Chapter 22: Let The Party Begin

A K-Pop Utopia (A Black Kitty Series, Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hour was almost here and the place was looking magnificently red thanks to Lee, the hotel staff and the five of us Toxins. The food came right on time and they looked really appetizing. They were set on tables down the hall just after the door leading to the lounge. Mike had quickly set up the sound system for the party and there was some music playing in low sound.

Mike was standing by the sound system behind his laptop going through his music list. He volunteered to be the DJ for the day. Christine and Zoey were still in their rooms adding finishing touches to their makeup. I know it's a red themed party, but if they were putting red makeup all over their faces, they would look like clowns.

Daniel and I were standing at the entrance of the lounge looking around and admiring the place. As for Lee, she was taking a phone call down the hall, obviously telling the staff to be aware of our guests. She was dressed in a stunning red long flared dress that made her look twice as pretty. She decided to take up the party as the host.

"This is going to be some party," said Daniel.

"Don't you think we should have put up a disco ball?" I asked as I stared at the ceiling.

"Nah, it's fine. The red streamers are already shiny enough that we don't need one."

"Ya, you're right. I'm nervous about the party, you know?"

"Because of the paparazzi? They aren't coming in this party for your own info. It's not like they are going to judge the way our party is going to be."

"You're right, we shouldn't be worried now that we have beefed up security. But I'm worried for another reason."

Daniel folded his arms as he looked at me. "Whenever you say that, things happen for the worst."

"Twenty percent of the time," I assured him.

"More of a fifty if you ask me."

"Well, that's too much, don't you think?"

"I don't know. You're the one who gets the crazy heebeegeebees all the time. Now tell me, do you feel something bad is really going to happen at the party?"

"No, not really. Maybe I'm just thinking too much worrying that something might go wrong."

"Or maybe, you're thinking too much about G-Dragon."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Why would I be thinking about him?"

"I don't know." Daniel playfully moved his foot around. He wore pretty cool red and white Nike sneakers with a matching red and black baseball jersey and black shirt with black jeans. Mike wore similar clothes since they both decided that they should look like twins for the day. "Maybe you're just trying to impress him."

"No, I'm not trying to impress him. I just feel guilty. I mean, it was his party after all and then we ruined everything."

"You can't simply blame us. But now that you've have put up a warning signal, I might just be a little cautious from now on."

"Nothing is going to go wrong. Don't mind what I say."

"Sam, are you just having this weird feeling because of the phone call you received earlier?"

I gulped. Maybe that's why I was feeling like this. And now that Daniel had reminded me, he might be right.

"Let's not think about it," I said as I looked over at Lee down the hall. "Lee doesn't know about this yet."

"Sure," said Daniel as he pantomimed with his fingers by zipping his mouth.

Lee came towards us after talking on the phone. "Okay, guys," she said. "Our first guests have arrived."

"Who?" I asked.

"WINNER."

"Well, they are really early," said Daniel. "And it's only five minutes till the party starts."

"At least we can get the party started. So, how is the situation downstairs, Lee?"

"I've been told by the staff that there isn't much of the paparazzi. There are a few fans as well, but so far, everything seems normal," said Lee.

I raised an eyebrow. Something didn't feel right. Normal wasn't what I was expecting. But I tried not to think too much about it.

"Well, that's great," said Daniel. "Not much to worry about now."

"For the time being," my mind couldn't help but say.

The sound of the elevator rang in our ears and the three of us all turned towards it.

"Hey, party people!" greeted Seunghoon as he came out of the elevator first in a bright red leather jacket with cool red and black shades that he had placed over his head rather than his eyes. He stopped dead on his tracks when he saw us, particularly, me.

"Wow, Sam," he said. His mouth fell open.

Mino who appeared behind him looked at me and he too had his mouth open.

"You look really beautiful, Sam," said Jinwoo who immediately appeared behind the two who were dumbfounded.

"Thank you, Jinwoo, and you look adorable in the red suit," I said, as he came over to me and gave me a hug. Then he went onto hug Lee.

"Hey, Daniel."

"Hi, you're looking smart in that red suit of yours," said Daniel.

"Thanks."

"I wonder what's up with these two," said Seungyoon as he came to stand beside Mino and Seunghoon.

"Don't mind them," I said. "You, my friend, are stunning."

Seungyoon wore all casual and cool, but you can't deny that he came with a sense of style. He wore a loose red cashmere t-shirt with black jeans and he tied around his waist a black and red checked t-shirt. To finish his look, he wore a gold chain around his neck, with a black head sock on his head and his shoes were red Jordans.

Seunghoon also came over to hug me and Lee.

"Well, you two ladies look stunning," said Seungyoon.

"Thank you, you boys are rocking it though," said Lee.

I walked over to Mino and Seunghoon and closed both their gaping mouths when I got close to them.

"Are you two fine now?" I asked.

Seunghoon smiled at me. "That's if I get to dance with you first. That's when I'll feel better."

"No," said Mino who quickly came behind me and took my arm. "I'll be dancing with her first, if she doesn't mind."

I wanted to say that I do mind, but Mino quickly took me into the lounge. I heard Seunghoon behind me complain.

"You're so unfair, Mino," he said as he came into the lounge with the others behind him.

"What's going on?" Mike asked as looked up from his laptop at Mino and I.

"Crank up the volume," said Mino, as he still held my hand. "Sam and I want to dance."

"You wanted to dance, not me," I reminded him.

"I know just the song to get this party going," said Mike as he tapped on his laptop and the music started to play.

I shook my head for a moment, looking at Mino. I wanted to tell him how ridiculous all this was until the song I heard coming from the speakers made me forget what I wanted to say.

I looked at Mike. "Oh my gosh," I said, totally surprised. "It's been so long since I heard this song."

"One of my all time favourites," said Daniel, as he was already in the mood to dance, swaying his head side to side.

It was the "Party Rock Anthem" by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter