Chapter 44: Off To Hongdae

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After telling the rest of the Toxins about the news of Zoey's disappearance, they were now all wide awake and quite frantic. Christine even went ahead to retrieve her phone from her room to try and call Zoey. Mike muttered about how he was going to give Zoey an earful when she got back to the hotel. Daniel, just like me, didn't say much, but the look on his face said it all. He was worried.

"Zoey has gone too far," said Daniel, finally finding his voice.

"All the more reason to find her," said Lee. She had her phone in hand. I wondered if she was also trying to call Zoey.

"Won't Collins be here soon?" Mike asked. "He won't be happy to know that Zoey isn't here."

"He'll be furious," I said. "The question is where she could have gone. Seoul is a big city, and she isn't familiar with the place."

"True," said Lee. "But the thing we know for certain is that she has gone to wherever Johnny is."

"That's a good place to start," said Mike. "Does anyone here know which hotel he could be residing in?"

"We can ask G-Dragon," I said.

Christine came rushing back into the room with her phone in her hand. Had she tried calling Zoey?

"Any luck?" Daniel asked, looking at Christine.

"No," she replied. "Her phone went through, but she didn't pick up."

"If we were back home, tracking her phone wouldn't be a problem with the connections I have," said Lee. "But we're on different territory, and we might just track unwanted attention."

"Well, we just have to stick to the basics, then," I said. I turned to Christine. "Call G-Dragon. If we find Johnny, we might find Zoey."

"I just hope he answers me," Christine said. After finding G-Dragon's line, she called and put the phone to her ear.

The rest of us waited in silence as we all stood, hoping for G-Dragon to answer. Finally, he did. Christine put the phone on loudspeaker for everyone to hear.

"Hey, Christine," came G-Dragon's voice. "I was in the shower. I hope you haven't been calling."

"No, this is the only time I've called," said Christine. "I called to ask you something. Do you know where Johnny is? Is he with you by any chance?"

"Um, no, he isn't. After I came back to my apartment, we both went our separate ways."

"Wait, you've never known where he is staying?"

"Not really. All I know is that he stays at some hotel not very far from my place. Hey, why are you asking about him? Is it about what happened this afternoon? You do know he didn't cut the power, right?"

"Yeah, we know. It was quite disappointing when we found out."

"Well, why are you asking about him? Don't tell me you plan on visiting him."

"We wouldn't even dream of it. Collins already has us on a tight leash."

"Then why ask these questions? Is something wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. It's silly."

"No, tell me. What's going on?"

The rest of us, who were quite like mice, turned to Christine. Lee shook her head, telling her not to tell him about Zoey. Christine looked like she was about to break into a sweat. If there's one thing she's not really good at, it's telling a genuine lie at gunpoint.

"Oh, uh... Zoey here was being paranoid earlier, thinking that Johnny might come for us here like he did at the YG building," Christine lied nervously. "But we tried convincing her that it couldn't happen and that he was far away from us. Plus, we have guards, so he can't go past them."

G-Dragon was silent for a minute, and we thought he hadn't bought it until he started to chuckle. Phew! That was a close one.

"Zoey really is a drama queen," he said. "Tell her that if it makes her feel better, I can come over and she can scratch my face off."

"Wait, you're coming over?" Christine now looked terrified.

"Oh, no. I'm beat for the day. Plus, I need to rest up. There's something I want to work on later. Tell everyone I said hi. As for Zoey, tell her to get a chill pill."

"Oh, I will. Thanks, GD. Goodnight."

"Goodnight. Send Sam my kisses."

Christine giggled as she looked at me. I felt like I was about to blow a fuse.

"I will," she answered as she ended the call.

"Well, we've heard him," said Mike. "Johnny is not with GD."

"And we know he still cares about Sam," Lee said teasingly.

"Enough," I said as I threw Lee and Christine a look. They looked like they were going to burst into laughter. "Think. Zoey went out to look for Johnny, but where could she have gone? She couldn't have left without knowing where he was."

"True," said Daniel. "She must have found out about his whereabouts from somewhere or from someone."

My mind clicked, and I soon snapped my fingers. "Social media. She must have seen something there." I turn to Christine, who already has her phone in her hand. "Check Johnny's Instagram account. We might find something there."

Christine went ahead to check, and a few seconds later, she said, "I found something."

"That was quick," said Mike, as he came over to check. "So where is he?"

"He posted where he would be tonight," said Christine as she showed Mike her phone. "It looks like someplace downtown."

"Does he usually post where he goes all the time?" Lee asked.

"Not really," said Mike as he scrolled through Johnny's feed. "Usually the places he posts about have pictures with him in them. His recent post shows a map of where he is going to be for the night."

"Could this be a trap?" I asked without much thought. "It's strange that he could post where he is going to be. Could he have known that one of us might take the bait?"

"Considering how mad Zoey still is about what happened earlier and how dense she could be, then yes," Mike answered with a nod of his head. "She's taken the bait. That's if it was really his plan from the very beginning."

"When we find Zoey, no one should say what Mike said about her being dense," I said.

"Noted," the other three, apart from Mike, responded simultaneously.

"It looks like we have to go there," said Christine as she took her phone from Mike. "But what are we going to do when Collins shows up?"

No sooner had Christine said those words did we hear the sound of the elevator reaching our floor. We all looked at each other, horrified. He's already here.

"Tell him that you guys plan to go out for the night to relax your mind after a long day," said Lee. We could hear footsteps coming in the hall. "He'll believe you."

"And what if he asks about Zoey?" Christine asked.

"We lie as usual," I answered.

"Hey, people," said Collins, standing at the entrance of the lounge. "I expected all of you to be asleep."

"We just woke up," said Daniel as he rubbed his eyes, pretending to be still sleepy.

"Your supper is here," Collins announced as a waiter came in, dragging a trolley filled with lovely delicacies. "And you won't believe who I met downstairs. They were coming up to see you."

"Who?" Mike asked with an eyebrow raised, looking confused. He wasn't the only one.

Two people appeared behind Collins. My mouth dropped in surprise, Christine included. There, standing alongside Collins, were Jimin and Jungkook from BTS.

"Jimin, Jungkook, hi," I said as I approached them. "It's a surprise to see you here."

"We didn't ruin your evening, did we?" Jungkook asked as he came to give me a hug.

"No, not at all," I said after we broke away from each other, and I went on to hug Jimin. Christine came behind to hug Jungkook. "Nothing could be more thrilling than having you guys over."

"Hey, you two!" Mike greeted them as he came to join us. "Nice to see you again. Why didn't you all come, the seven of you?"

"Oh, uh, the others are kind of busy," Jimin answered with a smile on his face. "We thought it would be fun to stop by and say hi."

"Or we can go out for the night," I suggested. "We have had a long day, so we thought it would be best to relax by going somewhere. Would you like to come along?"

I could feel Lee and the others eyes on me. I knew what they were thinking. Going out with Jimin and Jungkook might ruin our chance of finding Zoey ourselves. But there's another benefit to all this, and I'm not going to let that slip. With Jimin and Jungkook, who know Seoul very well, finding the place will be a piece of cake.

"I like the idea," said Daniel. "That's if it's fine with Collins."

"If you're going out to have fun, then fine by me," said Collins. "Just be careful. By the way, where is Zoey?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter