Chapter 30: Johnny Jerkins

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is just weird," said Mike.

"It's weird for me too," said Christine.

"Me three," said Daniel.

"We better hurry, though," said Zoey. "We don't have much time."

"I agree," Mike said, then his eyes flew to me. "So, Sam, are you ready to do the honours?"

"Not really," I answered.

"Hey, guys?" G-Dragon called out to the five of us. "We're waiting here."

"Hold your horses, GD, we're coming," Zoey said as she turned her head to look at him.

I took in a deep breath. "Ok, let's do this."

"Wait!" Daniel exclaimed before we dispersed. "Are you sure telling them is a good idea?"

"We just discussed this, Daniel," said Mike.

"I know. I just want to see if we're all sure."

"We'll be okay," I said as I held his shoulder for he was standing next to me. "You can be assured of that."

Daniel nodded his head as we soon broke away from the little group discussion the five of us had.

Everyone else was seated in the lounge while the five of us had our little discussion in the dining area and then came back to join the rest. The other four Toxins sat while I remained standing. This time around, Lee and G-Dragon were seated with the others in the lounge.

"Okay, I don't know how to put this," I said, "we don't like to talk about this subject."

"We can see that," said Lee. "Is it really serious?"

"Umm, not really, no," I said as I cupped my hands together.

"Then why did you all freak out upon hearing his name?" Mino asked. "I swear, Zoey looked like she was about to have a heart attack."

"She always looks like that when she's freaking out," said Christine.

"No, I don't," said Zoey.

Christine smiled at her. "Okay, sometimes."

"Wait, but if Sam says all this isn't serious, why is it that you all reacted like your worst nightmare came to life?" Jennie asked.

"Because it did," Daniel answered.

Jennie shook her head at Daniel and scoffed. "You five are seriously the most dramatic people I have ever met."

"But we love them anyway," said Lee.

"At least I'm not the only dramatic one," said Zoey.

"Okay, guys, look," I said, bringing them back to the matter, "all I can say is, this Johnny issue might not be serious to you, but it is to the five of us."

"Then tell us why it bothers you that he is here," said Seunghoon.

"That's where I am getting to. Now, can you all keep quiet and listen."

"Sure," said Lisa. "I love a good story."

"Do you guys remember when we made our way to Times Square?" I asked.

"Yes, we do," said Jinwoo.

"Well, do you remember when Zoey and the others talked about a guy I punched when we were back in high school?"

"Oh, yes!" Jisoo said. "The guy you were talking about was Johnny."

"Exactly." I smiled at her.

"So, you punched the guy and then what; you made an enemy out of him and you've been that way ever since?" G-Dragon asked.

"Yaaa..., the problem is, that wasn't the first time we ever had such an encounter with him."

"For as long as we can remember, Johnny was always teasing us till he finally graduated," said Mike.

"And why was that?" Jinwoo asked.

"Because he liked Sam," said Daniel.

"Really? I thought he liked me," said Zoey. Everyone else apart from us, Toxins, looked at her with puzzling looks. Soon, she laughed and waved her hand. "I'm kidding. He really did like Sam."

"He liked Sam that he pretended to like Zoey to try and get closer to Sam," said Christine.

Zoey's face grew grim and I knew she was remembering what happened at that time. "Ya, he is such a jerk," she said.

"An awful jerk," said Daniel.

"When he did that, we had had enough of him and we tried our best to avoid him," I said. "But since he was the most popular guy in school, it was difficult. That's when a lot of incidents started happening. Like fights, including me punching him in the face when we were in the school bus."

"And you never got in trouble for it," said Seunghoon, as he smirked.

"But when we tried to get back at him, it would always backfire," said Mike.

Christine laughed. "I remember when you tried to put a gecko in his locker during football practise and the coach caught you," she said.

"Well, the good thing was he hadn't seen me try to remove the gecko from my backpack. He was just curious and he let me go when I lied that I was looking for something. I did feel bad for not putting it in there."

"He didn't like such things, did he?" Zoey asked.

"No, he didn't," I said. "Remember during biology class in 11th grade when we were told to dissect a frog? He let out a scream even before his partner laid a knife on the thing."

"That news went round school like wild

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter