Chapter 39: Held Down

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think she’s going to be okay?” Collins asked. You could tell by the sound of his voice that he is worried. 

 

“It’s just a sprain that will heal in a day or two,” said the handsome, male Korean doctor who wore a causal blue golf shirt with white chinos and matching white canvas. Anyone who would see him now wouldn’t think twice that he is a medical doctor. “If she doesn’t strain herself too much, she’ll be fine.” 

 

“That’s good news,” said Collins feeling relieved as he turned to look at Christine who sat on the couch, with a foot on a foot supporter in front of her. She looked at him with a stoic look on her face. “Luckily, it’s nothing serious.” 

 

“I told you I’m fine,” said Christine. Collins gave her a look that told her to be quiet. Christine read it and quickly looked up at the ceiling like she hadn’t said anything. 

 

“I can recommend a good painkiller to ease off the pain,” said the doctor. “She’ll be fine. I’ll be taking my leave now, that’s if everyone else is okay.” 

 

“Thank you, doctor,” said Lee as she stood up from the other couch she had been sitting on. “The other Toxins are fine. If you ask me, most of them are as tough as nails.” 

 

“Are we really?” Daniel who knelt on the floor in front of me, silently asked. 

 

I looked down at him and I found him staring back at me. Honestly, I have no idea. 

 

“Then I’ll be taking my leave,” said the doctor, displaying a friendly smile. 

 

“I’ll you out,” Lee offered. I clearly noticed her blush in front of him. 

 

“Thanks. Christine,” he said as he turned towards her, “I suggest you don’t strain yourself for today to see how you’ll be tomorrow. So if you’ve any dance practice today, I suggest you wait it out.” 

 

“That won’t be hard to do,” she said. “Thank you, very much, doctor.” 

 

Before the doctor and Lee could turn around to leave the lounge, Daniel and I quickly left our spot at the entrance of the lounge and silently ran down the hall, and entered one of the rooms with the door slightly open to peak in the hall. Mike and Zoey who hid on the other side pretended as if they were approaching the elevator, looking occupied with phones in their hands. 

 

Lee and the doctor soon appeared in the hall, heading for the elevator and bypassing Zoey and Mike who said goodbye as Lee and the doctor entered the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, Daniel and I quietly ran out of the room, while Mike and Zoey also made their way back to the lounge. 

 

As soon as the four of us approached the entrance, there stood Collins. His sudden appearance scared us that we yelled. 

 

“What is your problem?” he asked with his arms folded. 

 

“Nothing,” Zoey quickly answered. 

 

“Whatever. I know you guys have been hiding here the whole time.” 

 

“We didn’t want to interrupt the doctor while he was at work,” I said. 

 

“Well, as you can see, Christine is fine.” 

 

“You aren’t mad at us for last night, are you?” Zoey asked as she played around with her fingers. 

 

Collins sighed. “When I first saw the news, I’ll admit, I thought all of you had something to do with the crowd chasing you.” 

 

“Really?” Mike also folded his arms as he looked at Collins, not looking happy with that statement. 

 

“You’re always known for causing trouble, so don’t blame me.” 

 

“But you saw it yourself,” said Daniel. “Johnny announced to everybody there that we were there.” 

 

“I know, you don’t have to explain yourselves. Johnny is going to be a problem for you now that he’s here. How did he find you guys, anyway? You didn’t post anything on social media about you going out for a movie, did you?” 

 

“Of course not,” Zoey was quick enough to answer. “He came to the park with G-Dragon.” 

 

“He knows G-Dragon?” Collins looked like he couldn’t believe it. 

 

“Well, ya. Remember when we were supposed to meet BlackPink and WINNER for song writing and they didn’t show? Apparently, they had gone out to a party with GD the night before and that's how they met Johnny.” 

 

Collins looked shocked. “Didn’t he have this all planned out?” 

 

“When I think about it, it’s quite possible,” I said. 

 

“Of course, he had it all planned out,” said Mike. “This isn’t out first rodeo with Johnny, remember?” 

 

“As far as I remember, he was quite a handful,” said Collins as he rubbed the back of his head. 

 

“He still is,” said Zoey and Daniel at the same time. 

 

“We need to do something about him,” I said. “He’ll make things difficult for us.” 

 

“He already has,” Christine pointed out. “He and GD seem like really close friends.” 

 

“Not to mention that the others think he isn’t such a bad guy,” said Daniel. 

 

“Well, they think he’s changed,” said Zoey as she shook her head. “But we know better.” 

 

“I hope GD finally realises that Johnny isn’t such a good influence,” I said. “But something tells me he still might not see him that way.” 

 

“If he doesn’t we’ll knock him on the head until he does,” said Zoey, sounding tough. 

 

“And that will bring out a lawsuit,” Collins looked on warningly at her. 

 

“We won’t be hitting any heads, then,” Zoey nervously smiled. 

 

“Then what should we do?” Daniel asked. 

 

“Tighten up security wherever you go,” Collins replied. “We don’t want people knowing much about Johnny at such a time, so we’ll have to keep this hidden from the fans as much as possible.” 

 

“I sure hope it works. Fans have a very funny way of figuring out that something is wrong.” 

 

“Don’t worry, you aren’t going to be surrounded by many guards. They will just be more alert.” 

 

“Good. Ever since he's been here, I’ve been really uneasy,” said Christine. 

 

“You aren’t the only one,” I said. 

 

“You all better get ready. We’ve to meet Yang Hyun-suk and the others at the studio,” said Collins. He turned to look at Christine. “You better not jump around or do anything silly that will make your ankle get worse.” 

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t,” said Christine. 

 

“Sam, keep an eye on her for me, please,” Collins said as he looked at me. 

 

“Will do my best,” I assured him. 

 

“You’ve twenty minutes till we leave. You all better get ready.” 

 

For those of us who stood at the door of lounge, we moved aside for Collins to pass as he went down the hall to his room. In turn, we entered the lounge. Zoey and I went to sit on either side of Christine, while the boys went to sit on the other couch. 

 

“We really have to do something about Johnny,” Zoey complained. 

 

“You heard what Collins said,” said Daniel. “Security will be more alert.” 

 

“No, I mean the five of us.” 

 

We looked at her wondering what she could mean by that. But I guess, we all knew. 

 

“If we do any funny business on our own, we’ll only land ourselves into more problems,” I said. “Remember what happened when we tried to help you out with Jehan?” 

 

“Even when our plan worked, I’ll admit, we did make a mess,” said Mike. 

 

“So you’re telling me that we aren’t going to do anything?” Zoey asked. 

 

“Yes, we aren’t,” Christine answered. “Mike is right. We did make a mess at the Arts Centre and we had to perform to make up for it.” 

 

“You guys are clearly no fun.” Zoey folded her arms. 

 

“We can’t just do whatever we want, Zoey,” I said. “And if you ask me, we were pretty lucky. We would’ve been sued for damages, you know.” 

 

“No wonder Collins says we create trouble,” said Daniel. “I almost feel toxic.” 

 

“Doesn’t matter," I said. "This time around we’ll have to wait this one through.” 

 

“It’s more fun when we do it, but who knows what Johnny has in store for all of us this time around," said Mike. "I don’t want to cause any problems.” 

 

“Fine,” Zoey admitted defeat. “But when push comes to shove, we’re doing things our way.” 

 

“I hope you don’t mean the toxic way,” said Christine. 

 

Zoey looked at her and didn’t say a word. 

 

“Enough, guys,” I said. “We’ve more important things to worry about. You know: the song. Collins and Yang Hyun-suk will get to listen to it today, and if they don’t like it, I don’t know what I’ll do.” 

 

“It’s already a hit,” said Mike. “I wouldn’t mind if I were you.” 

 

“I agree,” said Zoey. She turned to look at me. “But did you get to talk to Yong-guk yesterday?” 

 

“Yesterday was impossible with what happened. And I forgot to give him a ring today. I sure hope he finished working on it.” 

 

Daniel relaxed by leaning further onto the couch he was seated on. “The song will be great and we all know that Yong-guk did a good job on it,” he said. “So stop worrying.” 

 

We heard the sound of the elevator doors draw open and we heard footsteps. Lee soon appeared in the lounge. 

 

“Your ride is ready downstairs,” Lee announced. 

 

“Shouldn’t we be taken in separate cars, you know, like each of us gets our own ride?” Zoey asked. 

 

Lee scoffed, “You’re unbelievable, Zoey.” 

 

“I’m just asking.” Zoey shrugged. 

 

“You took long to come up, Lee,” Mike said. “Did you have a good chat with the doctor?” 

 

Lee suddenly started to blush but tried to hide it by looking confused. “What do you mean?” 

 

“We saw you make googly eyes at him when he was looking at my ankle,” Christine chirped in. 

 

“No, I didn’t.” This time she's as red as a tomato. 

 

"Ooooh!" Zoey, Christine and I cooed at her. 

 

"Can you guys stop doing that!" Lee snapped. 

 

"Admit it, Lee," said Zoey. "If Mike could notice that you were giving the doctor the eye, then who could argue with him?" 

 

"I wasn't giving him the eye." 

 

"I'll admit that the doctor is pretty handsome," I said. "You and him will look great together." 

 

"Oh, stop it, all of you!" Lee looked like she was about to lose it. 

 

Collins soon came in the lounge. "What's going on here?" 

 

"Your Toxins are at it, again!" Lee said as she turned to look at Collins. 

 

"Is that why you're as red as a tomato?" Collins looked on clueless. 

 

"I'm going to my room," she quickly stormed out. Collins looked on and he turned to look at us as soon as she left. 

 

"What did you guys do?" Collins asked. 

 

The five of us all started to talk at random, saying that we didn't know why she left and that we didn't do anything. A look of confusion soon over Collins and he soon raised his hand to indicate that we should all stop talking. 

 

"I don’t want to hear it," he said. "You really do love to cause trouble, don't you?" 

 

Again, we all started to talk randomly, disagreeing with Collins over what he said. 

 

He rolled his eyes. "I'm going to get my tablet. I'm not going to get anything if I continue listening to you." 

 

He also walked out of the lounge and for a few seconds, silence fell upon us as we started to look at each other. 

 

“Okay, we really are toxic,” I said. “Look at how we drove both Collins and Lee away.” 

 

“We were just playing with them and you know it,” said Mike with a smile on his face. 

 

“If you ask me that was kind of fun,” Zoey pointed out. 

 

“But if we keep on doing that, they will get even more upset,” I said. I turned to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter