Chapter 19: As Red As RedVelvet (Part 1)

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You should have seen the looks on their faces when I pushed Kai and Sehun into the pool," said Daniel with a smile on his face.

"And then Sehun got mad at me," said Mike after chewing his food. "Then he started chasing me around."

"That I already know," I said as I lifted my cup of coffee to my lips. "What I don't understand still is why you made them play out a Pokemon scene. A rather funny one for that matter. Taking pictures of them in their costumes felt more than enough to embarrass them."

"Nah!" Mike shook his head. I sat opposite him on the dining table. "If you've noticed, when these guys wear costumes, they look so cute their fans wouldn't mind. So, I wanted them to give out a little play."

"Well, that worked," said Zoey who sat next to Mike. "They looked cute but better yet, you embarrassed them. I had to admit, that was good."

"Thank you." Mike gave a smile.

"This is why I never want to bet with you on anything," said Christine who sat next to me on my left.

"Ya, I'm a definition of pure evil," said Mike as he gave out a smirk.

"That, I totally agree," said Zoey.

"Well, that was some story," said Collins who sat at the head of the table. For a moment, it didn't seem like he was listening because he was looking at his tablet and seemed to be minding his own business. But looks like he really was listening.

"Mike's still not done yet," said Lee who sat on my right. "He still has to tell us if Sehun got him or not."

"Oh, ya!" Zoey slowly nodded her head as she looked at Mike. "Did he get you?"

Mike looked at every one of us at the table. We all looked back at him, including Collins, waiting for his reply.

"I didn't get away," Mike answered. "He got me trapped in the gaming room. There was no escaping him from there."

"Wait, they have a gaming room?" I asked.

"Ya, it's almost like an arcade in there," said Daniel. "They even have Marvel comics too."

"Wow, so cool," said Christine.

"I should go there sometime," said Zoey.

"Me too," I said.

"And don't forget me," said Christine.

"Well, that's going to be a problem," said Collins who went on to looking at his tablet.

"Oh, gosh," Zoey murmured as she covered her eyes and shook her head. "When Collins says that, something good isn't going to come out of his mouth."

Lee almost laughed. "That's true," she said.

"That isn't always the case," said Collins as he looked at Zoey.

"Okay," Zoey looked at Collins as though she was ready to throw a challenge at him. "When has there ever been a time when you first say that sentence and later on bring us good news?"

"That's what I'm about to do now. I'm bringing you good news."

"It doesn't sound like it," said Daniel.

"See, even Daniel thinks the same," said Zoey.

"Well, maybe it's because you guys won't be able to find time since BTW will soon have to start working on their new single."

"Oh, I forgot about that," Zoey went on to hit her forehead.

"I put that as a good and a bad thing," I said. "On one hand we have BTW which will be fun, but we won't have time to visit EXO's villa or do anything else for that matter."

"Glad you put that in plain English so that Zoey can understand," said Collins.

"I understood you from the very start, Collins," said Zoey almost looking hurt in her eyes.

Collins smiled. "I know you did. Okay, finish up everyone. As you all know, we have a long day ahead."

We were soon done with our breakfast and we stood up from the table. The rest of us Toxins were prepared to carry our training bags waiting at the elevator until Collins stopped us.

"Wait, hold on a second guys," came Collins. We all turned to look at him behind us. His eyes were fixed on his tablet.

"What's up?" Mike asked.

"Don't tell me that BTW has been terminated," said Zoey. "Or else I am definitely going to kill someone today."

"You would?" Lee turned to look at Zoey with a surprised look on her face.

"I would kill the one who would have the guts to spoil our BTW dream."

"There will be no killing of anyone," said Collins. "And no, Zoey, BTW isn't terminated."

Zoey wiped her brow with relief. "Then what's going on?" I asked.

"Well, Yang Hyun-suk has suggested you guys take the day off."

"For real?" the four of us Toxins asked.

"For real. You guys have worked so hard these past few days even on the weekend when you were supposed to be resting. Training will resume tomorrow on Wednesday."

"And then the launch of our single with BigBang and BTW will be released on Friday?" Christine asked.

"That's what the schedule says, doesn't it?" Collins shrugged his shoulder. "You guys can now do whatever you want. If you need me, I'll be in my room making a few phone calls."

Mike and Daniel dropped their bags onto the carpet floor at the same time looking relieved.

"Are you up for Call of Duty?" Mike asked looking at his brother.

"Totally," Daniel answered.

Just as the two brothers were about to take a step towards the living room, Zoey stopped them as she stood in their way.

"Wait, guys, hold on," she said raising her hand to stop them with her phone in the other. "I'm afraid you will have to do your line of duty another day."

Christine and I almost burst out laughing but held it in. Zoey looked at the both of us.

"What so funny?" Zoey asked.

"You said 'duty'," said Christine.

"Seriously?" said Zoey. "These guys were just from saying that a second ago and you never said anything."

"When you say it, it sounds funny," I said.

"Grow up." Zoey rolled her eyes at us.

"Looks like someone is behaving mature," said Collins as he quickly turned around and headed for his room.

Zoey was about to say something to him but she was out of words. Before we knew it, Collins had shut the door to his room behind him and Zoey still hadn't uttered a word even with open. I saw Lee smiling beside me. Collins always knew how to leave Zoey speechless and confused. And it never took him much effort to do it.

"Never mind," Zoey muttered as she looked at the two brothers again. "As I was saying, you two can't go on and play your video game."

"And why not?" Daniel asked with his arms folded.

"Since we have a free day, BigBang just texted me that we should go over to their place."

"Oh, really?" Mike looked brightened up by the news. "I think we should go."

"Ya, Taeyang thinks we haven't gotten to hang out for a while as The Toxins and BigBang."

"That's a great idea," said Lee. "You guys go ahead. You won't need me around to babysit you. As much as it's your day off, it's mine as well. Just make sure you behave."

"Then what are you going to do?" I asked Lee.

"I am going to the spa. These past few days have been hectic running up and down for your launch on Friday. I truly deserve this day off."

Lee made her way to the elevator and pressed the button to summon it. As soon as she stepped in when the doors opened, she turned to look at us.

"You guys better book another car or something," she said. "I'll be using the one waiting outside if you don't mind."

"But Lee.....," Zoey started to say but the doors closed in front of us.

"Great! What are we going to use now?" Christine asked.

"Why don't we ask them to come pick us up?" Daniel asked.

"BigBang? I hope they won't refuse," I said as I pulled out my phone.

"Since you're the one who's asking, they will definitely not," said Zoey.

I rolled my eyes at Zoey when I put my phone to my ear. The line on the other end was ringing.

"My gorgeous princess," said Seungri when he picked up the call. "I assume you're all coming here to our dorm?"

"Ya, about that....." I said but then Seungri interrupted me.

"You changed your mind? Please don't tell me you changed your mind because we really need you guys here," said Seungri in a hurry.

"Wait a minute, hold on!" I said. "I never said that." The Toxins looked on at me wondering what was going on.

"But you were going to."

"No, I wasn't. I wanted to say we're coming over but we have a problem."

There was silence at his end and I knew he was obviously feeling embarrassed.

He cleared his throat. "What could be the problem, my little kitty?"

"Well, Lee took the car and none of us want to bother Collins about booking another one. And we obviously can't use public transport as you already know."

"Okay, I get it. I'm going to send a car to pick you guys up in a few minutes. Sounds okay?"

I smiled. "Thanks, Seungri."

"You're welcome, my panda."

I cut the line. "Let's wait for a few minutes. Seungri will send a car for us."

"Let's go wait in the lounge," said Christine.

Just as the five of us were heading there, we heard the elevator behind us. Could Lee be back? And so soon? We all stopped in our tracks and turned around towards the elevator.

"Hey guys!" came Seunghoon as he stepped out of the elevator.

Before I could even have time to react, Seunghoon came over to hug me first. Why wouldn't he? I was his bias after all.

"Hi, everyone," Mino followed as he stepped out of the elevator with Seungyoon and Jinwoo.

"Hey," said Zoey, sounding a little surprised herself.

"What's with the look on all your faces?" Seungyoon asked. "You look like you're not at all happy to see us."

"We do?" Christine asked with her cheeks blushing.

Seunghoon looked at me after our hug and all I could do was put a smile on my face.

"Ya, something is definitely up with you guys," said Seunghoon. "You're usually happy to see us. What's wrong today?"

"Nothing is wrong," I replied. "It's just that we weren't really expecting you here."

"Who were you expecting? The President?" Mino asked with a mocking grin on his face.

"Umm, no," said Zoey.

"Then who were you expecting?" Jinwoo asked. "Immediately our manager told us we won't be meeting for practice, we turned the car around to come and hang out with you guys."

"Wow, really?" Mike asked.

"You five are the most awesome people we know of to hang out with," said Seungyoon.

"We're so awesome," Daniel said to Mike with a smile on his face. Mike smiled back.

"So, what were planning to do on your free day?" Mino asked.

"Apparently....," I started. I didn't know how I was going to break it to them that we had somewhere else to go. "We were planning to go somewhere."

"Really? Where?" Seunghoon asked.

Before I could say anything, the land line in the lounge started ringing. I had a feeling that our ride was finally here.

"I'll get it!" Zoey said as she ran over to answer the line.

"So, where are we going?" Jinwoo asked.

"Where are 'we' going, like The Toxins and WINNER or just us Toxins?" Christine asked.

"The Toxins and WINNER, who else?"

"Our ride is here," Zoey announced after taking the call.

"Great," said Seunghoon. "We better start going."

"What a minute," I stopped him before he could turn around and head to the elevator. "You don't even know where we're going."

"Wherever you go, we will follow," said Seungyoon.

I wanted to slap my head. This was going to be a problem. How was I going to tell them we had to meet BigBang? One thing's for sure, they weren't invited.

"Okay, before you start running around like a lunatic, let me tell you where we are going first."

"Okay," said Seunghoon with a smile on his face.

I paused for a second, just looking at him. "We're going to meet BigBang at their dorm."

"Cool," said Jinwoo. "We'll come with you."

"Ah," Zoey scratched her head. She saw this to be difficult as well. "Well, the thing is, BigBang only invited us over. We aren't sure you coming with us will be appropriate."

There was silence for a while as the four group members of WINNER looked at each one of us Toxins.

"And you plan on going without us?" Mino asked. "We are still coming with you."

"Really?" Daniel asked. Daniel looked at me with a terrified look on his face. I know what that face meant: "Sam, stop this madness!"

"It won't hurt going to BigBang's dorm, will it?" Seunghoon asked. "It's going to be so much fun."

"I don't think it's a good idea," said Christine. "For a fact that someone will not be happy that you're coming over to the dorm."

"Who? Our manager?" Jinwoo asked.

"No, G-Dragon," Zoey answered.

Mino almost laughed but smiled instead. "No way," he said. "He won't get mad at us that he will chase us away."

I didn't know whether to get terrified or feel sorry for these guys. Because knowing G-Dragon well, he wouldn't like them coming over. Not when he and the rest of BigBang wanted one group over and not two.

"Why don't we hang out another time?" Mike asked. "There is always a next time."

"As much as we would yes, we're going to say no," said Seunghoon. "We're coming with you."

I shook my head. "We're already wasting time, so let's all just go."

The four members of WINNER cheered "yes!" while the other four Toxins looked at me with shocked looks on their faces.

"GD is going to be so mad at you f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter