Chapter 33: Collaboration

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We arrived at TS Entertainment within a few minutes. I never imagined that it was so close to the doughnut shop.

We stood outside the gates of the building and were allowed inside by security. The building was four or five storeys high. Yong-nam continued to lead the way till we went inside.

We were in the reception area and there were two female receptionists at their desk. Yong-nam greeted one of them while the other was currently on a phone call. Yong-nam talked to the free receptionist and as soon as they were done, she turned and smiled at us welcoming us to the agency as she spoke in English.

"Thank you so much," said Lee. "We're really happy to be here."

"If you need any help, we're here to assist," she said.

"Come on," said Yong-nam, "the others must probably be wondering why I've taken so long."

Yong-nam led us to the elevator a few feet away from the desk. He pressed the up button and we waited for a few seconds til the doors flew open. Just before we stepped in, Zoey held us to a stop as she stood in front of us, blocking the way to the elevator.

"Wait a minute, everyone," she said.

"Huh, what is it?" Yong-nam asked.

"We aren't more than the maximum number of people for the elevator to hold, are we?"

"Oh, brother," Mike muttered as he stared at the ceiling. "Not this again. The elevator is going to close if we don't go in."

"We're seven, Zoey," I said. "Don't worry, the elevator will hold us just fine."

"Okay, just checking," said Zoey with a smile. "You remember what happened last time, right?"

Us Toxins would never forget the day when the five of us and the other five BigBang members got squeezed up in the elevator back at YG. There was barely enough room and it was at that point when we thought we would plummet to our deaths.

"Okay, since there's nothing to worry about," said Yong-nam, "should we get going?"

"Yes, please," said Daniel.

We all went inside and the elevator doors closed before us. Yong-nam who was closer to the elevator buttons, pressed one of them and the elevator started to move upwards. As soon as it did, the soft melodious elevator music started to play.

"Mmm," Lee looked up at the speaker atop the elevator roof. "It's not every elevator that you jump in that plays music."

"I like it," said Daniel. "It feels kind of soothing."

Soon the elevator came to a stop and the doors flew open. In front of us stood a long carpeted hallway. Yong-nam stepped out, leading the way as usual. He told us where we were; the recording studios.

"I hope they are still around," said Yong-nam. "Sometimes they like to move around."

"Are they recording or something?" I asked.

"Ya, something like that. But they were trying to work on lyrics for their song."

Looks like we weren't the only ones struggling with lyrics today.

"We were also working on writing our song back at the hotel," said Zoey, "we needed some motivation, so that's why we came to buy doughnuts."

"Sweet things also lift your spirits, huh?" Yong-nam asked as he smiled at Zoey.

"Kind of. But they really work on Sam here," Zoey pointed her thumb at me as I walked behind her. I rolled my eyes. That's so not true. Well..., maybe with chocolate.

"Doughnuts aren't really my favourite, you know?" I said as I looked at Christine beside me. She quickly noticed my eyes and flushed a little.

Zoey might like chocolate dip doughnuts, but Christine "loves" doughnuts. During our school days, she sometimes wouldn't take the school bus home just so she could buy doughnuts at the nearest store.

"I get what you mean," said Yong-nam.

We soon stopped by one of the doors down the hall and Yong-nam knocked with his free hand. For a second, no one answered.

"Is anyone in there?" Daniel asked.

"They should be," said Yong-nam as he knocked on the door again.

It took a few seconds till the door finally opened. Daehyun was the one behind it and his eyes weren't fixed on us as he seemed to be engaged in some conversation currently taking place in the room. But soon afterwards, his eyes focused on us that he did the unthinkable.

He screamed.

The door shut quickly in our faces. Well, that's weird. Everyone of us in the hall, looked at each other with puzzled looks. Did Daehyun just do that? I could understand if he were a girl, but a guy....? I'm finding it a little hard to believe.

"What just happened?" Zoey asked as she looked wide-eyed at the door.

"Daehyun, what's wrong with you?" came a voice inside. "Who's by the door?"

"Sorry, sorry, you won't believe who's here," said Daehyun, sounding shocked beyond belief.

The door opened again and this time, it was Zelo. He gasped and I thought he might shut the door in front of us like Daehyun, but he didn't.

"OMG, it's you!" Zelo said with so much excitement. "Now I see why Daehyun screamed like a girl."

"Hey, I didn't scream like a girl," said Daehyun as he came to stand right next to him.

"What's going on here?" came Yong-guk's voice and we heard footsteps approaching the door.

"Hey, Yong-guk," greeted Zoey when he finally came into view.

"Zoey?" Yong-guk couldn't believe that we were all there standing by the door. "The whole lot of the Toxins are here."

"Including me," said Lee, as she gave an embarrassing smile.

"This is Lee," said Zoey. "She's our manager's assistant, but she's more like our friend."

"Where are your manners?" came Himchan as he joined the others. "Let them in."

"Oh, ya, sorry, about that," said Daehyun as he, Yong-guk and Himchan moved away from the door. Zelo drew the door wide open.

"Welcome to their humble abode," said Yong-nam as he stepped inside the room first.

"Hey! Are you making fun of us?" Zelo asked.

"Am I?" Yong-nam gave Zelo a smirk.

As we entered the room, I noticed that the place looked busy. There was the recording room on the other side of the room and the sitting area looked a little messy with papers all around and Young-jae was picking up some of the mess.

"I hope we didn't come at a bad time," I said.

"Nonsense, you guys couldn't have come at a better time," said Young-jae as he threw away the crumpled papers in the waste bin located at the corner.

"I guess you're right," said Zoey as she went over to the cream coloured comfy couches and making herself comfortable.

"I'm glad you're all here," said Yong-guk. "We didn't get to meet Daniel and Mike last time."

"Ya, we weren't around back then," said Mike. "It's really nice meeting you all."

"Same here," said Zelo as he came to stand in between my two brothers. He's way taller than the both of them and I tried not to point it out.

"Please, sit down," said Daehyun as he came towards Christine and me, held each of our hands, and dragged us to one of the couches next to the one Zoey sat.

Christine giggled as she sat and so did I. "You didn't have to drag us here," she said.

"Hope you don't mind," said Lee, as she sat next to Zoey with the box on her laps, "we brought some more doughnuts."

"Wow, really?" Himchan asked as he sat across from us. "I was wondering what you and Sam were carrying in there."

"That's how we met, actually," said Yong-nam as he laid the box he was carrying on the table.

"We mistook him for Yong-guk at the doughnut shop," said Christine.

"People mix us up pretty easily," said Yong-guk as he smiled.

"Well, these things aren't going to eat themselves, are they?" Christine asked. "I say we dig in."

I gave Christine a look after placing the paper box on the table. It seems her craving for doughnuts hasn't disappeared after all.

"I second to that," said Zoey.

"Ya, I'm in the mood for something sweet so badly," said Young-jae as he knelt near the table.

"Wait a minute," I said as I looked at the B.A.P members in the room. "Where's Jongup?"

"I thought everyone h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter