Chapter 20: As Red As RedVelvet

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, let me get this straight," said Collins over the phone. "You guys want to throw a party at the hotel?"

"Yes," I answered slowly. "We do."

"And what makes you think I'm going to allow that?"

Zoey leaned in closer to me and answered, "because you are invited."

Collins laughed. "Are you serious? Just because you're inviting me to your party doesn't mean I'm going to allow you to throw a party."

Zoey looked at me with a hopeless look on her face. I on the other hand wasn't giving up. I turned to look at Mike.

"Hey, which piñata do you think is best? One with rainbow colours or the all red one?" Mike asked.

"You guys want a piñata?" Collins asked sounding confused. "Are you already buying stuff for the party?"

I didn't answer him right away as I answered Mike, "let's not make it a Mexican party, Mike. We can leave it out."

"But Daniel really wants one," Mike insisted. "He said he hasn't had candy in a long time."

"Ya, a piñata will be awesome," said Zoey.

"Hello, is anyone listening to me?" Collins called out.

"Yes, Collins, we already started buying stuff for the party," I answered.

"Gosh, what to do with you monkeys," Collins muttered. "Okay, you can have your party. Let me talk to the hotel manager to give you guys a permit. You don't want to end up in a cell."

I smiled. "Thanks, Collins."

"Whatever. Just don't tear up the place, will you?"

"We promise," said Zoey.

Collins cut the line and the five of us, Toxins couldn't stop smiling.

"Well, that went well," I said.

"How did you know he wasn't going to refuse if he thought we were already buying stuff for the party?" Zoey asked.

"There was nothing he was going to do about it even if we were to bring all the party decorations back at the hotel without telling him in the first place. He would still say yes no matter what," I answered.

"I told you Sam had it all figured out," said Daniel.

"Now that that's been sorted out, we better get shopping," said Christine.

The five of us all came out of the car parked in the parking lot of the mall. We hurriedly walked up to the entrance to avoid any of our fans from spotting us.

As soon as we entered the mall, I turned to look at the others before we could go any further.

"Okay, so how is it going to be?" I asked. "Should we we split up and buy what we need or stick together?"

"I think we should stick together," said Christine. "We can't split up and just buy what we want. We didn't even make a list."

"I agree. At least if we are together, we can remind ourselves of what we need," said Zoey.

"Okay, then sticking together it is," I said. "We better hurry. We only have three hours till twelve so we better be done with shopping within an hour and a half."

To make our shopping more easier, we quickly found ourselves at a party supply store. Daniel first got red ballons. Lots of them because he was so excited about the party. They were almost too much that I had to put some of them back on the shelves when he wasn't looking.

We even got red confetti. That was all on Zoey. She's a huge fan of such. She reminded me of the old days when we used to make confetti out of cut out paper and put glitter on them. She really liked glitter. She still does, though she seems not to show it sometimes.

Mike was lucky enough to even find an all red piñata. I raised an eyebrow but didn't ask any questions.

"You don't seem pleased that I found a piñata," said Mike.

"Oh, I'm scared for Lee," I said. "She's really going to faint when she sees we actually found one. We aren't Mexican, you know?"

"No, but it will be good to have a good sense of mixed culture."

"That I agree. You can put the piñata in the trolley."

Mike did just that and went off into another aisle to see what other supplies he could get. I was the one slowly pushing the trolley and looking around as well.

Christine came to me with red party hats.

"How many are in each packet?" I asked.

"Ten," Christine answered. "Just got some more just in case."

"In case what?"

"In case some get to spoil their party hats. Especially the boys."

"You're right," I said. "I've no doubt Seungri and Seunghoon will do so."

I felt my phone beep in my purse and when I retrieved it, I found Lee was calling.

"Lee is calling," I said.

"I'll go check for more supplies," said Christine as she disappeared down an aisle.

"You guys just never stop surprising me," said Lee immediately I answered her call. "I was just in the middle of a pedicure when Collins called telling me that you're throwing a party."

"Ya, we are," I said.

"All I wanted was for you to go and have a normal fun time with BigBang. Not decide to throw a party out of the blue because you wanted to."

"If I told you what really happened, you're going to have a huge laugh," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't tell me, save if for after the party. I called to ask if you need anything or else if I don't help, Collins might just fire me."

"You know he wouldn't." I thought for a moment. "In fact, you can help us, Lee. And it will be the easiest thing to do because you don't need to move out of that beauty salon at all."

"There is no way that can happen." I could already imagine Lee making a corky smile and shaking her head.

"We need food and snacks for the party. Just enough to carter twenty to twenty-five people. It shouldn't be all that fancy."

"Okay, I know of a catering business around."

"Can they prepare something in two hours? The party's at twelve."

"Sure they can. It's not one of those massive dinner parties so you need some light food and snacks. They might have something in store for a regular party. I'll call them."

"Ya, you do that."

Lee paused for a moment. "You're right. I don't have to move out of here at all."

"Told you. Tell me if they agree to do so."

"Okay. Am I invited to the party?"

"Of course you are. You're no stranger. Just one thing though. Come dressed in red."

"Red? Why red?"

"Well, it's the theme for the party."

"I wonder why you chose the color. You guys mostly fancy blue or purple."

"The colour choosing is part of the long story."

"Would you need a white and red cake to go for your party?"

"Mmmm baking cakes is a lot of work. A cake would be nice but I bet these guys would expect a big one for the party."

"Leave that to me. I know a bakery that sells already made cakes and I bet they have a red and white one."

"Thanks, Lee."

"Don't mention it. What's a party without cake?"

Lee cut the line and I put my phone away in my purse. I continued to push the trolley when Mike and Daniel appeared in front of me all of the sudden. I almost bumped into them with the trolley.

"Whoa, you two, I would have run you over," I said.

"Thank God it isn't a car," said Mike.

I rolled my eyes. "What's up?"

"Guess what we found?" Daniel said as both him and Mike raised what they were holding in their hands.

"Oh, confetti guns," I said with a smile. "This is going to be fun."

"Cool! Confetti guns!" Zoey appeared behind me with party blowers.

"We're so going to make a mess at the party," said Daniel.

"All the more for Collins to hate us," I said.

"So what are you saying?" Mike asked. "We shouldn't get them?"

"Of course we can, it's a party after all."

"Yes!" the two boys cheered as they put the confetti guns into the trolley and ran off.

"Aren't we almost done here?" Zoey asked as she came over to the trolley to put in the red party blowers. "I mean, we are almost at the end of the store."

"I think we got all that we need," I said as I looked into the trolley. "But let the others scavenge through the last aisles and see what they get."

"I wanted to ask about the food," said Zoey. "You know there's no party without it."

"I know. Lee called to ask what else we needed and I told her about the food and snacks. There might even be cake."

Zoey's eyes lit up. "Cake?"

"Did someone say cake?" Christine poked her head round the corner of a shelf, with an excited look on her face upon hearing the word "cake."

My two brothers appeared from the last aisles with red party streamers as they sang Flo Rida's song "Cake", "I only came for the cake. Ca-ca-ca-cake Ca-ca-ca-cake!"

"Okay, looks like I shouldn't have said that," I said as I looked at my two brothers sing and dance to the song waving the streamers around.

Zoey laughed. "There's just no party without cake," she said.

"I wonder what's so special about it," I said as I stared off into the distance.

"No one knows," said Christine as she came with red party ribbons and put them in the trolley. "Most people only come for the cake."

"I didn't came here to party," sang Mike as he slowly approached.

"I didn't come here to stay," Daniel continued, following Mike.

"I came to the leave with somebody," sang Mike.

"I only came for the cake," the five of us all responded at the same time.

I smiled. "Okay, are we done?" I asked.

"Looks like we are," said Mike. "That's if you want me to get some party costumes at the end of the aisle."

"No!" the four of us answered. Mike raised his hands in surrender.

"Alright, I was only kidding," he said.

"Let's pay for this stuff," I said. "And who wants to go shopping for red outfits?"

All the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter