Chapter 28: We Are Making An Album

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I yawned and stretched on my comfortble bed, I turned around to the side where I could see the window. It was morning alright and a Saturday too. That meant I could sleep till whenever, but at the moment, I didn't feel like sleeping in late since I was already awake. I sat up on my bed and checked the time on my phone that had laid next to my bed lamp all night as usual. It was only 6:55.

I kicked away the bed covers and stood up from my bed. I continued to stretch some more before making my way to the bathroom. Zoey was still fast asleep. I really admired people like her who knew they had to sleep in on a weekend.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face a little to help me be wide awake, I went back in the bedroom, wore my sleeping gown and bed slippers, then made my way out of the room into the hall. It was quiet. So quiet that I could hear the noise of the traffic outside as I made my way into the lounge. There were cars honking, cars accelerating unto the road and some people calling out to each other as they went about their daily business.

I made my way to the balcony, opened the door and stepped out. The air outside was nice and refreshing. I looked down the balcony where I could see the main road outside the hotel premises. Even on a weekend, people still seemed to be busy, most of them, I bet, were going to work. Others were probably going somewhere spending the weekend with their friends and families.

As I continued to look around the town, I heard someone coming closer behind me. I didn't turn around immediately as I said:

"Morning, Daniel."

"Dang it!" Daniel muttered as he came to stand by my side. He was also in his sleeping robe. "How did you know it was me?"

"I don't know," I said as I smiled at him. "Maybe it's because you're always trying to get back at me for creeping up on you sometimes."

"That's because I never hear your footsteps. You're a cat, remember?"

I laughed. "I know. Why are you up so early?"

"I just woke up. I thought you would be sleeping in too."

"Just like you, I also woke up."

"Yesterday was fun, wasn't it?"

"Ya, it was great."

The two of us continued to look out around the city of Seoul from the balcony. We didn't say a word as we just stood there and watched for a while.

"I'm hungry," said Daniel as he broke the silence.

"We can order breakfast right now while the others are asleep. But no sweet stuff for you," I warned. "You had too much yesterday."

"I know, I know."

The both of us went back inside the lounge and we found Collins by the hotel landline. Hopefully, I thought, he was ordering our breakfast.

As soon as he put the phone down, he turned to look at us.

"I was wondering who was out at the balcony," said Collins. "I was expecting Sam or Lee to be up, not you, Daniel."

"I know, it's an improvement," said Daniel with a smile.

"Did you order our breakfast?" I asked.

"Ummm, no, actually, someone called," said Collins.

"How come we didn't hear the phone ring?"

"As soon as I came in, the phone started to ring and I picked it up immediately."

"Oh, who was it from?" Daniel asked.

"Some reporters want an interview with you guys over your new single with BigBang. And also on BTW."

I rolled my eyes as I scoffed. "Mmm, same old, same old," I said.

"Ya, so the phone will be pretty busy at some point during the day, so, you shouldn't mind at all. I should let Lee take care of it."

"That's if she gets out of bed early," said Daniel. "Everyone's really bummed out after yesterday's event."

"Which still proves to be a success. Have you checked the number of views on your video?"

"I don't want to know right now. I would check on that later. I like to be surprised by the number when I least expect it."

"I agree with my brother," I said. "Besides, I don't think I'm in the mood to look at my phone early in the morning."

"You kids are really something else," said Collins. "Okay, let me call room service so that they can bring up our breakfast."

"Thank you," said Daniel as he sighed in relief. "You just read my mind. I'm hungry. Oh, and no sugary stuff for me, please. Sam warned me that I shouldn't have anymore."

Collins raised an eyebrow at Daniel. "I know," he said. "Your mum would kill me if she ever finds out. She's as tough as nails."

"Well, I'm glad that you agree there is someone out there who is way tougher than you."

Collins just shook his head at Daniel while I placed my hand on his head and ruffled his short black hair. Collins soon picked up the hotel landline and called for room service to bring up our breakfast.

It was still just the three of us now settled at the dining table after our breakfast arrived. Collins made sure to order toast, eggs and bacon for all of us so that Daniel could have a non-sweet healthy breakfast. There was coffee and juice for any of us who preferred either.

"So, what are you all planning to do today?" Collins asked as we ate.

"Come to think about it, we didn't really think about it," I said as I looked at Collins.

"Or talked about it," said Daniel.

"Maybe you guys could do an interview today?" Collins suggested. "But again, it seems too soon and the reporters would really like BTW and BigBang to be there."

"Won't that be too crowded?" I asked. "We're way to many."

"Please, Sam," said Daniel. "There are K-Pop groups whose numbers are more than the four groups combined and they carry out interviews just fine."

"Daniel's right. But then again, we wouldn't want to make it too complicated," said Collins. "So, I think it would be okay if each leader in each group attend the interview. But I have to run it through Yang Hyun-Suk first. I bet he has also been receiving calls like I have."

"Yes, but let's not do it on a weekend," I said. "We've had such a busy week and I bet what everyone wants to do is just stay in and get enough rest as possible."

"I agree," said Daniel raising his fork in the air.

"Yes, you guys can rest for the entire weekend," said Collins. "But let's not forget that on Monday we are on a tight schedule from then onwards. BTW has to be right on track with creating new songs."

Daniel dropped his fork after he had just picked up the bacon he had cut out and wanted to put in his mouth. I for one, almost choked on my orange juice as I gently placed the glass down on the table.

"Did you just say songs, songs? Not 'a' song?" Daniel asked.

"Ya," Collins answered. "You guys will have a little album. Won't be more than five songs."

"Five songs in two weeks?" I asked also shocked. "That's too much pressure, don't you think?"

"I know. But you guys wanted BTW so badly. So, we thought it will be fun if you made an album."

"An album in two weeks. We have to come up with songs and produce them. It's going to take a lot of time."

"We know. That's why the three combined groups have excellent song writers, producers and choreographers. So whatever happens, you will all be fine. Remember, this isn't the first time you have worked under pressure."

Daniel and I looked at each other and we knew he was right. Going through this obstacle wasn't going to be the first time for us, Toxins. We had gone through hard times after our debut turned out to be a disaster and the five of us at that time, had to make it work the second chance we got. And it really did count. Some would have called it luck. Others would have called it hard work. But the five of us called it putting our life on the line.

"So," continued Collins as we went back to looking at him. "I hope you will be able to break this news to the group. We wanted to tell you all this yesterday but everyone was in a good mood."

"And you think telling them now will be great?" Daniel asked.

"Not really, no. But it's best you know this today rather than on a Monday when you've had a good weekend of rest."

"I can get started on some lyrics," I said. "But it isn't going to be easy. I need some inspiration to write."

"I hope the inspiration comes soon. You should prepare and tell the others as well. Right now, you're in charge."

"Wait, I'm in charge of BTW?"

"Yes, you're the leader."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" I said waving my index finger. "I can't be leader."

"Why?" Daniel asked.

"Because it's BTW and it's a huge group. I already have the four of you Toxins to deal with."

"Ya, but what does it got to do with the others? The rest are more mature than we are, so, handling them will be fine."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Easy for you to say because you're not the one who has been given the responsibility."

Daniel smiled at me. "Good point."

"Sam," said Collins. "I know you don't want this, but Yang Hyun-suk thinks the same too. There is no better person to take up this role."

"But why can't it be someone like Mino or Seungyoon? Jisoo or Jennie? Zoey or Mike?"

Daniel raised an eyebrow at me and so did Collins. Then they both started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I can't believe you thought of Zoey, but, let's face it, Sam," said Collins."You have been chosen by Yang Hyun-suk and I to lead BTW."

"Well, Zoey's the one who came up the grou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter