, please say something," said Christine.

"Sam, I'm scared," came the voice of my younger brother, Daniel. "Say something. This isn't funny anymore."

I never heard my brother talk to me like that ever since he was five years old. Once there was a time during Halloween when I went out trick or treating with him just a few blocks from home. I decided to hide in the bushes, just to play a little trick on him when he stopped by a house to get candy. When he turned around on the porch, he kind of freaked out, thinking I might have been taken by a boogy man or something. He ended up crying and calling out to me on the street. In the end, I decided to step out of the bushes because he was so scared and his little shouts were attracting attention to those nearby. He was so relieved in that vampire costume of his when I appeared that he hugged me and told me how scared he was. It was then that I promised I would never scare him like that again.

"Sam, are you there?" Daniel called out to me, with that same tone he had had when he was five.

"I'm alright, Daniel," I called out. "Don't you worry."

There were huge sighs of relief at the door and some muttered "thank goodness."

"What's going on in there?" Daesung asked. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said.

"Can you please open the door?" G-Dragon asked. "We've been worried sick."

I looked at Seunghoon, who looked back at me. How was I going to tell them? If they were to see Seunghoon, I don't know what would happen.

"Are you seriously going to open the door?" Seunghoon asked.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked quietly. "It's going to be difficult for you to get out of here. Which reminds me, why are you even here anyway?"

"I'll tell you if you don't open the door."

"What!" I whispered. "How am I going to tell them about all the noise? They are not dumb to figure out that I am not alone. I'm going to tell them whether you like it or not."

"Are you serious? If Jiyong and the other hyungs (형) find out, I'm dead. Especially with our manager."

"I already know your manager. Trust me, he's just like Collins. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

"I sure hope so."

"Hello, Sam? What's taking you so long?" Daesung asked.

"What if the person in there is a criminal and has held Sam for ransom?" Zoey asked.

"Now that's just silly," said Seungri.

"If the person in there is really holding Sam for ransom, I'll blame you for this, Zoey," said G-Dragon.

"What! Why!" Zoey asked.

"Because you always get into trouble. Remember what happened with Jehan?"

"We should call the police."

"There will be no need for that," I said as I went back to looking at the door. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Then what's going on and why aren't you opening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter